K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our children have excelled at BCA not just academically but in personal confidence. All of BCA employees love these children. We highly recommend BCA

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Some of the teachers are good others are not. We have had some wonderful experiences and then some terrible experiences there. Not all teachers have a teaching degree. The Middle School teachers seem to be the worst overall. Not every one of them but many of them. One of the teachers is on her cell phone all day instead of teaching the students. The current High School Spanish teacher does not have any credentials that I am aware of. She is loved by most students because she calls them names like princess and queen and brings Starbucks to class. She posts pictures of the children on her personal instagram account without permission from the parents. She also gives out answers to tests. Of course the children love her! Does that mean she is delivering a high quality education? Absolutely not!! Administration is aware that she has given out answers to tests but chooses to ignore it.

I have worked at BCA for 23 years, but have been associated with it for 25 years. My oldest daughter started in the K4 class in 1990, and attended BCA until 2000 when she graduated from the 8th grade. That was the highest grade BCA had at that time. My youngest daughter was able to attend BCA's high school and will graduate in June 2016. Both girls received an excellent education that prepared them for college and also for life. More importantly, they belonged to a "family" at BCA of teachers and other staff that loved them and encouraged them every step of the way from preschool to graduation. I wouldn't take anything for the time my daughters, and I, have had being a part of BCA's family.

I sent all of my children to BCA. Each child has their own experience. Each child made live long friends. I still have teachers and staff memebers call and talk to my children. I love that BCA is a family.

BCA is such a caring community! The parents and teachers work well together. There is a bond that carries for years, even after the students have graduated. The positive influence shows from administration to teachers to other staff members.

I am the parent of three children and have been at Burlington Christian Academy for 14 years. My children had excellent SAT and Advanced Placement scores and were admitted into the best universities in the state. I am convinced as a Christian and former public school educator that there is no better place in the community for my children. There is no perfect school but the teachers and staff at Burlington Christian Academy are teaching and leading with superb academic knowledge and with the love of Christ in their hearts.

I have three children. Two of my children began attending BCA in Kindergarten and one began in preschool. My children have thrived at BCA due to the loving environment and the strong academic program. They love their teachers and they love their friends. The school has an excellent AP, Advanced Placement, program in high school. My eldest son graduated from BCA and was awarded a premier scholarship to the college of his choice. I give all the credit to the outstanding instruction he received.

We have been at BCA for 11 years and while elementary school was just as we expected it would be, middle and high school is not. The same experiences in public school are here too. Since its a small school compared to public setting you only see a fraction of the cussing, bullying and in general-kids acting like kids. The problems lie in the administration not handling the problems in a fair and just manner. One child calls someone a "white cracker" and the child responds with "you're black" and guess who gets expelled, the one with the lowest financial contribution. The biblical view and related studies are only those of the instructor. Middle school bible instructor teaches that children do not go to heaven, because they have not accepted Jesus as their savior. The bible clearly states that all the children come to him. Very disturbing views. We are leaving as the funds do not justify the education.

ive been going to bca for 8 years, i think it is a great place for younger developing minds, but as you get into high school the teacher quality decreases also they do notwhat so ever prepare you for anything with the real world. they are very misleading in the way the teach of christ. tthe teachers are also very bias looking at the elite group, not to mention extreme racism(one of my friends are leaving because of that). they are not forgiving off infractions, while trying to make it look like they are godly and forgiving and they constantly are narcastistic,(about how no child from any other school is worthy) judgemental, harsh, and ungodly. you dont even get to keep ur books after you pay 300 dollars to use 10yr old books

Our family has been a part of BCA since 2006 and our three children are thriving both academically and socially. The teachers and staff are truly wonderful and I could not imagine a better environment. I am thrilled with the people my children are becoming, and I attribute a large part of this to the Christian faculty at BCA. We look forward to many more years here, we can't imagine going anywhere else.

Last modified Burlington Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12