Posted August 03, 2014
I attended this school as a kindergartener when it first opened in 1996 and the teachers and staff never did anything for me for all six years I was there. I was bullied because I came from a trailer park. My autistic son started kindergarten here last year and was immediately targeted by bullies who were determined to crush his beautiful, shining spirit. He was so excited to start school but he soon grew afraid to even get on the bus. Once again, teachers and staff did nothing, deciding instead to blame me for not 'toughening him up' for the 'real world'. I don't tolerate victim blaming, so I took him out so I could homeschool him. It's overcrowded and disorganized and they don't care about you if you're not one of the millionaires from Biltmore Park that are padding their ever-expanding wallet. Don't send your kids here unless you're rich.

Posted February 02, 2014
My child started attending Avery's Creek in the 2012-2013 school year. He was unhappy about the move and leaving his first school behind. The staff worked very hard with him and his teachers have been more than we could hope for in their determination to help him be his best. He has gone from below reading level to above, his math scores are excellent, and he is happy there. Principal Nunez has been very good for the school. She shows interest in all the students and works very hard to help the school excel.

Posted November 18, 2013
Once again, the bully prevails with the help of an ineffectual, disrespectful, and rude administration. The victim's family is left paralyzed from the farcical policies and nonexistent regulations of their zero tolerance bully system.

Posted November 15, 2013
One of my children, was consistently assaulted both verbally and physically, by a particular student. The administration failed to protect my child. One day at car rider line dismissal, I was told that my kindergartener could be located. After 20 minutes, I found my child huddled, in a corner crying. Administration blamed my 5 year old instead of the person, being paid to watch the children. Enroll your children at your own risk.

Posted November 13, 2013
Avery's Creek is far ahead of the curve in embracing a global identity. This school is exceptional.

Avery's Creek Elementary 2

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is horrible! They claim they don't allow bullying yet my daughter has been tormented on several occasions without anything being done. The administration and staff is absolutely incompetent and rude as can be! The principal is the worst of them all! The only reason I gave it two stars is because of Mr.Worley! He is the only teacher there worth mentioning and cares about the students, besides making a positive impact in their lives. Thank you Mr. Worley!

Posted November 15, 2011
my daughter attended this school and was treated with disrespect and unconcern for her needs, the princapal is rude, hateful and uncaring. this school is over crowded and unorganized. my daughter was also bullied at this school and nothing was every done about it .it was always just dismissed as normal childhood behavior. i would not allow my children to attend this school if you can help it.

Avery's Creek Elementary 4

Posted March 31, 2011
Averys creek is a great school with very nice staff members. All I have to say is that their food is not always good. I'd like them to cook their chicken nuggets a little longer.But alltogether it is the best school in buncombe county, and I would certanly recommend it!

Posted August 01, 2008
This school is overcrowded and has not passed the end of grade testing for a least 2 years

Posted June 05, 2008
We LOVE Avery's Creek Elementary. The teachers are great and our child has enjoyed going to school every day. We are excited about starting first grade in the fall.

Avery's Creek Elementary
15 Park South Boulevard, Arden, NC  28704
Last modified Avery's Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avery's Creek Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.