Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 02, 2015
They aren't patient with students who aren't up to the level of the other children.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 02, 2015
Seriously? A second grader doesn't need an overwhelming amount of homework every night. It's too much for a overworked parent to deal with.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted November 02, 2015
I feel like they give up on the students who aren't up to speed with the rest of the students.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted November 02, 2015
I'm not sure about the students, but some of the teachers and principal doesn't show any of that.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 02, 2015
Honesty? Maybe. Integrity? Maybe. Fairness? Not at all. I don't feel like they are being fair to my son.

Hominy Valley Elementary 1

Posted November 02, 2015
My son and I just moved here from SC and I am a single mother who works all the time with hardly any help. I had my first conference with his teacher and the principal. I was not pleased with how I was talked to about my son. I felt the principal and the teacher were putting me on trial for him not adjusting. The standards of learning here are higher than where we are from in SC and I don't feel like they care about that. I feel like the principal doesn't care and his teacher is quite rude. I also felt like I was judged for having to work so much. I am very unhappy with this school. His last school may have had lower standards of learning, but they were very understanding and helped with him as much as they could. I don't feel like this school cares.

Hominy Valley Elementary 2

Posted September 11, 2015
Teachers are amazing, facility is beautiful. Terrible leadership. The principal is not personable, not kid friendly, all business. Apparently she's been there forever -clearly time for a change.

Hominy Valley Elementary 4

Posted February 09, 2015
Great school! My daughter's third grade teacher, Mrs. Cegelis (Brundage) is simply fantastic. My child raves about her consistently. Thank you for the great work you do Mrs. Cegelis, you are appreciated! Not a big fan of the principal, seems to be solely test score motivated.

Hominy Valley Elementary 5

Posted September 03, 2014
Great shcool. Principle and Staff is wonderful and dedicated to the students. I have three that goes to the shcool, 5th 4th and kindergarten. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else.

Hominy Valley Elementary 2

Posted June 03, 2014
Although we love this school, the major problem is the principal. Like many other have posted, she cares about herself and her well being than the well being of the students or the teachers. I honestly can not believe she is still allowed to run this school because in our opinion, because she does not care and she is running this school into the ground. It's a shame to see how bad it has become.

450 Enka Lake Road, Candler, NC  28715
Last modified Hominy Valley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hominy Valley Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top