Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

After trying a traditional charter school for 2 years we wanted to go back to year round schedule. So happy that we made the transition back! My K and 3rd love their Track 3 teachers. The school is older with not many bells and whistles but it really is a wonderful diverse learning environment. The PTA is the BEST and doing great things for the kids and school. Superb communication to parents on all levels: PTA,teacher and staff. Very proud of this school!

I have been so happy with my experience at Adams! Before my child was even attending the school, the principal took the time I requested to sit down with me to talk about whether the year round program was the right fit for my child. He was very easy to talk to and you can tell that he really cares about the kids. My son struggled with reading & his teacher was amazing! She not only had him in special reading programs throughout the week, but we had open communication and she was able to give me ways to help at home that was fun for him & not stressful on me. The progress he made was phenomenal and I attribute it to the school and working with us as team to help him get where he needed to go. I'm so excited he'll be in Adams for the rest of elementary and that his sister gets to come too!

My daughter spent one year at Adams and that was enough. The teacher only sent home information one day a week so we were often notified of things in arrears (early release, etc.). The teacher had a definite my-way-or-the-highway mentality; she did not demonstrate compassion whatsoever. Twice we had such misunderstandings (with our daughter crying after events during the day) that we requested a meeting with the principal but were instead shoved off onto the Assistant Principal, who shined us on. She, too, admitted this teacher has not got a nurturing personality but said she can "teach anybody". She taught our daughter a lot, like what it's like to be a small kid in a room with a bullying adult. Pitiful. We read such good reviews of Adams but this one year killed it for our family.

I have 2 children who have been at Adams for 3 years! It has been nothing but a positive experience! I do not even know where to start. From the top down the staff is great. Mr. Hooper the principal sets high expectations for both staff and students and it shows. There is a mutual respect between the teachers and students. My older child struggles and she was immediately given the help she needed in order to succeed. The kids that attend Adams are great and bullying or disrespect within the school is not tolerated. The administration and teachers are very easy to approach if a problem does arise. There are many wonderful things that go on at Adams. I feel blessed that my kids are attending such a wonderful school!

Wow. The Best!! Our daughter started kindergarten there, and moves on at end of school year,and now we hope our boy gets assigned, also. Great Teachers, safe and involved school! Always able to quickly touch base about concerns, and always found willing staff to help! Years of great experiences for my child , as well as my wife and I. Bravo Adams!!!! Thank you all.

Adams is an amazing school!!! The principal is very engaged and expects the best out of the kids. He went to every classroom at the beginning of the year and told them what was expected. He recognizes their successes and challenges them to be better. The teachers are exceptional & bring in lots of exciting and different activities to help the children learn. When my son was struggling with reading, his teacher immediately got him extra reading support and now he's reading above grade level and LOVES to read (a complete turn around!). The PTA is the best I've ever seen. They are so dedicated and work very hard for ALL the children. The Angel Tree at Christmas and the school garden that is run by parent volunteers are just two of the many examples of this.

My two children have been at Adams for less than one year and we are already looking for a way out, any way we can get it. We have had two very good teachers and one EXTREMELY bad one. We were told that our experience in this instance was shocking but later found out that this was a lie--other parents have had similar experiences with this teacher and admin chooses to ignore the problems. Parent involvement in the classroom itself is not allowed, you are only allowed to volunteer for Literacy Lunch. There is no open-door policy in this school and the code of silence is very powerful. Walking into the school feels like walking into a prison sometimes, very oppressive feeling. The front office staff is phenomenal, however.

I have been a parent at Adams YR Elem. for over 7 years now. I have 3 children that attended the school. The administration is the BEST. If you have a problem child it will be taken care of. If you have an AG child they will be taken care of. The staff is awesome have gone through all the grades I can tell you the staff is knowledgeable kind and they get the job done. The PTA is unlike any other I have seen around. They are so involved and make you feel welcome no matter what your level of involvement is. Leaving my children there each day to learn and grow has been the best choice. we have made. I have lived in cary for over 20 years and have heard lots of stories about other schools in the area. I would choose Adams each and every time.

My child started Adams in Kindergarten, I have on numerous occasions had to approach the staff on policy and bullying on the play ground. Each year my child attend I have noticed more parents are pulling their children out. For the first time this has really affected me emotionally because my child's education is very important but the principal does not take a proactive approach when dealing with parents and staff interaction. I am now also looking at other alternatives, there is a code of silence amount the teachers and administratos. This does not sit well with me and I dont like that they teach for the eog scores. To get the grants and recognitions. Parents do your research first. Ask questions ask about the attrician rates over the last 2 years. Also look at the demographics ratio.

My son changed to this school from a traditional calendar and we love it. He is now getting challenged in a way that he had not before. He loves having break throughout the year. This is also the first time he has said that he loves his teacher and loves to go to school.

Last modified Adams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.