School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Weatherstone Elementary is an amazing place to learn and work! Our staff is committed to individual student growth of all students. The STEM program is dedicated to exposing our students to careers and technologies starting in Kindergarten. As a member of the WCPSS STEM Collaborative network we have 30 iPads per grade level and a full-time STEM coordinator. In collaboration with our WES PTA and the WCPSS we have undertaken a massive campus revitalization including a new K-2 playspace, the purchase of SMARTBoards for K-5 classrooms, an upgraded wireless network, new carpet and tile in classrooms, remodels of all mobile units, and a new STEM Lab.
August 02, 2013

Bad
Good

Posted August 13, 2015
Love the school. Best teachers. My daughter goes in this school. I wish this school was till 9 great

Posted April 30, 2015
My son LOVES school, much to the credit of the teachers and administration. The teachers have great enthusiasm for their students!! This school is very diverse, which was a large draw for my wife and myself. My son is exposed to other cultures, languages, levels of ability, etc... I love WES.

Posted April 07, 2014
The PTA motto for this schools is "Every child, our child". I feel this from the whole school! We have attended Morrisville Elementary, Laurel Park Elementary, and now Weatherstone. I can say that Weatherstone outshines the other schools by leaps and bounds. The staff is incredible, the STEM program is fabulous, and day to day learning is well planned. The atmosphere is very nurturing inside, and I feel supported at home when I have academic issues or questions. I have experienced 3rd grade with the most outstanding teachers EVER. My son's 4th grade teacher is fabulous with communication as to what curriculum is being taught each week and how my son is doing with each objective. I also have one in K now, and his K experience is by far the greatest one compared to the experience my other 2 children had at other schools. There is no comparison! Our K teacher is very loving and is promoting such a love of learning! So much so, that I really wish our whole elementary experience had been at Weatherstone. My oldest child never got to go here, and she is jealous beyond belief because of how much fun learning is at Weatherstone. We are very happy here!

Posted September 10, 2013
My kindergartener is just beaming every day. While he's still getting to know the drill, he loves his new friends, his new teacher and his classroom. Moreso, the PTA has accepted and integrated my naive points-of-view as those of an equal voice and partner. I notice and appreciate that everyone - from the administration, staff, parents, PTA - they're all putting their energies toward creating the very best school experience and education for the children. Go Explorers!

Weatherstone Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
My kids love to go to school! - They have teachers that care about their well-being and make each day a new learning experience, they feel safe, challenged (with STEM programs), educated outside of the classroom (cultural arts programs, and other PTA-sponsored events), and this year - they will also love recess even more - due to a new K-2 playground, funded by the school, grants and the PTA. As a parent, I am thankful for an open line of communication with the faculty and administration alike. I feel well-informed thanks to the PTA e-newsletter - and appreciate all the effort put in by the P(arents), T(eachers), and A(dminstration) to make Weatherstone not just a school - but a community. Here's to another year of accomplishments...

Posted August 05, 2013
This is our 4th year at Weatherstone. I have a rising 3rd grader and a rising 1st grader. We love the kindergarten staff! They calmed our new parent fears. loved our children and prepared them to be great students by working on both social and academic skills. The first grade teacher pushed my daydreaming child to stay focused by teaching time management skills that we now use at home. The new principal and vice principal are willing to try new things (which is great since we are a STEM school), are patient enough to stop and listen to my questions/concerns (even though I know they have more important things to do) and have been really supportive of the staff (I walk that thin line between being a parent and a TA at the school). The first year of being a STEM school was a huge learning curve for the staff and families, but I'm excited to see what the new year brings for Weatherstone.

Posted August 05, 2013
Weatherstone Elementary is not just a school, it is a community. The wonderful relationships between the teachers, parents and children make it wonderful place to learn and grow. The STEM activities the PTA has organized gives our children access to amazing science and technology leaders in the community. Weatherstone Elementary is a very special place.

Posted August 02, 2013
This is our eighth year at Weatherstone - I have two who have graduated and two still at the school. The school just continues to get better - this year we've had many facilities upgrades - new k-2 playground, new carpets, new paint - plus we continue to gain traction with our STEM programs. I think every classroom now has a smartboard and the kids and teachers continue to amaze me with what they're doing with the ipads and laptops. Our art and choral programs are spectacular, and my kids make sure if we have an appointment to take them to that it isn't during PE or our STEM elective time. Our teachers really care about the students and are continually improving themselves with professional development. I love our school!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted August 02, 2013

Posted January 26, 2013
I have children at WES. The STEM program is fantastic -- it is run by PTA volunteers working with teachers and full support of the new principal. The school has a STEM teacher who is the Teacher of the Year - but the quality of the school's STEM program is only possible when parents and teachers work together. WES is a great school - embarking on the best possible partnership.

Weatherstone Elementary School
1000 Olde Weatherstone Way, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Weatherstone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weatherstone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top