K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The faculty and administration are top notch! There is a feeling of being welcomed on the campus whether you are checking the school out for the first time or have been around for a while. The atmosphere is just what I believe is needed for solid learning in a competitive world.
September 21, 2015

Bad
Good

Posted June 23, 2016
I was attempting to enroll my child at the Key School. I was told enrollment was down. I was also told by one of there employee's they need a specific gender for a specific grade level. My child was a match, therefor I was extremely excited for a parent of a child with dyslexia. After I filled out financials and paperwork, I was told there was not a "spot" for her. In an email. I find that hard to believe when tuition is 32k a year. They did not feel as though they could assist in her needs to help her grow. Is this not was the school focus on " dyslexia" my child is in private school and is and has been tutored in Orton- Gillingham. Let me also mention there absolutely is no behavior issues. Therefore either The school that focus on dyslexia could not help my dyslexia child, or my financials where not sufficient for them at 32k a year tuition. However, my child's grandparents were willing to pay I just did not get the opportunity to inform them of that. Makes you wonder.

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
We provide many opportunities throughout the year for professional development both by division, grade, as well as seeking out professional conferences. Faculty are expected to share what they learned with their division or the specific discipline.

Develops grit:
SCHOOL LEADER
Educating parents, students, faculty and staff that it is essential to learning and life. Articles are shared to reinforce the importance of resilience.

Message to families

Posted February 11, 2015
One of the worst school that promote difference between upper rich class and lower class living . I had my son in this school .i had to pull him out because of the unfair behavior of teachers ..These teachers only care their own kids studying in school .The high school does not have any AP courses , that means even if your child is intelligent , he still cant achieve high grades easily . Teachers are not up-to standard .they are increasing tuition fee every year , and the teachers are not up to standard. the building is too old , looks like it fall soon .If you compare good public schools they are the best .their system gets updated every year .

Carolina Day School 5

Posted November 06, 2014
Our daughter has attended Carolina Day School since pre-k and is now in the Upper School. The school offers a rigorous curriculum, high expectations and caring teachers. Comparing the level our daughter is at with acquaintances at the public schools, we feel that her education is superior, and she will be well-equipped to handle college. The other students, especially in the Upper School, treat each other like a small family. Attend the graduation ceremonies and listen to the graduating students give their speech, they all have the opportunity to do so. Most of them are in tears, thanking their teachers and classmates, whom they refer to as family. That says it all for us; we'll be there till she graduates!

Posted August 29, 2014
I had my son in this school for couple of years .he experienced a non welcoming and rude enviroment in the school .he is an A+ and a well behaved student .he was called in office 5 or 6 times on a behavior complains and then they call parents to office and lecture them in a pretty strict and unprofessional tone .they also like to threat parents every time if they are not in a good mood .later we found out that the complains were from the kids of teachers and they responded without any efforts to find out that who did that .one of the reason for that was also because of the diversity .he is not white so he will be in trouble every time if something happens .my son is in public school .he won 6 awards in his elementary and I see a big smile on his face when he talk about his current public school .almost everyday he says that "I have the best teachers in my class ".so my advice to the parents ......please if you have a good public school in your district then that will be the best for your child .don't go for this private school.every year they are increasing fee and student enrollment is going doing because of their poor performance and poor choice of administration.

Posted May 15, 2014
This school pales in comparison to the public schools in my district. Both my husband and I attended Carolina Day and started our children there in kindergarden as well expecting them to go all the way through high school. My daughter did fine though didnt seem very challenged, but my son had reading difficulties that were never caught by his teachers. With the smaller class sizes I would have hoped a teacher would have poiinted this out to me. I suspected and later learned that one of his teachers was basically deaf in one ear and the other either didn't care or was checked out. I pulled both my kids from Carolina Day and sent them to the public school near our home after hearing rave reviews from our neighbors. Both of my children have excelled there and have told me they are challenged so much more than at Carolina Day. I don't pretend that all public schools are excellent - most have a lot of work to do. But I am so happy with the public schools (elementary and high school especially) in my area and am grateful that my son's earlier reading issue led me to give them a chance!

Carolina Day School 5

Posted March 31, 2014
This school is amazing and the primary focus is well centered on the children and how to teach according to their learning styles keeping the environment challenging and safe. Greatest school in the area.

Carolina Day School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
My son has been at Key School for 2 years now, and it has been just what he needed. An excellent fit. He went from being a boy terrified, and discouraged with respect to reading, to a boy who always has a book in his hands! He loves it there, and the other students and the teachers "get" how he is wired. I highly recommend it. I wish it were a lower cost to be more in reach for all, but the school does community outreach, & has a pool of great tutors at their "tutoring connection". We are not elitist or wealthy; the school has been very supportive of our son's learning and nurturing his gifts. We appreciate their positive view of students with learning differences!

Carolina Day School
1345 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC  28803
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews.
Last modified Carolina Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-12