North Pitt High School 1

Posted April 16, 2014
I was a student.If you want your child to live up to his/her full potential please find a better school. The school is way more focused on trying to push disciplinary action then education. The best are only the best because of lack of worthy competition.

North Pitt High School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
I love this school I am a current senior and I am going to miss everything :(

North Pitt High School 5

Posted November 07, 2013
This school is amazing just how I want a high school to be I love it!!!!!!

Posted December 11, 2012
I am a former student at NP. I am currently enrolled in college and i am just amazed at what people think about NP. Just from what i hear NP is known as a "thug" school and it is far from it. Yes we may have disadvantages like not many AP classes but our teachers care! Most of them know there students and know what they have to do to help you succeed later on in life. Basically you make your own future and the teachers are willing to get you there by you have to APPLY yourself here and not expect people to hand feed it to you. Yes there are problems i believe with the school with dress code and ways they handle things but overall its a decent school. What needs to be addressed is the parents who do not keep up with there children with academics, and never discipline them. This is how i feel if someone talks about my former school because i really loved my time there.

Posted December 06, 2012
I am a current senior at North Pitt High school and I have some tips for any parents or students who are considering sending their child to NPHS. We are a small, rural, underprivileged school, and our demographics consist mostly of africa-americans, latinos, and a small percentage of whites with no asian students. Especially due to our student population, our school is oftentimes given a bad reputation, that it is very rarely due. I am an AP student and am first in my class, and I have found that attending NPHS has had its drawbacks and its advantages. Because it is a small school, your child, if driven, is more likely to succeed in the small classroom setting, as opposed to a larger school like J.H. Rose. Your child, if they are ambitious, is more likely to be awarded leadership opportunities, etc. However, attending a small, often overlooked school means fewer AP classes, less funding, and a huge amount of apathy. I would say 3 out of every 5 teachers at North Pitt are gifted educators who are knowledgeable about their material, and the other two are just warm bodies that claim a degree in some field of study that they know very little about. North Pitt is not a dangerous school

North Pitt High School 2

Posted May 11, 2012
Before I begin, let me say there are some great students and the teachers really care. That being said, some of the students at this school are completely out of control. I have taught at other schools and never seen the level of disrespect and reckless abandon as I have at this school. Reprimands, ISS, and suspensions do not matter. Many times the students who are there to learn are deprived due to the fact that so much time is spent trying to control the ones who are only there because the law says they have to be. Pitt County needs an alternative school, right now there is no real punishment for out of control behavior. They suspend them, and they come right back to do it again.NP is under the eye of Raleigh as a failing school. The problem is the school is spending so much time focusing on the minutiae of dress codes and new technology that the real problems go unaddressed. Stop worrying about a student who has an AE emblem on their polo shirt and start fixing the behavioral problems. Until the major troublemakers are removed to a setting where their behavior can be a focus along with education, then they will continue to bring the others down.

Posted April 09, 2010

North Pitt High School 5

Posted March 02, 2010
North Pitt Is Awesome!!! All of the teachers I've had our easy to get along with and I will miss greatly when I graduate in a year.

North Pitt High School 2

Posted December 02, 2009
North pitt is wack. i like some of the teachers but alot of them just dont care. and most students are the same way, unmotivated, lazy, or they have already dropped out. i just cannt wait to get out. i wouldnt mind it so bad here if people had more manners!!! But i wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

North Pitt High School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
North Pitt High School is a school that does not care about its students, nor staff. The school administration only thinks about how to keep students out of the classroom and suspended. Instead of trying to understand the reason children do things, and help children with their problems, they rather suspend the child and let the child miss days of school. Also, north pitt high school does not listen to what children have to say nor their feelings about things that goes on in the school. Im so glad I'm out of NPHS and away from the schools administration. Administrators that do not know how to run a public school, Marty Baker, and Maurice Harris!

North Pitt High School
5659 North Carolina 11, Bethel, NC  27812
Last modified North Pitt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Pitt High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.