Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Everything stems from the teachers. If you have engaged and caring teachers, student success increases.

Great school! Great teachers and great kids! I would recommend this school to anyone! One of the oldest school in nc but one of he best!

The administrative staff not prepared and wcpss in general fights parents on enrollment. Cary high school has bring your own device meaning kids able to use cell phones while in class. School states it's for learning purposes but come on you know most kids texting friends all day. Sports another issue not fair and truthful especially assistant principal mr woods.

THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. I've lived all over the world and have experienced countless schools, and this one is BY FAR the WORST SCHOOL ever. My first day at school, I got sick and went to the office hoping to find the nurse and was told that the nurse is only at school on Thursday. So I asked if I could lay down because I was nauseous and they told me there was NO PLACE TO LAY DOWN. And another thing, the grading scale is setting students up for FAILURE. I have been a straight A student my ENTIRE life. Before I came to this school, I had a 4.0 GPA, now I have two C's because an 82 is a C instead of a B. I spend 7 HOURS every day after school working on homework for the next day, and yet, I STILL CANNOT ATTAIN AN A. I don't even have time after school to keep up with my usual fitness regime, OR eating, MY MOTHER HAS TO FEED ME AS I DO HOMEWORK. My sister, who missed one assignment due to an illness, did not make it up because her teacher failed to give her the material and she now has an F. It is literally impossible to succeed in a rigorous course if MORE 80% OF THE GRADING SCALE IS FAILING. This school will hinder my college choices. I GIVE 0 STARS.

Cary High had a long and distinguished history when I went there in the early '80s, but NC politics, poor local management and the Wake County Board of Education have contributed to making my alum mater a mess now. My kids' high school experience is nothing like mine, and the school seems unable or unwilling to help its neediest students. For example our dyslexic child had a Cary High teacher that simply didn't respond to calls, emails or even personal visits, he hid! The staff let our son pass in exchange for our silence. We've also been misled about educational options for our child and we had to hire a representative to our last IEP meeting to explain our rights TO THE SCHOOL. Our offspring has been forced to take hard classes that were unnecessary that have destroyed a promising GPA. Of course as a graduate of Reedy Creek Middle School it's no wonder, they did not prepare any kids I know there in any way for high school. Go the Apex High instead if you can. How the mighty have fallen.

Teachers are very good but administrative staff very unorganized and apathetic. Children who are disruptive and should be suspended after multiple incidents are not disciplined. Staff too lazy to bother.

My son began this year and we have been impressed by the whole community spirit and multitude of option my son can explore .

My son graduated from Cary HS in 2013, fourth in his class. He scored a 2230 on the SAT (770, 770, 690) with no tutoring. He also earned 30 hours of credit for college (through Cary's fantastic AP classes) at UNC - Chapel Hill, again, with no tutoring. If you want your child to be the best academically, Cary High School can make that happen. Teachers are excellent with very high standards. He was in band and tennis also. His two sisters are currently attending Cary too. Moved here six years ago, did research, and only looked at houses zoned for Cary High School. Very glad I chose this outstanding school.

We loved Cary High School, the tradition, the teachers, and the students. At freshman orientation, Principle Tillman really inspired the kids to take pride in their school.

Cary High School has a lot of subjects and alot of languges that any body can choose from to learn and even sports to join like football, basektball and more.... I love the way that everybody gets to get along and communicate with everybody there. GO IMPS! BLEED GREEN ALL THE WAY! CARY HIGH SCHOOL IMPS!

Last modified Cary High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.