Posted August 14, 2014
Adams is an amazing school!!! The principal is very engaged and expects the best out of the kids. He went to every classroom at the beginning of the year and told them what was expected. He recognizes their successes and challenges them to be better. The teachers are exceptional & bring in lots of exciting and different activities to help the children learn. When my son was struggling with reading, his teacher immediately got him extra reading support and now he's reading above grade level and LOVES to read (a complete turn around!). The PTA is the best I've ever seen. They are so dedicated and work very hard for ALL the children. The Angel Tree at Christmas and the school garden that is run by parent volunteers are just two of the many examples of this.

Posted March 28, 2014
My two children have been at Adams for less than one year and we are already looking for a way out, any way we can get it. We have had two very good teachers and one EXTREMELY bad one. We were told that our experience in this instance was shocking but later found out that this was a lie--other parents have had similar experiences with this teacher and admin chooses to ignore the problems. Parent involvement in the classroom itself is not allowed, you are only allowed to volunteer for Literacy Lunch. There is no open-door policy in this school and the code of silence is very powerful. Walking into the school feels like walking into a prison sometimes, very oppressive feeling. The front office staff is phenomenal, however.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have been a parent at Adams YR Elem. for over 7 years now. I have 3 children that attended the school. The administration is the BEST. If you have a problem child it will be taken care of. If you have an AG child they will be taken care of. The staff is awesome have gone through all the grades I can tell you the staff is knowledgeable kind and they get the job done. The PTA is unlike any other I have seen around. They are so involved and make you feel welcome no matter what your level of involvement is. Leaving my children there each day to learn and grow has been the best choice. we have made. I have lived in cary for over 20 years and have heard lots of stories about other schools in the area. I would choose Adams each and every time.

Posted July 14, 2012
My child started Adams in Kindergarten, I have on numerous occasions had to approach the staff on policy and bullying on the play ground. Each year my child attend I have noticed more parents are pulling their children out. For the first time this has really affected me emotionally because my child's education is very important but the principal does not take a proactive approach when dealing with parents and staff interaction. I am now also looking at other alternatives, there is a code of silence amount the teachers and administratos. This does not sit well with me and I dont like that they teach for the eog scores. To get the grants and recognitions. Parents do your research first. Ask questions ask about the attrician rates over the last 2 years. Also look at the demographics ratio.

Posted January 25, 2012
My son changed to this school from a traditional calendar and we love it. He is now getting challenged in a way that he had not before. He loves having break throughout the year. This is also the first time he has said that he loves his teacher and loves to go to school.

Adams Elementary 1

Posted September 12, 2011
This school was an absolute nightmare for myself and my kids. The year round school program is cruel and unusual punishment in my opinion. They do not allow for kids to be kids, very military style and way too much homework. I think they should get rid of the year round programs all together. Kids love summer break!!!

Posted July 21, 2011
My two sons went to Adams for one year, but it was a great year! It really is a wonderful school. They are the only school that I have dealt with so far that has a positive atmosphere. The principal is great and he calls the parents with the child when they see the child doing something POSITIVE. Like helping a friend, doing the right thing! Great Shool, great teachers, wonderful environment. My kids had to change schools but it was soooo much better than Oak Grove.

Posted July 20, 2011
Bullying and racism are a problem here. The teachers ignore what is going on in front of their faces. It starts as early as Kindergarten.

Posted May 02, 2011
Bullying and cliques are a huge problem. I don't think staff are doing anything to fix it.

Adams Elementary 3

Posted February 24, 2011
I have two children at Adams and I have to say the experience has been above average. I feel the school has challenged my children which is important, however beware there is a teacher there who is very difficult to deal with and if she singles your child out, the kid will have a miserable year. She was difficult to deal with and swore my child had ADD when in fact he didn't. The principals were not supportive in the situation, they took the teachers side. This year has been a complete turn around and we couldn't be happier. What a difference a teacher makes!

Adams Elementary
805 Cary Towne Boulevard, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Adams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.