Asheville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,377

Posted May 27, 2012
This is a amazing school with above average in every class. I am very impressed by this school.

Posted July 06, 2011
My daughter just graduated from Reynolds high school and loved attending there! She was well prepared for college, and had opportunities to get involved in student government, theater, and athletics. She had challenging course work and most of the staff are helpful, supportive and really care about the students. The music department has been somewhat of a disappointment, but every other area has been stellar. Parent and community involvement are very high and athletic events are very well attended and a lot of fun... Friday night football was our personal favorite! I highly recommend Reynolds high school unless your student desires an excellent music program.

A C Reynolds High 1

Posted June 18, 2011
It is against the rules for any student to advise any teacher in any information they already did not know as I quote from Ms. McKnight "It makes our school look bad" Fights daily in the hallways, little to no remaining school spirit. This place has fallen a long long way since the days of Mr. Baldwin being principal.

Posted December 06, 2009
Our family moved up here from South FL in 1996. I am so imressed in the high school which I have 3 children graduated. They live in this area to be in Reynolds district for their children.

Posted October 08, 2009
I'm delighted to say my son loves school. We came from Long Island NY and he worked at that school to get by with B+ average. Here he is more active and wants to attend school. He joined student Government, if he doesn't know something and/or doesn't understand it he gets help. He joined the cross country team and volunteers for feeding the poor and so on and so on. I attribute this to the staff and of course the teachers. He now has a 99 grade pt. average and an all out better kid even though he is 16 now. His Dad

Posted October 03, 2009
ACR has intelligent, compassionate and socially aware students, supportive parents and a dedicated staff.

A C Reynolds High 4

Posted January 09, 2009
This is one of the best high schools in the area. There are really great teachers and teachers I wish I did not have, but I am sure it is like that any place. There are a lot of extra curicular activities. If there isn't something there for you, just start it! The principals and teachers are supportive of that. Most teachers are really there to help you succeed. Reynolds has one of the best Fine Arts programs in the county. They helped me prepare for college and exceed my personal limits and try harder.

A C Reynolds High 4

Posted December 03, 2007
It's not what I would call a friendly place, although I think that the teachers and administration seem to be trying to improve. I would describe it as a businesslike environment (not a bad thing), but I would like to see it be more friendly and less reserved. The work ethic is very strong with heavy loads of classwork and homework, so I think students should be well prepared for college. The focus on developing analytical thinking is probably the most outstanding academic feature. Parent involvement is probably about average. This school is very obsessed with football. However, we have success in other sports with conference and state championships and some very outstanding athletes with college athletic scholarships and even one baseball pitcher going to the pros right out of high school. The physical environment is about average with the school needing some sprucing up, but generally it is clean.

Posted May 10, 2007
Our son is a graduating senior and has had a great experience academically, as well as in music, theatre and other extracurricular opportunities.

Posted November 30, 2004
My name is Brittany Booth, and I went to A.C. Reynolds High School and I absolutely loved it! A.C. Reynolds has a great academical system, has dedicated teachers, and also a fair, and effective disciplinary system. My teachers included Coach Anders in World History, Mrs. Jackson for integrated math, Mrs. Melton for Computer Applications and Mrs. Brown for Earth Science. I thought that my teachers were exquisite teachers with wonderful teaching strategies. Even though I only attended Reynolds High for a few months, I greatly miss it there and I just wanted to tell you how great I thought a.c. renolds high school was, and I guarantee you I am not the only one who thinks that either.

1 Rocket Drive, Asheville, NC  28803
Last modified A C Reynolds High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A C Reynolds High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top