Posted June 03, 2014
We have been at BCA for 11 years and while elementary school was just as we expected it would be, middle and high school is not. The same experiences in public school are here too. Since its a small school compared to public setting you only see a fraction of the cussing, bullying and in general-kids acting like kids. The problems lie in the administration not handling the problems in a fair and just manner. One child calls someone a "white cracker" and the child responds with "you're black" and guess who gets expelled, the one with the lowest financial contribution. The biblical view and related studies are only those of the instructor. Middle school bible instructor teaches that children do not go to heaven, because they have not accepted Jesus as their savior. The bible clearly states that all the children come to him. Very disturbing views. We are leaving as the funds do not justify the education.

Posted May 14, 2014
ive been going to bca for 8 years, i think it is a great place for younger developing minds, but as you get into high school the teacher quality decreases also they do notwhat so ever prepare you for anything with the real world. they are very misleading in the way the teach of christ. tthe teachers are also very bias looking at the elite group, not to mention extreme racism(one of my friends are leaving because of that). they are not forgiving off infractions, while trying to make it look like they are godly and forgiving and they constantly are narcastistic,(about how no child from any other school is worthy) judgemental, harsh, and ungodly. you dont even get to keep ur books after you pay 300 dollars to use 10yr old books

Posted February 13, 2014
Our family has been a part of BCA since 2006 and our three children are thriving both academically and socially. The teachers and staff are truly wonderful and I could not imagine a better environment. I am thrilled with the people my children are becoming, and I attribute a large part of this to the Christian faculty at BCA. We look forward to many more years here, we can't imagine going anywhere else.

Posted January 26, 2014
My children have attended BCA since 2009. All went through the preschool program and are now in Elementary. I have nothing but positive comments to say about this school. The teachers in the preschool are very loving and nurturing. Having never attended a daycare, it was a completely new experience. After attending K4, I was very confident that my children were ready academically as well as socially for Kindergarten. It was amazing that my 4 year old was reading to me. Going through the Elementary program has been just as rewarding. BCA puts a lot of emphasis on reading. And it really works great!! If a child can read well the other subjects are much easier to follow and understand. The teachers are so committed to helping each child learn and grow, offering extra help after school for those that need it. We feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful program.

Burlington Christian Academy 2

Posted October 24, 2013
We have been BCA parents since 2008 and we have seen significant changes and in the wrong direction. K3 & K4 - 1998 there were 6 or 7 classrooms for K3 and K4. in 2013 there are only 3 and I don't think they are full. It makes one wonder why. Like any other school, some of the teachers are GREAT and some are not, unfortunately you pay the same tuition for the subpar ones as you do for the great ones. K-5 - Most of the teachers are good. Biggest difference is kids come from homes where parents care, so the bottom of the class is more advanced than public school. 6-8 - here is where the "weeding out" really begins. Kids who need extra help don't get it and are forced to go elsewhere are are replaced by better performing students so their ever precious standardized test score average can be maintained High - If you are a men's basketball player then you're set. Otherwise nobody cares. You're sheltered from the reality and you leave unprepared for life's challenges especially in a large University setting. Should you decide to enroll here, get your checkbook ready. They are CONSTANTLY asking for more $$$. BCA - Burlington Christian Academy or Blank Checks Accepted... you decide
2 people found this helpful

Burlington Christian Academy 0

Posted March 21, 2010
I am a teacher at BCA. The teachers are NC state certified and also ACSI Christian School certified. Many have come from the public school. Because of the environment, we actually get to teach our students, without spending a fair part of the day on discipline interruptions. The classroom atmosphere is very positive and nurturing, and the students appear to be very content. BCA is worth every cent the parents are spending. The teachers/ admin have only the best intentions for the students, both spiritually and academically. The population is not as diverse as found in the public education, but we do have a variety of socio-economic levels. It is definitely not a 'rich kids' school. No school is perfect, but BCA definitely goes above and beyond to meet the needs of their students. I would not send my child anywhere else and I really know what goes on.

Posted October 07, 2009
This is our first year here at BCA and we couldn't be more pleased. The administration, teachers, and staff have all been very kind and helpful. We are very impressed with the academic program and the spiritual emphasis. We would highly recommend BCA to families that desire a high quality education from a Biblical worldview.

Posted June 22, 2009
My daughter had a horrible experience at this school, and so did I. Now that my daughter is thriving in public school, I realize that the family's resources can be better spent elsewhere.

Burlington Christian Academy 0

Posted June 06, 2009
The 2008-2009 school year just ended and what a terrific year we had! I've read the other posts and like all schools (public or private) there is not a perfect place. My experience with admin and teachers has been very positive. I think the teachers are wonderful, but if anything, wish they were more strict! There are parents who think their children can do nothing wrong- and that probably happens everywhere! The atmosphere is warm, nurturing, and inviting. The students come from diverse backgrounds- some are quite wealthy, while others are not. It''s not a school filled with the elite.I love BCA and would not send my children anywhere else!!

Posted May 28, 2009
We rate BCA a 5 according to our personal experience this School has been outstanding for our Son who at an early age was diagnosed with a minor learning disability. He has been enrolled at BCA for 3 years and each year he has made great academic and moral progress. We have experience with very tenured and 1st year Teachers and all three have been awesome. Our child has developed life long respect, appreciation and love for each of them. We believe when he is grown that he would still hug each of them for all the help, encouragement and dicipline they have gave him. We hope BCA will continue providing a great education experience for our Son.

Burlington Christian Academy
621 East 6th Street, Burlington, NC  27215
Last modified Burlington Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Burlington Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top