Posted April 14, 2014
Exceptional. The Principal is top notch. He really cares! He gives his time to everyone who asks. You cannot find a better Principal, Mr Barbour is wonderful. Nice campus, excellent teachers. Safe, happy place

Posted January 04, 2014
My children have received an amazing, well-rounded education at Estes. Their classes are differentiated, challenging and engaging. Solid leadership and amazing array of extra curricular activities.

Posted November 06, 2011
I love how dedicated teachers and staff are. there was no single day my children didn't want to go to school and it's already November ;) I also really like how handicapped children are integrated.

William W Estes Elementary 3

Posted March 20, 2009
I would agree most teachers are good, but there are a few who believe in punitive punishment for elementary school kids. It is shameful that a few rotten ones can put a blemish on an otherwise great school, with a great principal and vice principal.

Posted March 01, 2009
My daughter started Estes in November when we relocated to Asheville. As most parents, we reviewed test scores and all of the statistics. Estes performs well on standardized testing, but I am most impressed with the nurturing school environment. Everybody is so caring and positive! Instead of 'yelling' at students to look in the lost in found, the administrators and teachers put on a 'fashion show' for the students using clothes from the lost and found. (Everybody was laughing.) That is just one example of how this school uses positive reinforcements on a daily basis to get the best from their staff and students!

William W Estes Elementary 4

Posted November 27, 2007

Posted March 20, 2006
My daughter loves Estes! Her teachers are wonderful and I feel she is getting a good education.

William W Estes Elementary 2

Posted September 18, 2003
Class size needs to be smaller. There are 24 students in my childs class with one teacher and one aide. I believe that all children would be better served with a 12 to 2 ratio.

William W Estes Elementary
275 Overlook Road, Asheville, NC  28803
Last modified William W Estes Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William W Estes Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top