Posted December 06, 2013
As a parent with 2 children in this school, I have to say that the staff is fantastic! Special Education is wonderful and my children LOVE school. That in itself says it ALL. The children are rewarded for their positive behavior which limits the bad behavior. Positive reinforcement has been proven here. GREAT SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Posted June 04, 2013
Absolutely wonderful in all respects. This is the most nurturing staff I have ever worked with.

Posted March 18, 2010
We love Mangum! I'm disappointed that our rating dropped from a 9 to an 8...not sure why? Other than that, the teachers are great and very responsive. Our daughter has excelled very much even after being diagnosed with ADHD. She is not medicated, and continues to excel.

Posted November 13, 2009
Love it! My daughter is doing great. The teachers are excellent.

Posted August 23, 2009
Mangum has been great for our daughter. She has excelled in all her studies and appears to have another successful year in 3rd grade coming up. All of the teachers and the principal have the best in mind for your children. I recommend this school whenever I talk to other parents in the Durham School District.

Mangum Elementary 3

Posted June 15, 2009
I think this school perfect for average children. The staff is friendly, the school is too. I wish there were more funding available for enrichment programs geared towards non-average children. My child is gifted. I found it hard to motivate the teachers to add to the daily lesson plan to keep my child moving fowards. In that setting my child became bored, restless, and unhappy with school. I was told reguarly it was due to lack of funding and overcrowding. I now homeschool.

Posted June 14, 2009
My son has attended Mangum since our return to Durham. After choosing to opt out of lesser performing schools, our experience has been the best. My hat goes off to Mrs. Gwen Johnson and the staff at Mangum. Thank for all you support and dedication to the well being of our children.

Posted February 18, 2009
Mangum there is no words to describe how GREAT this schhol is, this includes Principals, Teachers, Students. We are all truely a family there and we as adults have used the Mangum Way in our everyday lives it's GREAT. I can't speak highly enough about this school. I'm really sad though I wish Mangum went all the way to 12th grade because one of my sons is in the 5th grade and I'm terrified as to where to put him. Thank You Mangum Staff for ALL you do!

Posted August 03, 2008
Mangum is the best school ever. The staff, students, and the parents all give 100%. This is why they are so successful. If there is a need (emotional, academical, or physical) the 'mangum family' will be there.

Posted May 28, 2008
5 STARS! Excellent teaching, office and custodial staff. Test scores reflect the students performance.

Mangum Elementary
9008 Quail Roost Road, Bahama, NC  27503
Last modified Mangum Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mangum Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top