Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are truly interested in helping the students to achieve. They really seem to care that each child does their best.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think that homework is an important part of reinforcing what is being learned in the classroom. In order to be able to compete in a competitive world. They do a good job of balancing the amount of work through the different subjects.

I have two children that have attended Farmington Woods. My younger child is a 5th grader this year. This is a wonderful school with so many opportunities for kids to learn about the world around them. Both of my kids have learning disabilities and an IEP. This school has done a wonderful job nurturing my children and helping them to grow academically. The current principal is enthusiastic and loves working with the kids and has experience with kids with learning difficulties and works hard to support all families. I would strongly recommend this school.

My little one started Kindergarten this year and it has been a challenge for her. She has never went to daycare or participated in any Pre-kindergarten programs. She began her education at another school and with a little less than half of the school year left, we decided she needed a change. She required extra attention to learn the basics; in which she did not receive at the previous school. Farmington has not only met my expectations, but have exceeded them. My child has been provided with more resources, support and is obtaining a solid foundation that is preparing her to have continued success. She now enjoys attending school and is feeling more confident about herself. Thank you Farmington Woods staff.

My child is just now finishing 5th grade and I have to say that it is without question better than I have ever imagined a school would be. He has learned so much through the IB program and he has grown so much not only through his education but socially as well. Literally every teacher he has had since kindergarten still knows his name as well as the media center educators, the principal, asst. principal and more. I couldn't have asked for a better learning experience. With the exception of 2nd grade, the teachers have been top notch, and even the 2nd grade teacher, although I didn't personally care for her, was instrumental in setting him up for higher learning. The educational values are there as are the before/after school activities such as handbell, chorus, science club, and the rest of the activities. I'm sad to have to leave the school after this year but the education that my child has gotten will certainly help him through middle school and life in general. I would recommend Farmington Woods to anyone and everyone who was looking for great learning for their child. This IB school seriously just can't be beat.

FWES is truly a Great School with an awesome IB program, caring teachers, wonderful students, parents and especially the principal & vice principal. We had a rough year last year as my son was testing the waters in 5K but Im thankful I didn't let my stubborn attitude take him out of a learning environment that is helping him to flourish. My son started this school year far behind & no where near where he should have been. The teachers, helpers, afterschool workers, literacy teacher, all the way to his peers and school counselor have assisted in getting him almost where he should be to end this school year. I cannot say enough positive things about FWES especially with a struggling student. FWES Rocks & I look forward to my son staying here until he finishes the 5th grade.

My daughter started Kindergarten at Farmington Woods this year and we couldn't be happier! I was a little concerned about the size of the school (over 800 students), but all of the teachers seem to know my daughter's name and her academic skills have skyrocketed. Though she is advanced for her age, she is well challenged in this environment. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone - and have.

This school has good academic and physical programs.The teachers are understanding and caring.The school overall has a well rounded program for development in all areas of learning .

I strongly disagree with the previous comment. I obviously cannot speak for the experience of all parents; however, my child has special needs and not only have I never felt bullied in any way, but every request for assistance i've ever made has been addressed immediately -- almost warp-speed. Other parents with children requiring accommodations -- all across the range of need -- have expressed the same opinion to me. My daughter's teachers always keep me "in the loop" and have done a wonderful job. It is a large school and of course there have been a couple of staff members with whom I was less than pleased -- but those staff members were gone the next year and replaced by people who were both WONDERFUL. My daughter has loved all of her teachers and I've been pleased with them, as well. The multiculturalism is fantastic. The principal is extremely involved and very accessible.

The culture of the school has appeared to change with the new principal. However, the new principal does not get rave reviews with all parents. Some parents have felt bullied while trying to advocate for their child's special needs. The diversity of families is great & missed at many other schools. Unfortunately, there is no IB Middle School for these students to continue on with.

Last modified Farmington Woods Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.