Posted June 04, 2009
I have two children currently attending BSES. They are challenged on a daily basis which is preparing them for middle and high school and most of the time, they have fun doing it. The teachers have dealt with my children lovingly and fairly. I have seen great gains this year in my children's test scores and look forward to one more year at this wonderful school. People need to understand that teachers are human, too. Yes, there may be times when I disagree with how a certain situation was handled concerning my child, but I still stand behind the teacher and will join forces as long as it is for the betterment of my child. We all make mistakes and have bad days. It seems that parents seem to overlook the fact the teachers are not perfect. We, as parents, have to have a little patience and understanding as well.

Butner-Stem Elementary 1

Posted April 21, 2009

Posted July 12, 2008

Posted February 19, 2005
I have one child in Butner-Stem Elementary and one child who has gone through it. BSES prepared my child for middle school. The Staff helps the children to become independent thinkers and to be responsible for themselves. My children keep up with their agendas and always know what is expected of them. I think sometimes parents try to do too much for their children,that the children learn to blame the parents while at school and then blame the teachers while at home.

Posted May 25, 2004
BSES offers a loving caring environment. The members of the PTO work hard to help out with financial matters that the state/county may not be able to afford. Teachers are caring individuals. I have had 2 children to attend this school. They also offer extra help if needed in tutoring, child care before and after school, as well as breakfast. The grounds are kept cleaner than I have seen in many other schools. The students seem happy with their teachers and are achieving more each year.

Butner-Stem Elementary 4

Posted June 19, 2003
I believe BSES to be a good school. Some of the teachers are not as patient with students as they should be, but the ones who are do an excellent job. I can agree that some teachers discuss other students information with other parents which I believe should be a matter between parent/teacher/student. But overall I think BSES is a good place for my child to be and that the majority of the teachers are doing a great job with my children.

Butner-Stem Elementary 3

Posted May 25, 2003
This school is too strict and the teachers talk bad about the students to other parents and act like they've never been to college.

Contact Information

201 East D Street
Butner, NC 27509

School website

Butner-Stem Elementary
201 East D Street, Butner, NC  27509
Last modified Butner-Stem Elementary is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Butner-Stem Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.