West Buncombe Elementary 5

Posted April 08, 2010
West Buncombe is a wonderful school! Every person on staff cares for the children and strives to make the children the best they can be. Mrs. Murray is fabulous, and it's obvious she really loves the children and loves what she does. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else!

Posted January 12, 2010
The teacher's are awesome but, we don't care for the principal very much. She doesn't seem kid friendly to us. Apparently other parent's have different opinions about her but, the experiences that we have had are not that great. I think the only negative thing about this school is the principal because I think that there is a click here. If they know you, you are in, if not then... Our daughter really loves the school and her teachers. So, thank you to the wonderful teachers and great parents!

Posted August 17, 2009
I have two boys 7 year old and 5 year old. Both love there teacher and want to go to school every morning . Teachers really work with kids and always have faith in them:)

Posted July 22, 2009
I've always heard this school was one of the best. This may be true if your child is an honor roll student. My child has struggled academically since kindergarten (he is now 10 years old). When I brought his struggles to their attention, they dealt with it by ignoring the issue.

Posted June 30, 2008
This is a top notch chool with out a dout the principal is awesome

Posted March 26, 2008
my child has learning disabilitys. the teachers wark hard and he is begining to read!!!

Posted October 14, 2005

West Buncombe Elementary 5

Posted June 24, 2005
This is a top notch elementary school. Not only am I a parent of a child here, but I teach at the highschool level, and I know good schools. Ms. Murray, the principal, is wonderful. She cares about the children and makes safety a top priority. The academics are top, perhaps even a little too difficult for some. There is a lot of parental involvement and extracuricular activies are available.

West Buncombe Elementary
175 Erwin Hills Road, Asheville, NC  28806
Last modified West Buncombe Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Buncombe Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top