Bad
Good

The teachers are great and love to teach! The administration, they are stretched out too thin for the most part and paper work often gets miss placed. The nurse is not in the building all the time. The lunch room staff is great, meals, not so much. Communication is lacking between the parents and school. The PTO is, well, horrible. Totally disorganized. Rude members, unless you are one of them. Do not like suggestions from "outsiders". The school is in the middle of upper middle class lower high class neighborhoods and although it doesn't reflect from the children, the parents let you know it. We are a middle class family and our child doesn't want for anything. I nor my husband " dress up " for anything even our own wedding. We were looked down upon for wearing jeans to a breakfast. Can't win them all.

All three of my kids went to Glen Arden and they had just the best time. The teachers are so helpful and encourage their students to do their best. I would recommend this school to anyone!

I love this school! We moved here from out of state in 2013 and from registration to end of school year, the staff were attentive to my child's specific educational and medical needs. Excellent communication with teachers, office staff, school nurse, and administration! The school personnel genuinely care for the students and families. Several family/school events and many opportunities for students to engage in community outreach!

Very good experience at Glen Arden for K and 1st grade. My son has had excellent teachers who control the classroom well, a responsive principal, and good instruction from specials - PE, Music, and Art.

Some really great teachers but some really lack professional tact when dealing with families. In two separate incidents, non-parents, ie grandparents, aunt/uncles, treated with less than respect. You have to be 'known' to be treated with dignity. There is a distinct lack of modeling of manners. Staff is "in charge" and upon observation, often fails to listen to explanation, or give initial warning/observation before administering a consequence- often a public (and embarrassing) reprimand. Academics meet state standard with experienced staff carrying the bulk of responsibility in education. They have a great phys ed program- very caring and engaged teacher. The principal is responsive and reachable. The pto centers on 'stay at home' moms but is welcoming and offers parent involvement in many ways. Overall an ok school but wish for more enthusiasm and respect from all teachers, not just those who have to speak to me or my family. As far as teaching strategy- last year's teacher for one child rarely checked homework, another never answered email, and none of them updated the class website. In my opinion, hit or miss on that great class.

First week into our second year, so based on last year... Likes: the community, using teachers for their strengths, communication, welcoming staff, and accessibility. Dislikes: not always organized, lack of Title I for meeting needs, cafeteria nutrition/quality of food is questionable, and P.E. only once per week.

Glen Arden has very caring dedicated staff and parent community. My little girl loves to go to school.

My Daughter has had awesome teachers actually the best.. We are truly blessed..... My son also this year has a really great teacher

Our school really cares about our children's education and their happiness.

Small, Cozy, warm, friendly smiles; all Makes it feel like home away from home! My children are getting a wonderful education and I can have many oopurtunities to volunteer. Thank you Glen Arden Staff.

Last modified Glen Arden Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.