Posted June 11, 2014
Worst school I have ever seen. Teachers don't seem to care about the students, nor do they seem to be able to control their classrooms. Students are merely taught so they can pass the EOGs, luckily my kids excelled at them (because I explain more to them than their teachers) but don't hold hope for the other students to pass, given prior years scores (where less than half the students met minimum requirements- yet were still shuffled to the next grade) The principal is rude and talks down to the kids. She is very patronizing with them. The kids don't seem to respect or like her. At our previous school the children would flock to the principal. He was fair, kind and always available. Here, I've seen kids trying to hide from the principal- just when she's walking down the hall. The PTA is a joke. They tell you they want volunteers, but when you actually offer up useful information or try to help they more or less ignore you and do the same junk they always do. And then whine that their goals weren't met at the end of the year. Stay away from this school, heck this COUNTY if you have school age kids. Mine are going elsewhere after just one year in this awful place.

Posted May 09, 2014
I don't even know where to begin.... teachers who don't care and spend a great deal of time yelling, the principal is not visable and lacks leadership skills, they "discipline" methods are from the stoneages and down right cruel. This school is the bottom of the barrel and my children will not be back next year. My children used to love school until they transfered into johnsonville, now they cry everyday and tell me they " wish school was never invented" as a mom this breaks my heart! I'm so disappointed in the lack of education my children have received and how the school has managed to turn their positive experience into something negative!

Johnsonville Elementary 4

Posted October 08, 2013
i am going to this school this year as a parent volunteer, i know this is a good school ,my son has been in this school 4 years

Johnsonville Elementary 3

Posted August 22, 2013
My sons and I moved to NC a little over a year ago and the boys were ok. I'm not overly impressed but not disappointed much, except for some bullying incidents and the fact that my son with ADHD wasn't really given the 504 plan he needed in place to help him succeed, especially in dealing with his learning issues. The Principal is truly caring, and my youngest's son Special Ed teacher was just wonderful.

Johnsonville Elementary 2

Posted May 28, 2013
The school is not the best. The princeable spends time fixing only minnor probles and tell us to be good and barely takes action.

Johnsonville Elementary 2

Posted April 16, 2013
My child never ever has homework, and the communication is not good. Keeping up with assignments is difficult when there is not a system in place. I would recommend passing on this school if you can.

Posted March 25, 2013
The bullying starts on the school bus, then it goes into the school. The bullying gets worse and worse because no one does anything about it! Our grandson was attacked by a bully with a pair of scissors from the same kid that dragged him across the playground, on his stomach, by his feet. Where was the supervision? Recourse: a note was sent home to the kids parents, or was it? The teacher doesn't report half of the occurrances. The teacher said that sending a note home is all she can do and her hands are tied. To which I say, WHAT? Why wasn t this bully removed from the school immediately? The very next day, our grandson was held down and got a hair cut from this bully. Thank God it wasn't worse. Thank God we are getting out of this school. I would highly recommend that all parents keep a close watch if your kids are enrolled in this school, because nothing is being done to protect the students at Johnsonville. This school is now under investigation by the NC School District. Training is only part of the solution - the teachers, principals and staff need to care. You can't teach that. Run as fast as you can to another school!

Johnsonville Elementary 5

Posted March 10, 2013
We have been very happy with Johnsonville Elementary School. I was quite nervous when I read the ratings from previous years, but we have had a great experience. My son is excelling in reading and his teachers are kind and caring. He wakes up excited to go and comes home happy... I don't know what more we could ask for.

Posted October 16, 2012
Extremely dissatisfied in the Jonsonville elementary principles actions in taken care of urgent issues with bulling kindergartine kids on the school buses. One time offensece and the ones doing the bulling should be kicked off the bus for the rest of the year, anyone else involved will get a suspension from the bus also. Stop the bulling!!!!

Johnsonville Elementary 5

Posted April 17, 2012
Because the my teacher is I am improving in math.Also I did not understand division now it is awesome and I am great at it.

Johnsonville Elementary
18495 North Carolina 27, Cameron, NC  28326
Last modified Johnsonville Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnsonville Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.