Posted August 03, 2014
I have family at this school & until the 2013-2014 school year, this was a productive little school. The leadership until this past school year was wonderful. They created a warm, welcome, and nurturing environment. The new administration which took over in August of 2013 is the most disdainful, negative, combative, and confrontational unprofessional mess I have ever seen. The principal attacks students, staff, & parents and is hostile unless you agree with him. He is vindictive and disrespectful. Several of the really great teachers who helped keep this school moving ahead have left (some left the comments in 2012). The atmosphere now is nothing less than TOXIC! I would never send my child to this school under this leadership. The School Board & Superintendent are aware of everything and will do nothing to help this school. It is criminal to see how one person has torn apart a once nice little school. I'm disgusted! It is a shame the State can't investigate this...

West Pender Middle School 5

Posted September 14, 2012
As a teacher at West Pender Middle, I am proud of my school. The administration creates a welcoming and safe environment for teachers and students. The teachers are encourage to grow and develop instruction that is cutting-edge. At West Pender Middle, students are being prepared for the future.

West Pender Middle School 5

Posted September 13, 2012
I am a teacher at West Pender Middle, and I can tell you honestly that it is a wonderful place to be. The students are amazing individuals who make teaching exciting and rewarding each day. The administration is the most forward thinking and student-centered that I have ever worked with and my fellow teachers are motivated, highly qualified, and care deeply about our children's futures. We are preparing the next generation of leaders with the 21st century skills and knowledge they need to be globally competitive. Come visit! I would love to show you what we do!

West Pender Middle School 0

Posted January 30, 2010
My child has attened West Pender Middle School for the past two years. The staff at West Pender has taken great effort to ensure my child is receiving the education she needs to be successful. We love the small school atmosphere!

West Pender Middle School 3

Posted February 19, 2005
I think the schools on the west side of the county should get the same classes as the east side {money side} of the county. its hard to kids to take the honours courses in high school if there not able to be ready in middle school,they also need more books so that every student can bring one home to study and learn, its hard for us as parents to help out kids when they dont have a book. i also think the county school board should have a better control over there unsafe bus drivers no matter how many complain or try to do something they still keep driving the bus. our kids are our lives and most of us will do anything to help them out, if we have the chance. i hope the school gets better as the yrs go on.

Posted November 13, 2004

Posted July 14, 2004
I removed my child from this school. The school is in chaos. The faculty seems to not have a clue what to do, some of them are less mature than the students.

West Pender Middle School 4

Posted March 21, 2004

West Pender Middle School 4

Posted January 26, 2004

West Pender Middle School
10750 North Carolina 53, Burgaw, NC  28425
Last modified West Pender Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Pender Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.