Posted May 25, 2014
I find this school to be a really good school. Like any school you have good teachers and you have bad teacher. My child was have issues with reading and worked with us. Now he is reading at above level and proves great motives for continue success. They expect parents to help their child academically. I have seen parents expect all their child s academic needs to be resolved during schools hours. There will be a rule awaking. The administration is every helpful to fine resources if you get a bad teacher. Our second year at the school we had a bad teacher and met with the principle to work on a plan to get what my child needed. You will not like this school if you are not an involved parent with your child education. They have parental expectations.

Posted March 23, 2014
I have three children who attend DDE. We love the school. The teachers are nurturing, caring and keep children engaged. While I do agree that the school is academically demanding, we have seen that encourage out children to do their best. They have each excelled in different areas: math, athletics, and the arts. They have all been praised individually and allowed to grow in their strengths. We cannot say enough good things about the administration and their daily involvement in lessons and character building as well.

Posted January 07, 2014
We moved to a specific house to be close to DDE. Don't love the house, but the school is worth it. The teachers and administration are involved and invested. I would't be there otherwise. In this day of mult choices for schools, I feel DDE is a gem. I'm lucky to be there. The teachers work really hard to engage the kids, which excites the kids about learning. I wish I had teachers like this when I went to school.

Davis Drive Elementary 2

Posted October 17, 2013
The "10" high rating on this school is deceiving. It is a very high pressure school, that is way, way over crowded. If you child is not perfectly behaved, and also advanced academically, then your child will eventually feel as if they are not as "normal" as the highest achievers. We spent 5 years in this school. We watched it get so over crowded, that eventually special groups had to get cut: 4th grade chorus and all of the jump rope teams. If you are lucky to get a great teacher, then that's good for you, but with 6 classes per grade level, you only have a 1 in 6, or a 2 in 6, shot at getting a good teacher, each year. Instead of spending hours doing homework, the kids should have been taught those topics during the school day, but how could they, if they spent most of their time waiting in line, walking, etc? During one of the years, I was having to re-teach all of the topics every week. Thank goodness my kids won't be going onto overcrowded DD Middle school, and onto "Green Dope" High school, where I hear the pressure gets even worse...and there are only 2 paths: either excel onto an Ivy League college, or end up on drugs due to the high pressure.

Davis Drive Elementary 1

Posted August 22, 2013
My kids went to this school for 2 years. If you have an average child or a special needs child, then this school is NOT for you. Too much focus is placed on high achievers and parents of average children are forced to seek tutoring. My son started at a 6 reading level, and ended at a 7, while the rest of the class finished at a 23. Too many issues between administration, teachers, and PTA. No unity.

Posted July 27, 2012
I have gone to this school ever since kindergarten to fifth grade, and this school has left behind lots of wonderful memories. The teachers are caring and thoughtful and quite funny. Plus, the environment is quite friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Davis Drive Elementary 3

Posted December 07, 2011
If you are already a winner, this school might help. I am feeling sorry to write this but for my son who is in his current 3rd grade (2011-2012). English is not his mother tongue . He is having difficulty in reading, comprehending the stories beyond couple of pages. We understand he is struggling at his class. The teacher, in stead of showing us ways to to cope up the difficulties, she sends in the complaints everyday and blame him for not following the class. The way I look at it is that the teachers are just 'covering' the subjects and do not care individuals if falling behind. The more they are stuck, the more they will be neglected without helping. We moved from California last year and are facing the issues only this year. This means, he was good in his 2nd grade and is having tough time this year for his 3rd grade. I have no other choice than pointing out his teacher. She may be good her own pace. But may not be a right choice for kids that need help and support. If the race is only for the top students, then I say it is not fair. Some may be in the second layer and need little push. In a way, this forces us to spill out extra money for tuitions, outside teachers. But why?

Davis Drive Elementary 0

Posted October 14, 2010
Davis is a school of excellence year after year. Its students always come first. The teachers are selfless and donate their time and talents to acheive exceptional students. The staff and teachers are truely helping students well on their for lifes challenges and be be great societys contributors.

Posted August 11, 2010
I have nothing but good things to say about DDE. The teachers are all, as far as I know, great, they seem to work as a team, the academic standard is high, the new principal is organized and well liked - any changes to the school he's helped put in place seem to be good ones. Our kids have enjoyed attending Davis Drive and the many activities organized by the PTA. They welcome parents visiting and being involved in children's learning. There is not a crazy obsession with EOG's but those that seem to need extra help/practice do get it. The teachers we have had have been fabulous with stressing reading and creative writing skills. Thanks!

Posted September 11, 2008
I've had two children go throught Davis Drive Elementary and they both graduated elementary well above the other students in our area.

Contact Information

2151 Davis Drive
Cary, NC 27519

School website

Davis Drive Elementary
2151 Davis Drive, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Davis Drive Elementary is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Drive Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.