Posted October 31, 2013
GVS has been a great experience for our children and us, as parents. I have been impressed with the devotion the teachers have to the students, as well as the leadership in the school.

Green Valley Elementary 1

Posted October 28, 2012
This school was not at all good for my child!There were a few great teachers but the principal was awful!Im so thankful I got my child into an awesome school!!!!

Posted November 09, 2010
Poor Leadership! The teachers are amazing and care a great deal about their students but the Principal is a bully and targets children and parents without hesitation. Very untrustworthy. I guess anti- bullying doesnt apply to the "leader"!

Posted November 23, 2009
Incredible school! Great communication. Dedicated teachers, principal, and staff. Field trips which enhance academics. The best Academically gifted program I have encountered. I am thankful my children have such a wonderful educational experience.

Green Valley Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love everything about our school. Great teachers and a great principal.They always go that extra mile.

Posted February 11, 2009

Green Valley Elementary 4

Posted July 02, 2008

Posted March 31, 2008
We have been very happy with Green Valley from top to bottom, but wish there was a bit more diversity within the student and teacher population. For a rural, public school, Green Valley is exceptional!

Posted November 27, 2007
My son has been in trouble much of the time at Green Valley this year. However, I have witnessed Mr. Griffen continue, time and time again, to reach my son. He has been more patient then any principle should have been. Granted there are a couple of teachers there, that the school would benefit more from firing then from keeping. I have to say that Mr. Griffen truly cares about my sons future and well-being. He is doing a wonderful job with our kids.

Posted May 03, 2005

Contact Information

189 Big Hill Road
Boone, NC 28607

School website

Green Valley Elementary
189 Big Hill Road, Boone, NC  28607
Last modified Green Valley Elementary is a public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Valley Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.