Glen Arden Elementary 5

Posted May 22, 2014
I love this school! We moved here from out of state in 2013 and from registration to end of school year, the staff were attentive to my child's specific educational and medical needs. Excellent communication with teachers, office staff, school nurse, and administration! The school personnel genuinely care for the students and families. Several family/school events and many opportunities for students to engage in community outreach!

Glen Arden Elementary 4

Posted March 09, 2014
Very good experience at Glen Arden for K and 1st grade. My son has had excellent teachers who control the classroom well, a responsive principal, and good instruction from specials - PE, Music, and Art.

Glen Arden Elementary 3

Posted August 31, 2013
Some really great teachers but some really lack professional tact when dealing with families. In two separate incidents, non-parents, ie grandparents, aunt/uncles, treated with less than respect. You have to be 'known' to be treated with dignity. There is a distinct lack of modeling of manners. Staff is "in charge" and upon observation, often fails to listen to explanation, or give initial warning/observation before administering a consequence- often a public (and embarrassing) reprimand. Academics meet state standard with experienced staff carrying the bulk of responsibility in education. They have a great phys ed program- very caring and engaged teacher. The principal is responsive and reachable. The pto centers on 'stay at home' moms but is welcoming and offers parent involvement in many ways. Overall an ok school but wish for more enthusiasm and respect from all teachers, not just those who have to speak to me or my family. As far as teaching strategy- last year's teacher for one child rarely checked homework, another never answered email, and none of them updated the class website. In my opinion, hit or miss on that great class.

Glen Arden Elementary 4

Posted August 25, 2013
First week into our second year, so based on last year... Likes: the community, using teachers for their strengths, communication, welcoming staff, and accessibility. Dislikes: not always organized, lack of Title I for meeting needs, cafeteria nutrition/quality of food is questionable, and P.E. only once per week.

Posted September 26, 2009
Glen Arden has very caring dedicated staff and parent community. My little girl loves to go to school.

Posted September 24, 2009
My Daughter has had awesome teachers actually the best.. We are truly blessed..... My son also this year has a really great teacher

Posted September 23, 2009
Our school really cares about our children's education and their happiness.

Posted September 23, 2009
Small, Cozy, warm, friendly smiles; all Makes it feel like home away from home! My children are getting a wonderful education and I can have many oopurtunities to volunteer. Thank you Glen Arden Staff.

Glen Arden Elementary 5

Posted September 23, 2009
Our school has wonderful teachers and staff who really care about our children. They make learning fun for kids.

Posted September 22, 2009
I have two children in that school and they both love it. Glen Arden's staff truly cares about their students.

Glen Arden Elementary
50 Pinehurst Circle, Arden, NC  28704
Last modified Glen Arden Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Arden Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.