Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They aren't patient with students who aren't up to the level of the other children.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Seriously? A second grader doesn't need an overwhelming amount of homework every night. It's too much for a overworked parent to deal with.

Develops character: Neutral

Honesty? Maybe. Integrity? Maybe. Fairness? Not at all. I don't feel like they are being fair to my son.

My son and I just moved here from SC and I am a single mother who works all the time with hardly any help. I had my first conference with his teacher and the principal. I was not pleased with how I was talked to about my son. I felt the principal and the teacher were putting me on trial for him not adjusting. The standards of learning here are higher than where we are from in SC and I don't feel like they care about that. I feel like the principal doesn't care and his teacher is quite rude. I also felt like I was judged for having to work so much. I am very unhappy with this school. His last school may have had lower standards of learning, but they were very understanding and helped with him as much as they could. I don't feel like this school cares.

Teachers are amazing, facility is beautiful. Terrible leadership. The principal is not personable, not kid friendly, all business. Apparently she's been there forever -clearly time for a change.

Great school! My daughter's third grade teacher, Mrs. Cegelis (Brundage) is simply fantastic. My child raves about her consistently. Thank you for the great work you do Mrs. Cegelis, you are appreciated! Not a big fan of the principal, seems to be solely test score motivated.

Great shcool. Principle and Staff is wonderful and dedicated to the students. I have three that goes to the shcool, 5th 4th and kindergarten. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else.

Although we love this school, the major problem is the principal. Like many other have posted, she cares about herself and her well being than the well being of the students or the teachers. I honestly can not believe she is still allowed to run this school because in our opinion, because she does not care and she is running this school into the ground. It's a shame to see how bad it has become.

HVE is a school that is committed to excellence. A wonderful environment for learning and top scores. The staff and administration are dedicated to the students, and are amazing.

I have been very happy with my child's educational experience at HVE. He has been blessed to have excellent teachers and assistants both years. His teachers not only address his educational needs, but foster a loving and nurturing atmosphere. He has grown academically and socially while attending. Also, the principal is responsive and involved and makes sure to know her students, teachers and parents. We are very fortunate for our child to attend HVE.

Last modified Hominy Valley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.