Carolina Day School

Private | PK-12

Living in Asheville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $176,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted November 17, 2010

Key School at Carolina Day has been one of our most difficult experiences. Buyer be ware.

Posted July 23, 2010

My two children have been enrolled at Carolina Day School for the past 11 years. We have had an amazing experience at CDS. My children have had the usual ups and downs of 'growing-up" but we have had great support from every teacher and administrator along the way. As my children have transitioned into the Upper School, I continue to be grateful for the excellent preparation they receive as they progress from one division to another. My children are thriving and becoming people I feel very proud of, in large part thanks to CDS and the caring faculty and staff.

Posted June 25, 2010

Our three children graduated from CDS - the youngest in 2009. One question other parents often ask about is our kids'preparation for college. Each of our kids chose academically challenging schools - Williams College, NYU - Tisch School of the Arts and Yale. I had real concerns about their ability to handle these challenges. I didn't need to be worried - the incredible faculty at CDS made sure they were more than ready. Our kids knew how to study and organize their time. They placed out of many freshmen classes and entered on a sophomore level. They were asked to tutor other students in writing skills and they have each excelled in their chosen fields. Even better - all three have had or are having fun and have been incredibly happy with their choice of a college.

Posted June 18, 2010

I have two boys who have been at CDS since Pre-K. Their education has been exceptional, not only academically, but by learning to be good citizens, stewards of our planet, and responsible adults. Now my youngest is getting ready to transition to the Middle School. Since we have already done this once with his older brother, I am confident that the turbulent middle school years will be met with understanding and compassion, from an excellent faculty and staff who have so much experience with middle school children, and with challenge of strong academics, provided for both the individual and team effort. I must also say that these teachers KNOW my child. When my son was struggling, emails were exchanged & meetings set up to come up with a plan to keep him on track. He finished the year with straight A's after working with his teacher to make it happen.

Posted June 18, 2010

I have been thrilled with the education my daughter has received at Carolina Day School. She started in the public school system, but was working so hard to stay with the class. We requested testing through the public school and with the results they said they would have to wait until she FAILED in 3rd or 4th grade in order to help her. We immediately looked at the Key School at CDS and have never looked back. Now my daughter is a rising Freshman and will transition to the Upper School. We feel she is well prepared to attend the Upper School and are pleased with the special programs they have in place for kids with learning differences. We are confident she will be successful, because the teachers are dedicated to helping her achieve to her highest potential. I am so glad we found Carolina Day!

Posted June 18, 2010

My son started at Carolina Day as a pre-schooler and loved it. At the beginnig of first grade he was diagnosed with dsylexia and moved to the Key School. Wow - this has changed his life and ours. The transition was very smooth and my son's reading has improved beyond my hopes. He now says "I am a reader!" I don't see how anyone can consider Carolina Day School not welcoming to all types of kids and families when they developed the Key School specifically to meet the needs of students with learning differences. The teachers are caring and great at what they do, they are there because they love what they do. I hope my sons stays at Carolina Day through high school.

Posted February 26, 2010

Sent our youngest daughter here as an alternative to Asheville Middle School. CDS does an excellent job of nurturing middle schoolers. The academic side leaves much to be desired. Both my wife and I attended private schools and both of our older daughters attended private schools for elementary. With the exception of the public middle school this is the worst educational facility we have ever experienced. We transfered our daughter out of CDS after making mediocre grades for 3 years into the public high school. We enrolled her into AP and honors level classes and she is all honor roll as a Sophomore. In addition she has had more homework over the summer break then she did in the entire three years at CDS. Don't get me wrong CDS has a few excellent teachers per grade. Their failure at $16,000.00 a year is that they all aren't Excellent.

Posted October 30, 2009

My daughter attended Carolina Day last year and we hate this school!! There is too much emphasis placed on monitary values and not enough on education. We switched to a private Christian school and love it there! The parents at CDS are snobby and not welcoming to new families! Horrible school not worth what you pay for it....it is just another status symbol!

Posted October 20, 2008

I love CDS. All my sisters have graduated from here and I plan to do the same. We, CDS, are a close knit community who help each other at all cost. Really not 'snobby', but open to newcomers! Hope to see you here!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 19, 2005

By far the best private school our child has attended, including California and Hawaii. Many students go all the way from pre-K to 12th grade.Everyone is treated like family, including newcomers! and-the kids are not 'snobby or entitled'!

Asian 2% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
American Indian/Alaskan Native 0% 2%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAIS

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1345 Hendersonville Road