Posted May 30, 2014
This school has bullying and the teachers don't care! Except for a few teachers that do but there is always theft here.

Posted May 06, 2014
i am currently a 7th grader at this school it sucks really bad there is too much bullying and the teachers will not do anything to help at all my teacher is constanlly failing students and baleming tem for stuff they didnt do so yeah its the wrost school these thots aint loyal lol ... the teachers have no consideration for the stundent on what he or she is going on at home all u parents do not let your child go to this school sincerly a former stundent of salem

Salem Middle 4

Posted March 28, 2014
I believe Salem is an above average MS. My son entered 7th grade after 5 years at Thales Private school so he had some adjustments to make in terms of thinking, organizing and managing for himself. Although his private schooling excelled in terms of his learning, he lacked independent skills coming into this school. Most importantly, he experienced a severe dose of bullying right off the bat which went on for almost 2 quarters before I blew a gasket with the administration. Sure there are plenty of posters and 'lip service' denouncing bullying at Salem, but when it came to dealing with it, my son was not justly served. It finally took a chance video of one event to prove there was an issue. I had to demand in a heated conversation with the principal a change of tracks which was reluctantly accommodated to resolve the problem. My sons grades dropped from A/B's to C/D's during the first half and have only marginally recovered since. I know some of this has to do with the transfer back to public school but his confidence was shattered when those who are trusted with his safety failed him on several occasions. Don't take NO for answers, the principal is supposed to be our PAL.

Salem Middle 3

Posted March 04, 2014
There are a few exceptional teachers at this school and they really stand out! When is comes to Math teachers they have a major problem! My son had one teacher that has been there for several years still nervous in front of the students and would ask them how to do certain problems. Then there was my sons 8th grade year with 5 math teachers in one year! Another track had the same problem with 4 different math teachers. The principal was not interested in dealing with all the inadequate math teachers and would shy away from parent calls and emails and would not deal with the problem himself. Two years of bad math instruction to the point that Apex High had to have several Special Topics Math courses to bring all the Salem Middle students up to par.

Posted January 30, 2014
Salem Middles School is 100% absolutely TERRIBLE! They say they help you and prevent bullying and help with education. But all of those are lies. Half the school gets bullied and they do nothing about it. Teachers are not good with teaching at all. They just get mad or upset when the students fail for their faults. Like it's ridiculous. My daughter shouldn't be living like this. Everything about that school is pathetic! You think it's good!? Think again and find another school to go to. You'll hate it here and so will your child

Posted January 28, 2014
Salem is an excellent school. If you're looking for a school with a safe environment and clean facilities, this is the one. Bullying is almost nonexistant and the teachers are always looking out for students. There is no place on campus where there isn't adult supervision.. Which sounds annoying but actually lets students be more relaxed. As far as education goes, the teachers are knowledgable and explain concepts well. There are a couple of teachers here and there that are really strict, but no "bad" teacher has survived at Salem for more than a year. I have had a great experience at Salem and Salem has turned me from an okay student to an excelling student.

Posted December 05, 2012
I couldn't be more pleased with a middle school. My daughter comes home every single day after school telling me how much she loves all of her teachers. This has NEVER happened before. The track4 teachers at Salem are outstanding, as is the band teacher - top in Wake County. All of her teachers (mostly male by the way, which is rare these days) are having such an enormously positive impact on her and how she learns. I can't imagine being at any other school. It's a well-oiled machine at Salem, no complaints at all.

Posted September 25, 2012
Both of my children attend the SMS and while we had a rough patch in the past, I have not felt let down by the teachers and their efforts to engage and make learning the focus and lessons interesting. I thank them for all they do.

Salem Middle 2

Posted September 11, 2012
Not too crazy about this school. Compassion and caring seem to be absent in some of the teachers and administrative staff.

Posted April 03, 2011
i am in fith grade at laurel park and my friends sister goes to salem middle and she says that the teachers are great and the princeabale (sorry i cant spell it right) is AWSOME i would go to salem and let your daughters and sons go there too. I have been to salem middle school for my friends sisters play and it rocked. They have 6 weeks of weel like art,drama,and spanish. The school is great and you should send your childern to salem middle even my mom says it to

Contact Information

6150 Old Jenks Road
Apex, NC 27502

School website

Salem Middle
6150 Old Jenks Road, Apex, NC  27502
Last modified Salem Middle is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salem Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.