Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

SPORT tickets are issued for each positive action- teaching the kids to be team players and mindful of others.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Because when my daughter doesn't feel like doing the homework, or had a rough day, her teacher is understanding--and we complete the homework the next night.

Mrs. Gaston is amazing. My daughter loves going to school each and every day. She has new things to gush about every afternoon, and says the library is her favorite room in the entire school. My daughter is happy--I'm happy!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They aren't patient with students who aren't up to the level of the other children.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Seriously? A second grader doesn't need an overwhelming amount of homework every night. It's too much for a overworked parent to deal with.

Develops character: Neutral

Honesty? Maybe. Integrity? Maybe. Fairness? Not at all. I don't feel like they are being fair to my son.

My son and I just moved here from SC and I am a single mother who works all the time with hardly any help. I had my first conference with his teacher and the principal. I was not pleased with how I was talked to about my son. I felt the principal and the teacher were putting me on trial for him not adjusting. The standards of learning here are higher than where we are from in SC and I don't feel like they care about that. I feel like the principal doesn't care and his teacher is quite rude. I also felt like I was judged for having to work so much. I am very unhappy with this school. His last school may have had lower standards of learning, but they were very understanding and helped with him as much as they could. I don't feel like this school cares.

Teachers are amazing, facility is beautiful. Terrible leadership. The principal is not personable, not kid friendly, all business. Apparently she's been there forever -clearly time for a change.

Great school! My daughter's third grade teacher, Mrs. Cegelis (Brundage) is simply fantastic. My child raves about her consistently. Thank you for the great work you do Mrs. Cegelis, you are appreciated! Not a big fan of the principal, seems to be solely test score motivated.

Great shcool. Principle and Staff is wonderful and dedicated to the students. I have three that goes to the shcool, 5th 4th and kindergarten. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else.

Last modified Hominy Valley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.