Clyde A Erwin Middle School 2

Posted January 27, 2014
I have two kids that attend this school. My son struggles with grades & when I had a meeting with his teachers, one of them said that sometimes "you just have to throw up your hands and let them fail". maybe that's why half of his class is failing. If children see that the adults in charge don't care, they won't care either. Also, if a kid doesn't understand something, there doesn't seem to be any real program in place to help them out. There is YMCA after school care tutoring, but there are parents out there, like myself, that cannot afford that. I also asked the guidance councilor if she ever spoke to children who were failing directly & she brushed off my question with a joke and a "who has time for that" attitude. Disappointing.

Posted March 10, 2011
My grandson, loves this school. I pick him up after school sometimes ,and he is always happy.He likes all he's teachers, and the principal.

Clyde A Erwin Middle School 4

Posted January 04, 2010

Posted December 16, 2009
i love this school vote 4 a 5 star school because we r awesome! i have a kid that goes here and she loves it go erwin!!!!

Posted November 03, 2009
Hi, i go to erwin and i love it! it is a great school with awesome staff and faculty

Clyde A Erwin Middle School 0

Posted May 22, 2009
We just moved back into the area and very late in the school year. I have to go by my childs input and so far he is adapting well.The Bus system needs alot of work or parents need to be informed when there is an upset in the schedualing of pick-ups,but all in all it seems to be on top of the curiculum and my main interest is the teaching methods and the subjects that are offered.

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted December 01, 2008
This is a very well run school. The principal is very interactive with the classes. Also, the teachers are very helpful.

Clyde A Erwin Middle School 0

Posted June 30, 2008
I have a 7th grader at this school and have a 10th grader that went to school there and have always been very pleased with this school. I am especially pleased with our new principle this year and the orderly manner he has the children behaving. I don't know what class you subbed in but I have also seen parental involvment in classes and sports. I am also the cheerleading coachat the school and have always received alot of support and involvment from parents as well as the administration. I would recommnd our school to anyone who would have a child in middle school.

Posted February 27, 2008

Clyde A Erwin Middle School
155 South Raleigh Street, Asheville, NC  28806
Last modified Clyde A Erwin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clyde A Erwin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.