Posted August 29, 2014
I had my son in this school for couple of years .he experienced a non welcoming and rude enviroment in the school .he is an A+ and a well behaved student .he was called in office 5 or 6 times on a behavior complains and then they call parents to office and lecture them in a pretty strict and unprofessional tone .they also like to threat parents every time if they are not in a good mood .later we found out that the complains were from the kids of teachers and they responded without any efforts to find out that who did that .one of the reason for that was also because of the diversity .he is not white so he will be in trouble every time if something happens .my son is in public school .he won 6 awards in his elementary and I see a big smile on his face when he talk about his current public school .almost everyday he says that "I have the best teachers in my class ".so my advice to the parents ......please if you have a good public school in your district then that will be the best for your child .don't go for this private school.every year they are increasing fee and student enrollment is going doing because of their poor performance and poor choice of administration.

Posted May 15, 2014
This school pales in comparison to the public schools in my district. Both my husband and I attended Carolina Day and started our children there in kindergarden as well expecting them to go all the way through high school. My daughter did fine though didnt seem very challenged, but my son had reading difficulties that were never caught by his teachers. With the smaller class sizes I would have hoped a teacher would have poiinted this out to me. I suspected and later learned that one of his teachers was basically deaf in one ear and the other either didn't care or was checked out. I pulled both my kids from Carolina Day and sent them to the public school near our home after hearing rave reviews from our neighbors. Both of my children have excelled there and have told me they are challenged so much more than at Carolina Day. I don't pretend that all public schools are excellent - most have a lot of work to do. But I am so happy with the public schools (elementary and high school especially) in my area and am grateful that my son's earlier reading issue led me to give them a chance!

Posted March 31, 2014
This school is amazing and the primary focus is well centered on the children and how to teach according to their learning styles keeping the environment challenging and safe. Greatest school in the area.

Carolina Day School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
My son has been at Key School for 2 years now, and it has been just what he needed. An excellent fit. He went from being a boy terrified, and discouraged with respect to reading, to a boy who always has a book in his hands! He loves it there, and the other students and the teachers "get" how he is wired. I highly recommend it. I wish it were a lower cost to be more in reach for all, but the school does community outreach, & has a pool of great tutors at their "tutoring connection". We are not elitist or wealthy; the school has been very supportive of our son's learning and nurturing his gifts. We appreciate their positive view of students with learning differences!

Posted February 13, 2014
I am bewildered by the wide range of reviews. It's either the best or the worst. No school is perfect for every child. It is always difficult to be part of a new school especially after many of the students have been together since p-k. I have had 2 children and now my 4 grandchildren attend this school. I sat on the board and havebeen part of parents group. One thing that never changes is the caring and talented teachers. Both my children did well in college and felt well prepared. One grandchild just completed 2 years at Key school and has entered the Middle school where he is excited about going to school everyday. They recognized that he might be having difficulty in Kindergarden. A plan was put in place and carefully monitored. Are the facilities bright and shiny with every gadget that has come along, no. What they do have are well trained teachers who get the most out of each child. They realize every child doesn't learn the same way and work with their talents. I think if you are interested, set up an appointment and judge for yourself. It may be the perfect place for your child.

Posted January 08, 2014
i had my son in this school .he never liked it since the first day .very rude and ignorant environment .curriculum is not according to the grade standard .this school can not compete a good public school .public schools runs on the organized system while this school has nothing like that .i do not recommend this school to anyone.worst ever school i have ever seen

Posted October 19, 2013
I am both a parent of a child at the Key School and a public educator. The Key School has been a truly remarkable experience for my daughter. She was very successful in public school (A's & 4's on EOG's), but I could tell she wasn't enjoying school. The Key School focuses on a child's strengths, while providing a comprehensive multi-sensory program for her dyslexia. We tried the public school route with tutoring, but she was exhausted from the hours of tutoring after school. Now, she has a differentiated program during school and has the energy to EXCEL in sports and other activities after school. We aren't "rich" and I have to work to put her through school. Every day, I am thankful that we have the Key School in Asheville.

Posted October 09, 2013
I have had a wonderful experience at Carolina Day. The school has consistently provided intellectually and academically advanced child the enrichment and acceleration that she has needed over the years. The school is flexible and looks at the needs of the whole child to provided appropriate accommodations for exceptional and twice exceptional children. I highly recommend it for a rich educational experience.

Posted September 24, 2013
Spent 2 years at this school (after receiving a partial scholarship for our gifted 2nd grader). Though the curriculum is taught at a higher level than public school, there was no plan in place for gifted students - no AIG program. Our child was consistently sent to the office for "behavioral" problems where we were lectured to by the lower school principal in a condescending tone and eventual threatened expulsion with the undertone that we needed to medicate. It was not until the 2nd semester that we learned that the teacher was having issues and took a leave of absence. Still CDS never took responsibility for the poor experience. If you have an average to slightly above average student and a hugely above average bank account, I suppose this school may work out for you. Go to the staff directory first and see if you can find a person of color, if diversity in education means anything to you.

Posted September 22, 2013
Carolina Day School is a little gem of a school. CDS serves 650 students from pre-K through 12. It has the best student-teacher ratios around; many classrooms have teacher assistants. Students get plenty of one-on-one attention, and receive extra help in subjects that challenge them. If a topic sparks special interest, teachers encourage that student and support him in pursuing it further. The quality of education is unparalleled. The challenging curriculum gives upper school students an edge when applying for college. The Key School (a separate part of CDS) offers specialized assistance to students with learning differences. Carolina Day imparts the virtues of honesty, integrity, compassion, and working hard to achieve one's goals to its students. CDS reaches out into to the community, stressing volunteerism to help prepare its charges to be future leaders. Carolina Day feels like family. It is a close-knit, welcoming community. Parents and alumni are very involved and enjoy participating in the classroom. My daughter has blossomed at Carolina Day - personally, socially and academically. I would highly recommend it to any family looking for high-quality, personalized education.

Carolina Day School
1345 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC  28803
Last modified Carolina Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Carolina Day School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.