Cary, NC

Reedy Creek Middle 5

Posted September 02, 2015
excellent principal and PTA board members. hard working administration and faculty. smart students who go above and beyond.

Posted May 16, 2015
Cons: Low security. A child was abdicated from the school during a school assembly and no one noticed. The school did nothing to help the family and tried to bury the incident under lies to conceal it from the public. Police and the media were notified, but the principal went out of his way to brush the incident off so that there would not be public awareness. Pros: The district fired the principal for his involvement in the kidnapping. I would think that the new principal is fantastic, I trust that he is. Nevertheless, the school has a long way to go before it can be deemed safe for kids. Our schools need to be considerably safer. Update: Former principal Flowers has fled the county and will likely never work in Wake County again. Good riddance. No parent should have to endure what that man put two parents through. Thankfully, the child was found, retrieved, and safe.

Reedy Creek Middle 3

Posted December 05, 2014
One word to describe RCMS... Ordinary. There is nothing real special about this middle school. Teachers at RCMS are really good (in my experience), they know how to teach a class. You might see that the test scores are below average for Wake County and NC, but it's not their faults, it's the students who chose not to care about school. All of those students don't try most of the time and just don't like learning. They don't even like fun learning games on their phones. Luckily, not all students are like that. The extracurriculars include clubs, such as drama club, run club, wildlife club, art club, etc. and sports. The drama club puts on a yearly spring production. Sports are for both boys and girls in seventh and eighth grade. There is band for sixth through eighth graders. Yeah.. No school uniform is required, however, there is a moderately strict dress code that is not hard to follow. Breakfast and lunch is served daily. See, just an ordinary school. Bullying occurs here (what's new?) but staff treat it responsibly. Even though I get bullied (social exclusion and occasion name calling/teasing) and even hate it here sometimes, it would be the same anywhere else. Hope this helps!

Posted April 17, 2014
I am going to give you an honest review so please listen up. The positives at RCMS. The Band Teacher and the Band Program are just awesome. he really cares & does an outstanding job. RCMS had a lot of afterschool student/parent functions that my child really enjoyed. Now the negatives. I had to hound in order to get any information concerning my daughter this year. Trying to advocate for your child or get information regarding anything at the school is non existent. My daugther doesn't want to go to school (she loves school btw), has missed more days than she ever has, her grades went from straight A(s) to making C (s) & D., she & many of her friends get bullied so bad it would break your heart. I could go on & on. I am trying to transfer her out of there as she has wasted a whole school year year not reaching her potential. Just wish the Band Teacher would go teach at the High School level cause as I stated, he is the one positivity RCMS has going.

Posted April 02, 2014
I see that a review I posted last year has been removed. I will state here again what I stated in that review and have had a year more of Reedy Creek. I have to say that the band teacher is excellent and really takes time out to work with the students at Reedy Creek. Now as far as the teaching staff, there are some that are decent, and others not so. I am really not that impressed with what the school has to offer. When I wrote my last review, there was a different principle, the one who was supposed to be "cleaning" things up there, well he has since left and we have a new principle. Next year will be my son's last year and I do have concerns that he won;t be prepared for High School. He is in the AG program at Reedy Creek, but the teachers are not that good in regards to communicating with parents. Let's see if this second review gets removed. Just note, if you are new to the area or the school, do your homework, there are other alternatives for your children to get educated properly. Thanks.

Posted February 13, 2014
I'm an 8th grader and also have LD (learning disability) but I don't have curriculum assistance anymore and reedy creek can be fun but it's the choices the teachers make and there is bullying in the school but not that much in my grade mostly in the lower grades because most of them are still immature and try to act "cool" but all you really need is a couple of friends and your alright but a lot of teachers don't care about what happens to the students or some teachers don't really care or you can clearly tell when they have a favorite. Some teachers are pretty awesome like our Spanish teacher and some other core teachers that actually care about your grade

Posted December 28, 2013
The gym activites are OK they make us run in the cold and alot. They should do less going outside in the cold and more pacer or inside activites or they can do free choice because why do we have to go outside it is still running .

Reedy Creek Middle 3

Posted October 04, 2013
RCMS is getting better but still have a few problems to work through. Most of the teachers are working hard to turn this school around. The pricipal is doing a great job with the circumstances he was given. The PTA is very strong. The PTA board members are working hard to make this school a better place for the teachers and students too. I would like to see more technology used and I would also like to see more field trips for the students.. I think RCMS is on its way to being a great school.

Reedy Creek Middle 5

Posted September 11, 2013
I like that they dont just group everyone the same. everyone is different and learn differently and they take that into consideration when they put your schedule together. The new pricipal great man. He will make the school a better place

Posted August 28, 2013
I have listened to many parents say very negative things & hear Reedy Creek Middle is one of WORST schools on Wake Cnty!!! Surprise, it's also in CARY! However the GOOD NEWS is it FINALLY has a NEW PRINCIPAL. Please change this school! Good luck! Welcome to NC..lol

Reedy Creek Middle
930 Reedy Creek Road, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Reedy Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reedy Creek Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top