Bad
Good

This year 2014-2015 is my daughters first year at WPM, I am very disappointed in the administration. Mr. Whitaker, the principal, is very receptive UNTIL you have a different opinion than his. At that point he crosses his arms and says " I guesess we will have to agree to disagree " and all discussion with him stops, he will no longer listen to you. He acts as if he ultimately knows what is best for your child. It is a shame that the school board (under Dr. Cobb) dose nothing to help resolve issues regarding the administration. To date I have called the school bard and tried to talk to someone three times, requesting to speak to someone other than Beth, Dr Cobb's secretary. I still have not heard from anyone! And have been told by Beth that Mr Whitaker has the last say. It is as if the principal of this school out ranks the county superintendent of schools.

West Pender Middle School is a small school with a large family feel to it. I have the ability to truly get to know my students, their families and the community they live in. The administration at WPMS is more supportive than any other "boss" I have ever worked for. This is not a job to me, this is what I love to do. Mr. Whitaker makes it possible for me to walk in every day and make magic happen. He loves the school, staff and students so much that he will battle for us at the drop of a hat. In the past year the changes that have taken place at WPMS are extremely positive and the proof is seen in the students every day. Our students know that they can count on their teachers, principals and other staff members for anything that they may need. I am proud to be a West Pender Warrior!

West Pender Middle School is an up and coming school that has a committed staff that is caring, challenging, and holding students accountable as well as themselves. Students have all core classes daily for the first times, as well as three electives and Physical Education daily. PBIS truly being implemented last year has been a major player in the transformation along with a young quality staff that chose to teach at the school and be change agents. Students are provided with many additional extra-curricular offerings and have opportunities to be leaders in the school and community. The PTO is now active and providing a growing partnership that holds the school and county accountable for WPMS success.

I have family at this school & until the 2013-2014 school year, this was a productive little school. The leadership until this past school year was wonderful. They created a warm, welcome, and nurturing environment. The new administration which took over in August of 2013 is the most disdainful, negative, combative, and confrontational unprofessional mess I have ever seen. The principal attacks students, staff, & parents and is hostile unless you agree with him. He is vindictive and disrespectful. Several of the really great teachers who helped keep this school moving ahead have left (some left the comments in 2012). The atmosphere now is nothing less than TOXIC! I would never send my child to this school under this leadership. The School Board & Superintendent are aware of everything and will do nothing to help this school. It is criminal to see how one person has torn apart a once nice little school. I'm disgusted! It is a shame the State can't investigate this...

As a teacher at West Pender Middle, I am proud of my school. The administration creates a welcoming and safe environment for teachers and students. The teachers are encourage to grow and develop instruction that is cutting-edge. At West Pender Middle, students are being prepared for the future.

I am a teacher at West Pender Middle, and I can tell you honestly that it is a wonderful place to be. The students are amazing individuals who make teaching exciting and rewarding each day. The administration is the most forward thinking and student-centered that I have ever worked with and my fellow teachers are motivated, highly qualified, and care deeply about our children's futures. We are preparing the next generation of leaders with the 21st century skills and knowledge they need to be globally competitive. Come visit! I would love to show you what we do!

I absolutely adore this school! The staff go above and beyond the call of duty to create a positive, nurturing, and safe learning environment for students at West Pender Middle. The vast technological tools ranging from a nearly 1 to 1 computer to student ratio to iPad classroom sets to gaming technology is something to boast about. Beyond having access to 21st century tools, the staff has proven time and time again a willingness to utilize these tools in the classroom to promote student motivation and achievement. It's a great place to be!

My child has attened West Pender Middle School for the past two years. The staff at West Pender has taken great effort to ensure my child is receiving the education she needs to be successful. We love the small school atmosphere!

Last modified West Pender Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.