PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Wonderful school with a safe environment! I currently have two children at BSS and I could not be happier. They have a small teacher to student ratio, so my kids receive individualized instruction almost daily. The teachers go out of their way to make learning exciting. My children are happy, safe and the academics are challenging. They have a full elementary and middle school science lab and use a rigorous science curriculum called Lab Learner that has my little ones in lab coats doing full science experiments at a young age. All middle school students receive a 9th grade level Algebra 1 course in 8th grade and are also doing HS level science labs weekly. Their new school wide STREAM initiative (STEM with Religion and Arts) is truly exciting. My little ones are also able to participate in sports, such as track, pep squad and basketball and soccer. Parents have weekly communication with the school in their Knights Chronicle and the administration has an open door policy. I have absolutely no reservations in sending my children to BSS! Values that I teach my children at home, such as respect, manners and kindness towards others, are reinforced everyday at BSS. GO KNIGHTS!

Awful Middle School program! My son was NOT prepared for high school! We decided to switch our younger child so he would be better prepared when he got to high school, so glad we did!! Stay far away! Wish I could rate it 0 stars!

I wish that the art class would do more art work! The pictures that we receive are all paper and crayons. We would love to see some clay, paint, construction paper, stickers.....Anything that could help our child experiment with different art supplies. The preschool students do not do preschool artwork. It would be nice for them to emphasize more arts and crafts rather than coloring. The Kindergarten students do more artwork in their classrooms than seen in the art room.

This school is an exciting place to be right now. I have two children currently attending who have flourished in the small classroom environments. My older child is having amazing scores on the IOWA test each year which confirms the school has successfully met the educational needs. In addition, the school is currently implementing a new curriculum called STREAM. This curriculum is challenging the old way of teaching and really encouraging teachers and students to change the way they think and teach. Kids are having more hands on opportunities. I believe this curriculum is going to assist my child in the future as it is teaching the students to think like an engineers, to problem solve and to find new information. I have found that the teachers and staff and BSS really care about the students as an individual and try to challenge them to do their best not just academically but also as a caring, respectful and responsible citizen.

As the mother of two students who attended BSS (pre through 8th), I couldn t be more delighted with this school. Despite its wide socio-economic makeup, BSS students consistently rank in the top 90% on national standardized tests. Students at BSS are frequently given opportunities to excel, to take on leadership roles. Not only do they learn to lead, they also learn to serve. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be an active part of the school community. A child s needs are not just met, but they are loved and cared for by a nurturing staff and faculty. Children are given the opportunity to bloom! On multiple occasions I have observed a teacher take note of a child s individual talents and seek out opportunities to help them shine. Kids love BSS too. They skip into the building with smiles on their faces. My kids described their teachers with words like nice , good natured , devoted , optimistic and professional . I am delighted with the new leadership. The new principal has brought renewed energy and enthusiasm to the school. Although I do not believe that one school can be the perfect fit for all families, I know that BSS was the perfect school for my family.

My wife and I sent one child to this school, and pulled him out after preschool. We were dismayed at the extensive "jet-setting" that goes on at this school... Certain families--and their children--were given preferential treatment over others, depending on the social/economic status of those families and on the degree of involvement those families had with the church to which this school is affiliated. I hold a PhD in English Composition and American Literature. I found the quality of teaching in this school to be average at best. The school culture appeared to lean towards regimentation and away from independent, creative thought. Trust me - this is a poor preparation for the increasingly competitive world our children will enter. I strongly advise any families that are: a) lower-middle class or lower in socio-economic status; or b) not Catholic in religious orientation to steer clear of this school. Otherwise, they risk setting themselves and their children up for a potentially frustrating and demeaning experience.

I sent 2 kids through Blessed Sacrament School and believe the value of the school is immeasurable . Teachers who care, small classes. Peer to peer respect that no other school can rival. I certainly would make this choice again. I highly recommend this school !!

We have been a part of the BSS family for 16 years and both of our children received excellent educations. Our oldest son excelled in high school and is currently studying at a top university. Our youngest son starts high school in the fall and is very well prepared. As parents, sending our children to BSS is one of the best decisions we have made.

I went here up until middle school then i switched to Saint Pius X in Greensboro and within a quarter my math grade went from a C to an A. BSS is not a good school . Im a junior at Bishop and if i never switched schools i would be behind. BSS holds your hand they dont teach you anything.

Our children have been at this school for over 6 years. This has been a loving supportive environment for them. They have blossomed into confident students who love to learn. This school is a community and is much more than just one person. I am super excited and confident of the new leadership for next year. I have never had a problem getting the information I needed for my children to be successful. I love that the teachers all know my children and can cater the instruction to their needs. Looking forward to what the future holds!!

Last modified Blessed Sacrament School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8