Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I read these reviews before sending my son to school here last year and almost did not even give the school a chance based on what I read. I would strongly encourage you to visit this school, meet the staff. The administration is amazing, the teachers are amazing, this school is filled with so much love and support. I now have a son in first grade and a daughter in kindergarten and can't say enough about Avery's Creek. My son has excelled at both social and educational goals and I'm excited to see what this year will bring.

My daughter had the best experience of her elementary career at this school! She is now in 5th grade at Koontz and is thriving! Her teachers at Avery's Creek motivated her to want to be her best in not only academics but personally! The staff and administration are extremely caring and nurturing and always put the needs of the students at the forefront of all of their decisions! You will not find a better elementary school anywhere!

This school has "misplaced" my daughter three times in 2 school years. They have an excuse for everything. In my opinion, this school is a parent's worst nightmare.

I attended this school as a kindergartener when it first opened in 1996 and the teachers and staff never did anything for me for all six years I was there. I was bullied because I came from a trailer park. My autistic son started kindergarten here last year and was immediately targeted by bullies who were determined to crush his beautiful, shining spirit. He was so excited to start school but he soon grew afraid to even get on the bus. Once again, teachers and staff did nothing, deciding instead to blame me for not 'toughening him up' for the 'real world'. I don't tolerate victim blaming, so I took him out so I could homeschool him. It's overcrowded and disorganized and they don't care about you if you're not one of the millionaires from Biltmore Park that are padding their ever-expanding wallet. Don't send your kids here unless you're rich.

My child started attending Avery's Creek in the 2012-2013 school year. He was unhappy about the move and leaving his first school behind. The staff worked very hard with him and his teachers have been more than we could hope for in their determination to help him be his best. He has gone from below reading level to above, his math scores are excellent, and he is happy there. Principal Nunez has been very good for the school. She shows interest in all the students and works very hard to help the school excel.

Once again, the bully prevails with the help of an ineffectual, disrespectful, and rude administration. The victim's family is left paralyzed from the farcical policies and nonexistent regulations of their zero tolerance bully system.

Avery's Creek is far ahead of the curve in embracing a global identity. This school is exceptional.

This school is horrible! They claim they don't allow bullying yet my daughter has been tormented on several occasions without anything being done. The administration and staff is absolutely incompetent and rude as can be! The principal is the worst of them all! The only reason I gave it two stars is because of Mr.Worley! He is the only teacher there worth mentioning and cares about the students, besides making a positive impact in their lives. Thank you Mr. Worley!

my daughter attended this school and was treated with disrespect and unconcern for her needs, the princapal is rude, hateful and uncaring. this school is over crowded and unorganized. my daughter was also bullied at this school and nothing was every done about it .it was always just dismissed as normal childhood behavior. i would not allow my children to attend this school if you can help it.

Averys creek is a great school with very nice staff members. All I have to say is that their food is not always good. I'd like them to cook their chicken nuggets a little longer.But alltogether it is the best school in buncombe county, and I would certanly recommend it!

Last modified Avery's Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.