Ira B Jones Elementary 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Jones has been great for our family. We have so far enjoyed 14 student-years at jones between our three sons and have NEVER had a bad year. The atmosphere is wonderful - positive and friendly! While the other elementary schools may boast higher average end-of-grade scores, I wholeheartedly believe that my kids have received the best instructors and instruction avalable. I'd recommend Jones to anyone.

Ira B Jones Elementary 4

Posted August 23, 2011
My daughters went to Jones and loved it. They are now at Asheville High School and they are both taking all honors classes. My junior is taking 4 AP courses and they both say that they had a wonderful experience at Jones.

Ira B Jones Elementary 3

Posted May 17, 2011
Why are the test scores so low? Im moving to Asheville and my kids are being placed in Jones because there isn't enough space in the 1st ,2nd or 3rd choices.

Posted February 19, 2010

Posted September 30, 2009
Our school has a diverse population, and everyone works together to form a wonderful learning community.

Ira B Jones Elementary 0

Posted September 22, 2009
Jones has a wonderful administration and is a very organized school So far we've had the best kindergarten experience I could have imagined. My child has had no problems making new friends and the children in his class are delightful. His teacher Ms. Smith keeps the daily activities fun and he adores her. We looked at all the schools in Asheville, both public and private and I have no doubt in that we made the right choice.

Posted November 25, 2008
My son just started at Jones this year as a kindergartener. His teacher is wonderful and the parents are very involved. This is the best choice I could have possibly made for my son's education.

Posted April 23, 2008
Our school has a very energetic staff. Our class numbers range from 16-18 students per class. K and 1st have full-time assistants in the classrooms along with the classroom teacher. We have 3 computer labs and each classroom is currently being outfitted with SMARTBoard technology. We also feature 2 outdoor classrooms and a fabulous playground at Jones Park.

Posted April 05, 2006
- a former student
This school was outstanding for me. I'm a former student and even though I was attending the school for 3 years, it prepared me for the later schools well. The teachers are great, campus is great, clean food, clean restrooms, and overall amazing. I recommend this school for anyone in the Asheville area.

Posted May 09, 2004
This is a fantastic school. I have two children, a third grader and a first grader here. This is the second year at Jones for both of them. Core Knowledge curriculum is the best--teachers and staff do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of every student. Lots of enthusiasm from parents and volunteers.

Ira B Jones Elementary
544 Kimberly Avenue, Asheville, NC  28804
Last modified Ira B Jones Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ira B Jones Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top