Brevard, NC

Posted April 04, 2014
The school is such a great place for the kids. Everyone from the administrators, cafeteria workers, aides, teachers, and assistants all care about the kids and have their best interest at heart. They also teach in fun and exciting ways and it isn't all about the tests. I have 3 children here and they all are so amazingly different from each other , but they all love it here! They embrace differences and want each child to be who they are and they teach every child the way they need. I have one child especially who is outgoing. Before we moved here he didn't like school and his creativity seemed to be contained because the school he had attended wanted all the kids to be the same. Here he is thriving, loves school, and is excelling in ways we can't believe. They take the time here to find and use his strengths to help him grow and learn.

Posted November 01, 2010
The teachers are extremely involved and very well organized. My first grader loves to go to school every day. He is really thriving.

Brevard Elementary 2

Posted February 25, 2010
My son attended school there and there were many disappointments. The personal in charge of the classrooms wasn't aware of problems in the class room with my child. He was misplaced a few times and they could not tell me where he was. Which is every parents nightmare. Im not sure who to talk to at the school as far as who is in charge of what.

Brevard Elementary 3

Posted November 05, 2009
This is a great school, very warm and inviting. My only complaint is that the curriculum is 'dumbed down' for the slowest students. My son attended kinder garden for several months before the teacher realized he could read. Even at the very end of the year he was being sent home with flash cards of words like 'A', 'the' & 'and.' In fact he could read entire books in both English and Spanish before his first day. No attempts were make to adjust the curriculum.

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted September 08, 2004
I recently transferred my 2 children to BES. This is such a wonderfuly place for children to learn! The feeling of community is apparent from the moment you enter their bright and sunny hallways. Each person you meet wears a smile. The children are taught manners, kindness, compassion, and many other beneficial character traits. The children are also expected to model these traits as they go through the school day. The adults and their peers praise them when they do model these traits. I really appreciate BES helping my husband and I to educate my children in this area of their lives...it is so important! I think that BES has the best Elementary Principal, Becky Carter. Can you believe she knows ALL the children's names?...and their parents names? She is always finding ways to help student, teachers, and parents. Praise to all the STAFF at BES, you make learning a wonderful experience!

Brevard Elementary
601 Greenville Highway, Brevard, NC  28712
(828) 884-2001
Last modified Brevard Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brevard Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top