Posted November 06, 2014
Briarcliff is like The Little Engine That Could. It's a small school, tucked away in a quiet neighborhood, that no one has heard of. However, it is a gem. Each child is taught to the level he or she needs to be appropriately challenged. The teachers have full control over their classrooms, and student behavior is outstanding. The administration is attentive, effective, and caring. The PTA is very active. There is a huge amount of parental support and involvement, including many parent-run before and after school clubs and activities, and an entirely parent-run tutoring and enrichment program. Do not let the school's Title 1 status mislead you. This school is excellent for all children lucky enough to attend.

Posted December 18, 2013
Wow what an amazing school with a good mix of kids from different backgrounds. My son is in first grade and there isn't much he can't read, it is almost hard to believe how well he reads. He is already adding three digit numbers and carrying the tens. We have several neighbors who attend the school and they all seem to love their teachers. Haven't heard of a bad teacher yet and the (wonderful trilingual) art teacher's classroom is like a museum. The new principal is also amazing and she is really engaged. Amazing teachers, great leadership and a very active PTA make this small (by wake county standards) a great school. Did I mention over a third of the School attends the running club.

Posted May 17, 2013
my daughters went to Briarcliff elementary school from 1997-2002( 2 daughters), i actually loved the school. i was very disappointed that my son wasn't able to go there! i still know some of the teachers! it was so easy to be involved in the school when it virtually sat in my back yard, compared to the fact that my son has to travel more than 10 miles to attend school in apex nc

Posted January 02, 2012
I have 3 children that attend Briarcliff and it the most AMAZING school. I LOVE this school!!!! The teachers and staff are friendly, outgoing, and extremely supportive. The principal is fantastic and always open to talking. This school is unbelievably family oriented and the teachers are always willing to donate their time. Someone else mentioned that this school is one of the best kept secrtets and they could not have said it better. Briarcliff is small but to me that is a huge plus...the kids get so much individualized attention and it seems like every teacher and staff member know all the kids. If you have a choice, you would not be making a wrong one, if you chose Briarcliff!

Posted April 04, 2011
I have worked at the front desk at Briarcliff Elementary since 1999. Briarcliff is impressive, inviting, genuine, warm. A HAPPY, loving school! The teaching staff is just amazing & first rate! EVERY SINGLE person who works here is sensational! The ENTIRE staff the best there is! Encouraging, kind, supportive, nurturing, going above & beyond. We ALL truly CARE about our students and their families, we care about each other. Our students are incredible! We are SO BLESSED to have wonderful parents & families. I feel so fortunate to work w/such a strong, respectful, inspiring and caring administration. It takes a WHOLE school to educate a child. You will hear me I say "You will love this school!" Our kids are so amazing! I love coming to work here each and every day. It is a PLEASURE to work with such great people and have such remarkable students/families, an honor and privilege and I can not thank you enough. I am so proud of this school & our outstanding students. Briarcliff is a lovely and much LOVED school. We all are family here, when you attend Briarcliff, consider yourself our FAMILY.

Posted April 03, 2011
Briarcliff is an excellent school - one of the best kept secrets around, and hope to keep it that way. Wonderful principal and vice principal. Caring, responsive staff. Enriching extracurriculars like chess, french and sports club. My kids love it here!

Posted March 23, 2011
Briarcliff is awesome. I have been very impressed with both administration and teachers. They are always finding ways to involve the families and have clubs even for my first grader.

Briarcliff Elementary 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Briarcliff is a warm inviting place. There are so many activities that support learning and social skills. From German and French clubs to the Running Club - there is something for everyone.

Briarcliff Elementary 0

Posted October 15, 2008
I have three kids there. While the school misses Mr. Regan, Joy, the new Principal is awesome. Great caring teachers who work hard to form bonds with the kids and reinforcing relationships with the parents. I am a parent and former student ( a long time ago).

Posted April 15, 2008
Briarcliff is a great school. I continue to be amazed at the amount of growth our son has made this year. The first grade team is doing such a wonderful job of teaching to children's ability levels. They run the grade like a mini-high school, everyone switchs for both math and reading groups. Great job ! I wish we could do more to recognize our teachers!

Briarcliff Elementary
1220 Pond Street, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Briarcliff Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarcliff Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top