Cary, NC

Cary High 2

Posted November 13, 2014
The administrative staff not prepared and wcpss in general fights parents on enrollment. Cary high school has bring your own device meaning kids able to use cell phones while in class. School states it's for learning purposes but come on you know most kids texting friends all day. Sports another issue not fair and truthful especially assistant principal mr woods.

Cary High 1

Posted September 14, 2014
THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. I've lived all over the world and have experienced countless schools, and this one is BY FAR the WORST SCHOOL ever. My first day at school, I got sick and went to the office hoping to find the nurse and was told that the nurse is only at school on Thursday. So I asked if I could lay down because I was nauseous and they told me there was NO PLACE TO LAY DOWN. And another thing, the grading scale is setting students up for FAILURE. I have been a straight A student my ENTIRE life. Before I came to this school, I had a 4.0 GPA, now I have two C's because an 82 is a C instead of a B. I spend 7 HOURS every day after school working on homework for the next day, and yet, I STILL CANNOT ATTAIN AN A. I don't even have time after school to keep up with my usual fitness regime, OR eating, MY MOTHER HAS TO FEED ME AS I DO HOMEWORK. My sister, who missed one assignment due to an illness, did not make it up because her teacher failed to give her the material and she now has an F. It is literally impossible to succeed in a rigorous course if MORE 80% OF THE GRADING SCALE IS FAILING. This school will hinder my college choices. I GIVE 0 STARS.

Cary High 2

Posted June 12, 2014
Cary High had a long and distinguished history when I went there in the early '80s, but NC politics, poor local management and the Wake County Board of Education have contributed to making my alum mater a mess now. My kids' high school experience is nothing like mine, and the school seems unable or unwilling to help its neediest students. For example our dyslexic child had a Cary High teacher that simply didn't respond to calls, emails or even personal visits, he hid! The staff let our son pass in exchange for our silence. We've also been misled about educational options for our child and we had to hire a representative to our last IEP meeting to explain our rights TO THE SCHOOL. Our offspring has been forced to take hard classes that were unnecessary that have destroyed a promising GPA. Of course as a graduate of Reedy Creek Middle School it's no wonder, they did not prepare any kids I know there in any way for high school. Go the Apex High instead if you can. How the mighty have fallen.

Cary High 3

Posted December 01, 2013
Teachers are very good but administrative staff very unorganized and apathetic. Children who are disruptive and should be suspended after multiple incidents are not disciplined. Staff too lazy to bother.

Posted October 29, 2013
My son began this year and we have been impressed by the whole community spirit and multitude of option my son can explore .

Posted October 08, 2013
My son graduated from Cary HS in 2013, fourth in his class. He scored a 2230 on the SAT (770, 770, 690) with no tutoring. He also earned 30 hours of credit for college (through Cary's fantastic AP classes) at UNC - Chapel Hill, again, with no tutoring. If you want your child to be the best academically, Cary High School can make that happen. Teachers are excellent with very high standards. He was in band and tennis also. His two sisters are currently attending Cary too. Moved here six years ago, did research, and only looked at houses zoned for Cary High School. Very glad I chose this outstanding school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 07, 2013
We loved Cary High School, the tradition, the teachers, and the students. At freshman orientation, Principle Tillman really inspired the kids to take pride in their school.

Posted July 12, 2013
Cary High School has a lot of subjects and alot of languges that any body can choose from to learn and even sports to join like football, basektball and more.... I love the way that everybody gets to get along and communicate with everybody there. GO IMPS! BLEED GREEN ALL THE WAY! CARY HIGH SCHOOL IMPS!

Cary High 1

Posted June 22, 2013
Cary High School is a terrible school for special education students. Throughout my son's school years we have had him in many different settings and different states, but Cary High School is without a doubt the worse school. My son's teacher had no control of the classroom and did not encourage parent involvement because then she would have to actually teach the students instead of letting them sleep - which is what we saw many times when we stopped in for other reasons. Parents do whatever you can to get your son or daughter with Special Needs out of Cary High School. Cary might be a good school for students going to college or talented in sports but for students who have significant cognitve limitations it is not much more than a warehouse - SAD !!!!!!

Posted May 17, 2013
my daughter and son-in-law both attended chs and thrived!! my son-in-law graduated in 2005 and my daughter in 2007! thanks to chs, my daughter is now a teacher herself!!! you probably know who they are!! because my son-in-law played football for cary high! THANKS CHS!!

Cary High
638 Walnut Street, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Cary High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cary High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top