Posted September 03, 2014
Great shcool. Principle and Staff is wonderful and dedicated to the students. I have three that goes to the shcool, 5th 4th and kindergarten. I wouldn't want them to go anywhere else.

Hominy Valley Elementary 2

Posted June 03, 2014
Although we love this school, the major problem is the principal. Like many other have posted, she cares about herself and her well being than the well being of the students or the teachers. I honestly can not believe she is still allowed to run this school because in our opinion, because she does not care and she is running this school into the ground. It's a shame to see how bad it has become.

Hominy Valley Elementary 1

Posted March 21, 2014
Great teachers . . . but terrible leadership. All creativity is gone and all administration seems to care about is test scores. Never see them out of the office. Not very child friendly or welcoming.

Posted December 08, 2011
HVE is a school that is committed to excellence. A wonderful environment for learning and top scores. The staff and administration are dedicated to the students, and are amazing.

Posted December 08, 2011
I have been very happy with my child's educational experience at HVE. He has been blessed to have excellent teachers and assistants both years. His teachers not only address his educational needs, but foster a loving and nurturing atmosphere. He has grown academically and socially while attending. Also, the principal is responsive and involved and makes sure to know her students, teachers and parents. We are very fortunate for our child to attend HVE.

Hominy Valley Elementary 2

Posted August 21, 2011
We left this school because although many of the teachers were wonderful, the administration was unwelcoming and unresponsive to concerns.There was a rigid, punitive atmosphere, rather than a collaborative attitude and willingness to hear feedback. When asked why the gym teacher never (not once) took the children outside, the assistant principal said "because it's easier to control the children inside."

Posted June 29, 2010
This school is a blessing for us and our daughter! The Principal and Teachers are wonderful and my child has done so well her 2nd and 3rd grade years. I feel very welcomed and the office staff greets me with a smile every time I show up. This school is Top Rank! :)

Posted February 25, 2010

Hominy Valley Elementary 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and staff and parents are wonderful!

Hominy Valley Elementary 1

Posted June 05, 2009

Hominy Valley Elementary
450 Enka Lake Road, Candler, NC  28715
Last modified Hominy Valley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hominy Valley Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top