Bad
Good

Posted September 18, 2014
Our experience in this school had been great until this year. This year has been a disaster from the start. We have a new principal and several teachers are new to the school. Our teacher does not appear to be organized or very concerned with whether or not the student's needs are being met. She refused to give my child additional assignments to work on when he told her that she was moving too slow for him and he was getting bored. Her response was that the "class has to stay together and work at the same pace." We have voiced our concerns to the administration of the school as well as central office staff only to repeatedly be told that because our child appears to be engaged and isn't a discipline problem they don't believe that he needs anything more challenging. I for one am glad to know that a small group of people that have known my child for a few weeks is so much more capable of determining what he needs than his parents and previous teachers are.

Posted September 12, 2013
This school has a lot of very rude staff members. I have stood in the office waiting for some to even acknowledge my presence everytime I've visited. I had hoped it was just the office staff that was uncaring but I've come to see that my child's teacher is also very difficult. I hate to see this attitude, especially from an elementary school. The parents are very involved but the county should work with administration on the morale.

Posted November 02, 2012
horrible experience for me, and for my child. wouldn't wish this place on anybody. bullies in the staffing. just awful.

Posted April 20, 2011
My son absolutely LOVES going to school @ Highland. He has been there since the 1st grade & all of his teachers have been wonderful!! He is currently in the AIG program & it has been a great opportunity for him. I highly recommend this school!

Posted May 14, 2009
Our daughter loves Highland Elementary School. The teachers are very patient with the kids and teach at a higher level than where we moved from. As a parent, I highly recommend this elementary school.

Posted February 17, 2009
We were re-districted to Highland Elementary when it opened in 2007 and are very pleased with the school and staff!

Posted August 29, 2008
Highland Elementary is a brand new school that opened in 2007. The whole school is wonderful as well as all of the teachers~ You can not go wrong with your child attending Highland.

Posted July 19, 2008
We moved to Highland in the middle of the year and it was awesome. For the first year our kids actually cried when school was out. Ms. Fowler is the best K teacher!!!

Highland Elementary
3720 Bonnar Bridge Parkway, Burlington, NC  27215
Last modified Highland Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.