Posted July 31, 2012
this school doesn't even deserve a star. not even one. this school is suppose to be bully free. ha thats not true. there is bullying every minute of every hour in that school and absolutely nothing is done about it. i should know. i use to go there now i don't bc when you ask for help the teachers don't help you at all. my own guidance councilor told me to my face i'm not made for school and that there is no way i would get to 12th grade or graduate at all.

Currituck County High 2

Posted December 09, 2011
I have hesitated for several months to write a review, hoping that things would improve, but unfortunately that is not the case. From the day of Open House, things have not been flowing smoothly. I do not understand how a course can continue without a Teacher who is certified in the subject at hand. I do understand that sometimes these things are out of their control, however, they did not have a Teacher lined up from the beginning and had no business going forward with this class. What kind of message do you think the students are getting out of this? They are learning that the Teacher's role is unimportant, or even intrusive. I agree with the poster who complained about the extensive wait, and minimal to no time to eat lunch. It's a parent's prerogative whether they bring home lunch or pay at school. If you choose to buy school lunch, the least thing they can do, is provide a reasonable amount of time to eat it. I have two students at CCHS, and they are very different from one another, but both agree that this is a problem. Let's face it, some of these kids are on the bus 1-1.5 hrs. each way, that makes for a very long day. These are just a couple of many concerns.

Posted March 08, 2011
This school needs a lot of improvement ! There is a lack of student parent communication. Like I always say once your child enters through those doors, everything is top secret. Now there are a few teachers there that are really great but that is about 10% My child was struggling with a class and I didn't know until a week before graduation. If my child didn't pass the final exam it was no diploma for her. We tried to get her help in the class but no one was interested....

Currituck County High 4

Posted July 09, 2010
Wow,your 1st concern is lunch,then the order in which the children are released.Feed them a good breakfast at home, pack their lunch and send it w/ them,this will eliminate the time wasted in the lunch line.As a parent,I feel that our schools 1st obligation is to educate our children.When the time comes and your child is seeking out colleges,I guarantee you,the time spent in the cafeteria will not be on the application.

Posted February 25, 2010
I feel that this school is the worst!! well where to start well lunch is only 20 mins long! who can eat in 20 mins let's think a min. Stand in line, get food, find a seat, then eat. Well my question is did they even get to taste there food or eat??Even the military has longer to eat in war!! and it is run like a elem. School at the end of the day they release the bus children 1st then the car riders(what happen to everyone gets out at the same time god forbid you leave when bus riders to you will get wrote up for it)come on, to think currituck high wants our children to be grown ups. As for the staff one person tells you something and the other person does something diffenent.It is hard to think this is what out children go throught day 2 day!

Currituck County High 0

Posted February 04, 2010
Bend over backwards? Are you kidding me? This school has gone from okay, to the worst of all schools. This is the worst school, I've ever been too. I'd say about half the teachers, 'teaching' here, they're only concerned with one thing, their paycheck. While students are struggling, they choose to ignore them, and let them fail. I would know, I've been one of those students. The other half, is more then willing to help you succeed, & make something of your life, and if they can't help you, they'll refer you to another teacher that can. In that aspect, yes they do 'bend-over-backwards'. This school is disgusting, I have never felt more imprisoned then I do, when I walk through the doors here. Yes, I understand discipline, and structure, but I believe the staff is going a little overboard on the guidelines they've set up for this year.

Currituck County High 5

Posted December 16, 2009
How do they not care about the kids? I've seen them bend over backwards to help any student willing to have help as well as their families, not only in the school but also in their home lives. I strongly disagree with your statement. This is an excellent school that provides the highest level of education in a very safe and friendly environment. I would recommend if you're having an issue contacting the school.

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted September 01, 2009
They care about them and no the kids.

Currituck County High
4203 Caratoke Highway, Barco, NC  27917
Last modified Currituck County High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Currituck County High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.