Posted May 23, 2014
This is an amazing school. The focus is on academics. The kids are very nice and some of the best teachers in the district can be found here. The principal is very good too. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for academic rigor and a small school.

Posted April 22, 2014
This is a very good school and I think it is very supportive of the students

Posted February 11, 2014
Brown Summit Middle School is a wonderful school. It is very small -- about 80 students in each grade, but we like that. The teachers are very caring and responsive. So it the principal. I do not understand some of the negative comments regarding a supposed lack of diversity or supposed lack of rigor. Indeed, Brown Summit has both diversity and rigor. The school is challenging without making life miserable, which is a good balance. I never worry about my child's safety and the students are focused on academics, rather than fashion and gossip. The school does not seem to have the cliques you typically see in middle school. The students are kind to one another. (The comments regarding the Mo Green's son are out of line. His son is very polite and comes from a very nice family.) There are extracurricular activities, such as Mock Trial Team, Math Club, Lego Robotics, Chess Club etc. There used to be a basketball club. There are not sports, but your child can play sports for the school in your attendance zone while attending Brown Summit. We love Brown Summit and would highly recommend it.

Posted November 08, 2013
My daughter loves Brown Summit Middle school. The teachers, staff and principal are wonderful. They truly care about our children. My daughter has been challenged academically like she has never been challenged before. Not only does the Brown Summit team teach academics but they teach and show our children about social responsibility through their To the Top (TTT) program. The bottom line: this school is the BEST middle school. Please do not take my word for it, just look at the Top 10 Middle schools in NC. Thank you BSMS for teaching and caring for our children.

Posted April 16, 2013
I don't have words to describe how amazing this school is. The teachers are very good and pay attention to all the students. (Don't let the gray hair fool you!) The other reviews are just students who are jealous of the attention Mo Green's son is getting. My child informs me he recently recieved ISS so I am sure that I don't know what you are talking about.

Posted February 10, 2013
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. The advanced curriculum is challenging for those students that "breezed" through elementary school. The staff and administration are caring, concerned, and dedicated individuals that work with students and parents on any issues. My 6th grader absolutely loves this school and we are looking forward to having our other daughter join the Brown Summit family next year. If you are looking for small class sizes, a wonderful and caring staff, and a rewarding and challenging academic program this is the right school for your child.

Brown Summit Middle School 4

Posted December 24, 2012
I am a student in the 2012 - 2013 school year, and so far, it's been good. I am in 6th Grade, and love this school. It is a school that will push your child to new heights. Teachers watch students but aren't too strict, which some Parents complain about. To that I say this: do you want your kid to be sent to the office just for accidentally blurting out? I rest my case. The school is almost flawless, with the only flaw being when there is enrichment days. The schedule gets confusing, and the day overall feels like 2 days. The principle DOES care for the students, and so do all the teachers. If your looking for a school to make your child even better, this is the right school for you. If your looking for something stricter or bigger (the school is pretty small), this isn't right for you. Overall, a very good school.

Posted November 28, 2012
I am student at Brown Summit and love it! Even though most of the reviews are harsh they are just haters that probably don't know anything about the school. This school deserves the blue ribbon award. Also the teachers are very kind and fun, they always have new ways for us to do our work. The principal doesn't have "pets" or favorites and isn't rude she is very kind and just to day helped my mom. The other staff is also very kind and will help if you need any.

Brown Summit Middle School 1

Posted October 03, 2012
This has to be the worst magnet school in the system. The teachers are unorganized and the principle is a poor choice for this school. She is rude to students and parents when they ask simple questions, unless you are one of her pets, and Mo Green's child is one of them. The other children she could care less about.

Brown Summit Middle School 1

Posted July 17, 2012
If you have a bright creative child, you'll want to look for another school. This school's main focus is on the End of Year Grade tests. They judge all students but this one test. They do not consider ability testing, portfolio, prior year report cards, other testing ect. This school would make a child believe they are nothing but a number! This is not where you want your child. There are many other excellent schools in the county. My child was bored silly during classes that focused on preparing him for an end of the year test. The Lincoln VS program, for example, can understand and challenge a gifted child. This school is for teacher pleasing over achievers. Blue Ribbon schools don't really mean all that much, since the school had to apply for this award and many other excellent schools just don't feel the need to be patted on the back by the government.

Brown Summit Middle School
4720 North Carolina 150, Brown Summit, NC  27214
Last modified Brown Summit Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Summit Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top