Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I'm not even sure any incidents which has been a lot have even been looked into.

Develops character: Disagree

Never follows thorough on bullying. I've had many incidents I've reported and none have had any follow thorough. Getting in touch with the appropriate teacher to handle the matter can even be a struggle.

Since my child has attended this school we have had more then a few incidents from rude teachers to my child being lost for a couple of hours. We often get notes asking for help with events but no explanation as to what the event actually is and bullying tends to be a continuing issue. Kindergarten year was our worst year luckily aside from losing my child and a couple of rude teachers this year has been slightly better then last. Many issues we've had have been communication issues which could easily be fixed but thus far have not. In my honest opinion I used to love this school we had little issue when I attended but feel the schools Organization skills and abilities to communicate with in its self have gone down hill.

I miss Sand Hill so much! My child went here for K & 1st, & now goes to Vance which is rated higher than Sand Hill. Well, I guess you really just cant tell from these ratings because I haven't found anything great about Vance, & miss Sand Hill so much :( At Sand Hill I was always up to date on what was happening in the classroom, the school, & the community. Not as many disruptive children, & my child excelled & loved going to school. I am giving Vance a little more time, but we may request a transfer back to Sand Hill.

MY CHILD HAS ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL SINCE KINDERGARTEN. WE HAD A CONCERN HER KINDERGARTEN YEAR THAT WE DEALT WITH. HAD A SUPERB TEACHER IN 1ST THEN IN 2ND THE TEACHER WASN'T THE BEST. 3RD & 4TH WERE GOOD BOTH YEARS WE HAD A SWITCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR DUE TO MATERNITY LEAVE. A NEW PRINCIPAL TOOK OVER IN 2012-2013 SHE IS A LITTLE LACKING IN COMMUNICATION WITH THE PARENTS. A NEW ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL STARTED 2013-2014 HE APPEARS RUDE AND SLEF IMPORTANT FROM THE COUPLE OF RUN INS I HAVE HAD WITH HIM. IF I HAD A CHOICE MY CHILD WOULD NOT BE ENROLLED AT THE SCHOOL STAFF HAS BECOME COMPLACENT AND UNCARING ABOUT THE EDUCATION THEY PROVIDE. I HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO BE INVOLVED IN MY CHILDS EDUCATION BUT THIS SCHOOL MAKES THAT DIFFICULT.

This is our first year in Asheville and my daughters first year in this school. We love it. We love the teachers and the principle. They are very involved with the parents and I deffinitely recommend this school.

Excellent school with new priciple. Test scores improved acrfoss the board with all grades meetings state standards.

This is an excellent school. The staff are inviting and very enthusiastic.

Last modified Sand Hill-Venable Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.