Posted April 17, 2014
I am going to give you an honest review so please listen up. The positives at RCMS. The Band Teacher and the Band Program are just awesome. he really cares & does an outstanding job. RCMS had a lot of afterschool student/parent functions that my child really enjoyed. Now the negatives. I had to hound in order to get any information concerning my daughter this year. Trying to advocate for your child or get information regarding anything at the school is non existent. My daugther doesn't want to go to school (she loves school btw), has missed more days than she ever has, her grades went from straight A(s) to making C (s) & D., she & many of her friends get bullied so bad it would break your heart. I could go on & on. I am trying to transfer her out of there as she has wasted a whole school year year not reaching her potential. Just wish the Band Teacher would go teach at the High School level cause as I stated, he is the one positivity RCMS has going.

Posted April 02, 2014
I see that a review I posted last year has been removed. I will state here again what I stated in that review and have had a year more of Reedy Creek. I have to say that the band teacher is excellent and really takes time out to work with the students at Reedy Creek. Now as far as the teaching staff, there are some that are decent, and others not so. I am really not that impressed with what the school has to offer. When I wrote my last review, there was a different principle, the one who was supposed to be "cleaning" things up there, well he has since left and we have a new principle. Next year will be my son's last year and I do have concerns that he won;t be prepared for High School. He is in the AG program at Reedy Creek, but the teachers are not that good in regards to communicating with parents. Let's see if this second review gets removed. Just note, if you are new to the area or the school, do your homework, there are other alternatives for your children to get educated properly. Thanks.

Posted February 13, 2014
I'm an 8th grader and also have LD (learning disability) but I don't have curriculum assistance anymore and reedy creek can be fun but it's the choices the teachers make and there is bullying in the school but not that much in my grade mostly in the lower grades because most of them are still immature and try to act "cool" but all you really need is a couple of friends and your alright but a lot of teachers don't care about what happens to the students or some teachers don't really care or you can clearly tell when they have a favorite. Some teachers are pretty awesome like our Spanish teacher and some other core teachers that actually care about your grade

Posted December 28, 2013
The gym activites are OK they make us run in the cold and alot. They should do less going outside in the cold and more pacer or inside activites or they can do free choice because why do we have to go outside it is still running .

Posted November 30, 2013
I am a 7th grader at RCMS. This school is so horrible to me. My peers are mean to me and the bad thing is that I DON'T do anything to them! My core teachers are very nice except when my peers start to annoy them. I am in Curriculum Assistance (I don't get an elective) only because of my minor issue- i don't understand some things as well as other. At Reedy Creek, you get singled out a lot. 2 weeks ago, a random teacher in the hallway said that I had to change pants since leggings are against the dress code but it says NOTHING in the dress code regarding leggings. Here is the worst thing about RCMS- the cafeteria food is GROSS! The food is NOT cooked right and they let the food sit out which makes it go bad. This school is getting worst and worst EVERY YEAR so it's probably NEVER going to improve. When you choose a middle school in Wake County; don't choose this one.

Reedy Creek Middle 3

Posted October 04, 2013
RCMS is getting better but still have a few problems to work through. Most of the teachers are working hard to turn this school around. The pricipal is doing a great job with the circumstances he was given. The PTA is very strong. The PTA board members are working hard to make this school a better place for the teachers and students too. I would like to see more technology used and I would also like to see more field trips for the students.. I think RCMS is on its way to being a great school.

Posted August 28, 2013
I have listened to many parents say very negative things & hear Reedy Creek Middle is one of WORST schools on Wake Cnty!!! Surprise, it's also in CARY! However the GOOD NEWS is it FINALLY has a NEW PRINCIPAL. Please change this school! Good luck! Welcome to NC..lol

Posted July 19, 2013
RCMS has a very strong band program with a band teacher that puts in countless hours outside the school day for the 300+ students that participate in the program. That is the only quality arts program at the school. The academics at the school receive a "1" as a rating. My child was an 8th grader this past academic year & the quality of the teaching was terrible. When my student, who asked the Language Arts teacher for additional work to better understand the topic, has a teacher respond that "if you wanted more work you should have gone to a better school," then you know there is something wrong with the quality of the education your child is receiving. There is a new principal coming for the next academic year. He will have his hands full with trying to turn around the school. When you have teachers assigned to after school activities/sports, that say to parents and students, "I don't get paid to do this," or "I don't have time to do this," then why would the students or parents put forth any effort to participate. This middle school has the reputation around town as the worst middle school in Cary. Our child was not adequately prepared for high school.

Posted March 02, 2013
My daughter hates this school, and so did my 3 older daughters who also went to RCMS. There is fights everyday, mainly physical. The buses are out of control and many disturbing fights and scenes that the bus drivers do not take action in. I've been bullied for 2 years straight now physically hurt and scared, and mentally broken. Ive reported bullying over and over again, and I still wait for the adults and principle to take action and do their job to make sure their students are safe. The staff is unreliable and don't do what students and parents have constantly requested.The bullying at this school is out of control and isn't a place to send your child. Please don't send your children here.

Posted February 01, 2013
I have 2 in HS that went to RCMS and now I have one in sixth grade. So we have been going to RCMS for almost 7 years now and I can tell you the school is on the decline. They cannot keep good teachers, some of the good ones that my sons had are now gone and my daughters teachers do not even send emails. I can't speak of fights or bullying, but I do see that the teachers and principal simply do not care, just today they had an award ceremony for AB honor roll and the parents were not notified (yes my daughter received an award). They have a new band director and he seems to be great! Getting the kids very involved, unfortunately my daughter is not in band. They also have a new security officer and she is wonderful, other than that the school is going down hill.

Reedy Creek Middle
930 Reedy Creek Road, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Reedy Creek Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reedy Creek Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.