Asheville, NC

Posted April 03, 2014
We loved Woodfin Elementary! My son excelled in Kindergarten and 1st grade. The teachers were very open to parental involvement and we loved the diversity Woodfin offered. The best part was the size...all the teachers will know your kids and family. It's a wonderful atmosphere!

Posted March 07, 2014
We have been at Woodfin Elementary for three years and our family absolutely loves it. It is unlike any other school experience we've had before. The teachers genuinely care about the children and are passionate about the success of the kids. One of my children has been able to get a lot of the extra support that he needs. The new principle, Mr. Upton, is very present and involved with the children and families. The small classroom sizes are an optimal learning environment. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. I can say enough good things.

Woodfin Elementary 4

Posted May 23, 2012
Great small school! The teacher-student ratio is that of a private school. Reconsider a move to the Woodfin area just for K-4! Avery's Park, a wonderful playground, is conveniently located behind the school. Up and coming area!

Posted May 22, 2012
Woodfin Elementary School is a wonderful small school. The children are challenged to further themselves. My son has excelled in the individualized learning environment. The child/teacher ratio is excellent both for above average learners as well as below average learners. All children are encouraged to do their best and to help each other. There is a great sense of community here. Woodfin Elementary is a great benefit both for the community and for the school system as a whole.

Posted May 22, 2012
Woodfin Elementary is a gem of the Buncombe County School System. The teachers are attentive, caring and always welcoming of a parent volunteer. This school has the private school ratio with a public school price. All the staff is excellent to work with. I especially like that the teachers encourage community in the classrooms. A very safe school with Police next door and fire close as well. My son has excelled in the loving environment. In my research for schools, Woodfin was the best.

Posted May 04, 2012
My children and I love this school. The teachers are great and very personable.They are able to teach on all levels and willing to try different approaches to meet different needs. The communication is excellent. I am always welcomed to volunteer. I have 4 children that have gone through Woodfin and are excelling academically!

Posted May 04, 2012
Woodfin Elementary School is a great example of the "little school that could." I have had the pleasure of sending all of my children to Woodfin, and I can say without hesitation that the experience has been excellent. The teachers excel at building the foundation children need in order to succeed in their education. Because of the relatively small class sizes, children receive more individual "one-on-one" time with educators. The school is safe, with the Woodfin PD right next door, and the Woodfin FD right down the street. Teachers are vigilant and attentive to their surroundings, which is important to me. I've never had any problems communicating with or receiving communication from my children's teachers. Parent volunteers are always welcome and the PTO is very active. I consider my children fortunate to have had such a wonderful little elementary school to attend.

Woodfin Elementary 1

Posted August 19, 2009
I find this school to be an example of where the American School system is going. As we delve further into a global economy our children face the possibility of not being prepared to compete, due to the inability of schools such as this, to challenge our children and properly identify and resolve student deficiencies through individualized learning assessments and student focused teaching initiatives. As we know all children learn differently and it should be the schools goal to guide our children into affective ways to cope in the class room by identifying how they learn. My experience with this school has been one of great resistance from an instructor who refused to address parental concerns. If our schools continue to get it wrong as I believe Woodfin Elementary and many Buncombe county schools have, it will be our children and our way of life that will suffer.

Posted January 24, 2008
Wonderful school and great teachers and a very nice princaple.

Posted September 29, 2003
I have been very pleased with the overall quality of education that my 3 children have recieved at Woodfin.

Woodfin Elementary
108 Elk Mountain Road, Asheville, NC  28804
Last modified Woodfin Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodfin Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top