South Harnett Elementary 2

Posted September 04, 2012
South Harnett Elem. needs to update their school website . How can parents get any information with whats happening at the school? Sometimes little ones aren't the greatest source of info and sometimes not so reliable in bringing home newsletters. My son has no problem remembering to bring home homework assignments but newsletters? forget it half the time lol. I think its great that on a teachers classroom website there is an option to see what the curriculum is and updates but its out of date or there is no information.

Posted June 27, 2012
This school has come a long way. We have three children that have went to this school and the last two years have been wonderful. I can see that the curriculm and focus on getting the children on grade level and raising the standard has been a major focus. The teachers are good and seem to care about the childrens education. The office staff is very nice and friendly.

Posted April 23, 2009
My child entered third grade at South Harnett Elementary school. According to the beginning of the year scoring my child was way below grade level. But by the end of the year my child scored proficient. I m happy with the improvement in my child and the way things are run at South Harnett Elementary School. I feel the teachers truly care for their students and want them to succeed.

South Harnett Elementary 1

Posted December 29, 2008

South Harnett Elementary 2

Posted December 15, 2008
This school has a lot to be desired. The classroom sizes are too large. The teachers scream and yell at the students. All students(in a class) get punished as a whole for the wrong doings of one or two children. They do not have a certain teacher for in room suspension, all of the IRS children get put into a class that is already in session, which is an extreme disruption. Total lack of communication between teachers and parents, it's like pulling teeth. They ask parents to stay involved, yet, when you try to stay involved in your childs' education you are treated as if you are bothering the faculty. Very unhappy with this public school. Will definitely homeschool or go private next year.

South Harnett Elementary 5

Posted December 05, 2008

South Harnett Elementary 0

Posted July 29, 2008
This school is excellent. I loved my son alexander's teacher. Mrs. Chisholm was a very good influence on my child. His reading has improved greatly

South Harnett Elementary 3

Posted January 28, 2008

Posted October 03, 2005
My daughter attended South Harnett for the 2002-2003 school year. I was very pleased with nearly every area of the school. My only complaint is that they use the 'Accelerted Reader' program, which many schools use, and it doesn't do the kids justice. In my opinion it teaches children to speed-read for quanitity rather than quality. Otherwise I found this to be a great school. Safety and quality were very high. I would be willing to move back to that area and have my children attend there again.

South Harnett Elementary
8335 Nc 210 South, Bunnlevel, NC  28323
Last modified South Harnett Elementary is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Harnett Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top