Black Mountain, NC

Posted April 19, 2011
Our daughter has special needs and an IEP, and after being in another school district we were very disappointed in her learning progress. Upon transfer to Black Mtn. we were able to pair her with the perfect teacher and she has decreased her learning gap of 6-9 months and is really excelling. We cannot say enough about the overall team of teachers and staff. They are exceptional and go above and beyond for each student. We are so grateful!

Posted October 03, 2009
This school is the best. Wonderful staff and a principal that compares to no one else. He is top notch.

Posted September 17, 2009
Black Mountain primary has such a wonderful staff and Mr. Greene the principal is top notch, very loving and positive with the kids. He has been there 30+ yrs and he loves his job. The school has gardens that the kids get to work in and they make food in the cafeteria from the vegtables that they have grown in the garden. The garden club in town has taken an interest in our school and have spent many hours planting flowers and well as the volunteers that come out on school clean up days. Everyone does so much to make going to this school fun and so educational in many different ways. They have a strong P.T.O and I just can't say enough good things about it.

Posted May 27, 2009
This is an awesome school. The staff and administration are superior. I can't believe some staff may lose their jobs because of budget cuts, this will be a blow to our entire community affecting every family. This is a school that teaches from bell to bell and loves all children. Parent involvment is great. You don't find schools like this anymore. The community is also outstanding.

Posted May 02, 2008
My child began BMP after relocating there after Hurricane Katrina. The day we walked in they showered him with school supplies, a back pack, and anything he may need for the year. Mr. Green and the faculty made him feel at home, and he just really thrived that year. This is a wonderful school that genuinely cares about the success of it's students. My son looks back at his time at BMP as being some of the best years of his life. We are very grateful!

Posted January 11, 2008
When we first moved to Black Mountain, we enrolled our daughter in BMP. She attended Kindergarten and First grade. She was accepted to a local Christian school for Second grade, and quite frankly, we are starting to regret leaving Black Mountain Primary. Mr. Green is the best principal you could hope for. He is compassionate, caring, and greatly involved with all the students. The teachers at BMP go above and beyond their job descriptions. The children are treated with respect and kindness, challenged academically, and made to feel safe in their environment. Having our good experiences with BMP has really set the bar for our expectations. Maybe that's why we haven't fully enjoyed the current school and will even consider going back to Black Mountain Primary next year!

Posted March 27, 2007
- a administrator

Posted February 24, 2006
This is an excellent school with outstanding staff. I have observed Principle Green each morning, greeting the children and calling them by name. I have seen on multiple occassions the professionals and support staff at this school go beyond their occupational responsibilities to provide a nuturing and compassionate environment for my son. The teachers and support staff have always made me, as a parent, feel welcomed and supported in my efforts to facilitate my son's social and educational endeavors at the school. I know my son feels loved and encouraged by the smiles and friendly interactions of the staff at Black Mountain Primary. It is a wonderful feeling to send your child to a school where you know he is safe and cared for emotionally as well as academically.

Black Mountain Primary 4

Posted February 22, 2004
A very nurturing school for very young children, with a most excellent kindergarten, supportive school counseling, and generally innovative teachers.

Black Mountain Primary
301 East State Street, Black Mountain, NC  28711
Last modified Black Mountain Primary is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Mountain Primary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top