Posted June 17, 2013
TNCA is a wonderful place. Students are challenged and expectations are high. Students are also able to move at their own pace. My second grader was bored to tears in public school, but at TNCA this past year, she was able to move ahead and completed curriculum for a grade above. There is a lot of free outdoor time which even my middle schooler loved. I cannot say enough good things about TNCA. This is a special place. The lower grades and teachers are fantastic. I strongly recommend for parents to check it out as an alternative to public middle school.

The New Classical Academy 2

Posted February 22, 2012
Strong academic standards, but very poor current leadership. Allows intimidating/bullying behavior to occur with little to no follow up. Current principle is very closed to suggestions for improvement or growth and tends to blame parents when issues are brought forward.

Posted January 25, 2011
We really could not be more pleased with what The New Classical Academy offers. It has exceeded our expectations on so many different levels.

Posted January 25, 2011
The New Classical Academy has exceeded any and all expectations I had. My child is absolutely thriving in this kind, intelligent, and nurturing environment. Very excited for the school to start its Pre-Kindergarten program so that my younger child can benefit, as well.

Posted July 07, 2010
I love this school! My children really thrive here and the personal attention they get from the teachers is unparralled.

The New Classical Academy 4

Posted July 02, 2010
Flexible and creative learning environment with lots of outdoor time for running around and imaginative play. Promotes self-direction, exploration, and original thinking. Committed and passionate teachers. Some policy/procedure kinks still need to be worked out, but I believe this will happen in time. In any case, no place is perfect, and my kids absolutely love school.

The New Classical Academy 4

Posted July 02, 2010
Excellent teachers and very progressive pedagogy. Facilities need improvement and the leadership to make changes in that area.

Posted July 02, 2010
A great school for self-motivated kids who are excited about learning and having fun. My daughter has been at the school for 4 years now, and is still excited every day about going to school, about learning new things, and being part of the NCA community. She refuses to go anywhere else, loves her teachers and has made wonderful friends of all ages.

Posted July 01, 2010
The New Classical Academy has created an environment for my children to be happy, self actualized and academically challenged. I know my children are and will be well prepared for high school and beyond.

Posted July 01, 2010
Happy children learning to love learning! What more could a parent want? Simply the best feeling I have ever had about a school anywhere...

Contact Information

671 Sand Hill Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806

School website
(828) 225-1993

The New Classical Academy
671 Sand Hill Rd., Asheville, NC  28806
(828) 225-1993
Last modified The New Classical Academy is a private school that serves grades PK-8
The New Classical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.