Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 14, 2016
Mrs Anderson & Mrs Milby are amazing teachers! They are patient, kind & care about the kids. But they know how to push them to get the best out of them. Our Kindergarten experience with these two was one of a kind and I feel fortunate to have been able to have them for my son's first experience at school. Thank you for everything you do!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2016
When my son was struggling with a reading assignment one day, the teacher encouraged him to keep trying. He persisted, completely the assignment correctly and was rewarded with a special trip to the principals office for an award in determination. They really try to encourage this at the school & I just thought it was too cool! Not only was I proud of him, but my son was proud of himself and wants to keep trying.

Posted July 14, 2016
I have been so happy with my experience at Adams! Before my child was even attending the school, the principal took the time I requested to sit down with me to talk about whether the year round program was the right fit for my child. He was very easy to talk to and you can tell that he really cares about the kids. My son struggled with reading & his teacher was amazing! She not only had him in special reading programs throughout the week, but we had open communication and she was able to give me ways to help at home that was fun for him & not stressful on me. The progress he made was phenomenal and I attribute it to the school and working with us as team to help him get where he needed to go. I'm so excited he'll be in Adams for the rest of elementary and that his sister gets to come too!

Posted September 08, 2015
My daughter spent one year at Adams and that was enough. The teacher only sent home information one day a week so we were often notified of things in arrears (early release, etc.). The teacher had a definite my-way-or-the-highway mentality; she did not demonstrate compassion whatsoever. Twice we had such misunderstandings (with our daughter crying after events during the day) that we requested a meeting with the principal but were instead shoved off onto the Assistant Principal, who shined us on. She, too, admitted this teacher has not got a nurturing personality but said she can "teach anybody". She taught our daughter a lot, like what it's like to be a small kid in a room with a bullying adult. Pitiful. We read such good reviews of Adams but this one year killed it for our family.

Posted April 11, 2015
I have 2 children who have been at Adams for 3 years! It has been nothing but a positive experience! I do not even know where to start. From the top down the staff is great. Mr. Hooper the principal sets high expectations for both staff and students and it shows. There is a mutual respect between the teachers and students. My older child struggles and she was immediately given the help she needed in order to succeed. The kids that attend Adams are great and bullying or disrespect within the school is not tolerated. The administration and teachers are very easy to approach if a problem does arise. There are many wonderful things that go on at Adams. I feel blessed that my kids are attending such a wonderful school!

Posted March 10, 2015
Wow. The Best!! Our daughter started kindergarten there, and moves on at end of school year,and now we hope our boy gets assigned, also. Great Teachers, safe and involved school! Always able to quickly touch base about concerns, and always found willing staff to help! Years of great experiences for my child , as well as my wife and I. Bravo Adams!!!! Thank you all.

Posted August 14, 2014
Adams is an amazing school!!! The principal is very engaged and expects the best out of the kids. He went to every classroom at the beginning of the year and told them what was expected. He recognizes their successes and challenges them to be better. The teachers are exceptional & bring in lots of exciting and different activities to help the children learn. When my son was struggling with reading, his teacher immediately got him extra reading support and now he's reading above grade level and LOVES to read (a complete turn around!). The PTA is the best I've ever seen. They are so dedicated and work very hard for ALL the children. The Angel Tree at Christmas and the school garden that is run by parent volunteers are just two of the many examples of this.

Posted March 28, 2014
My two children have been at Adams for less than one year and we are already looking for a way out, any way we can get it. We have had two very good teachers and one EXTREMELY bad one. We were told that our experience in this instance was shocking but later found out that this was a lie--other parents have had similar experiences with this teacher and admin chooses to ignore the problems. Parent involvement in the classroom itself is not allowed, you are only allowed to volunteer for Literacy Lunch. There is no open-door policy in this school and the code of silence is very powerful. Walking into the school feels like walking into a prison sometimes, very oppressive feeling. The front office staff is phenomenal, however.

Posted May 20, 2013
I have been a parent at Adams YR Elem. for over 7 years now. I have 3 children that attended the school. The administration is the BEST. If you have a problem child it will be taken care of. If you have an AG child they will be taken care of. The staff is awesome have gone through all the grades I can tell you the staff is knowledgeable kind and they get the job done. The PTA is unlike any other I have seen around. They are so involved and make you feel welcome no matter what your level of involvement is. Leaving my children there each day to learn and grow has been the best choice. we have made. I have lived in cary for over 20 years and have heard lots of stories about other schools in the area. I would choose Adams each and every time.

Posted July 14, 2012
My child started Adams in Kindergarten, I have on numerous occasions had to approach the staff on policy and bullying on the play ground. Each year my child attend I have noticed more parents are pulling their children out. For the first time this has really affected me emotionally because my child's education is very important but the principal does not take a proactive approach when dealing with parents and staff interaction. I am now also looking at other alternatives, there is a code of silence amount the teachers and administratos. This does not sit well with me and I dont like that they teach for the eog scores. To get the grants and recognitions. Parents do your research first. Ask questions ask about the attrician rates over the last 2 years. Also look at the demographics ratio.

805 Cary Towne Blvd, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Adams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.