Cary, NC
After care: No

Posted August 26, 2015
My daughter attended WCMS and really enjoyed it. We felt her teachers and the administration were very responsive and cared about the quality of her education.

West Cary Middle School 2

Posted August 18, 2015
The time I had at West Cary Middle School was meh. Sure, some of the teachers cared about the education we got, but most of them were just bad at teaching. Last year the school made it mandatory for grades 6-8 to have a specific P.E. uniform that costed around 20 USD. If you didn't dress out in the specific uniform you'd get points taken off your PE grade. Another thing that was still a big issue at the school when I was there was the technology. Teachers had to ask Administration for use of technology in the class since the students couldn't handle such responsibility. Also, the school only has one Smartboard that is just sitting there. The principal was also stalking student's social media accounts for whatever reason and announced it to us on the TV. I'm hoping that the school improves during the 2015-2016 year since they demoted the principal to some position in the intervention department.

Posted September 23, 2014
A dynamic, innovative, wonderfully diverse school that is successfully preparing both my son and daughter to excel in the big-yet-shrinking Global environment we live in!

Posted August 19, 2014
I fully disagree with the parent complaining about West Cary s retesting policy especially since a significant number of schools do not offer ANY retesting policy. As a parent, I realize that the best way to find out how a school operates is to visit the environment. The facts are that West Cary has a good principal and extremely dedicated teachers who deserve the little bit of autonomy left in education (retesting policy). Do not allow parental bitterness to enter your taste buds...West Cary teachers go above and beyond. I would also like to clarify a very important spelling lesson for the February 3rd commenter/complainer: principle and principal are two different words. I am thankful that all parents do not find fault. Positivity prevails.

West Cary Middle School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
We've had an inconsistent experience at WCMS thus far. One of our son's teachers is very dynamic, involved, creative, and keeps parents engaged. Another of his teachers is disorganized, doesn't update parents on anything, and has been inconsistent in her teaching and testing methods. The fact that the teachers at the school are allowed to "design" their own re-test policy is mind-boggling to me - there is zero consistency in how students re-test and what grade they can earn. Our son has one teacher who lets them earn half-credit by reworking the problems they miss, while they have another that gave them the correct answers, told them to go home and re-do the test, and then gave them full credit. My only interaction with the principal thus far has been frustrating - when I asked her about the re-test policy, she said "it's up to the teachers, you'll have to follow up with each of them."

West Cary Middle School 2

Posted February 03, 2014
West cary middle The principle is as unapproachable as possible The teachers are a hit or miss. The office staff, behaves like you are the last person they want to see The new assistant principle, is as rude as it can come That should tell you what the principle is like, you attract your own kind. The good students will not be helped. Don't waste your kids time if they are good in studies. The most decent and good person was the councillor, who moved. Sad that they let her go. The new one is a joke. Be prepared that your kid will not have time to eat, because they have new rules every day. Dont complain, the parent and school relation admin will chew you out. Seriously do not waste your kids future here.

Posted November 04, 2013
I was a little overwhelmed with middle school when we first arrived at West Cary. All of my son's fears are completely gone and we really appreciate all of communication we receive from the Principal and the staff. I get emails weekly and the teachers use their blackboard to better communicate with parents after school hours. We absolute love it.

Posted September 11, 2013
Last night I attended Open House at West Cary and it was one of the most organized Open Houses Ive been to ever - minus the presentations by the Parent Organizations. My son started 6th grade this year and all of his teachers send emails to us biweekly letting us know exactly what is going on in their class and all of them have a blackboard site that shows their weekly assignments and print any worksheets they had in class straight from their individual website. Each teacher did a presentation that was very helpful and informative to the parents. The 6th grade Vice Principal came into the different classes we rotated too and answered any questions we had. I have really been impressed with how involved and on point the teachers are here!

West Cary Middle School 1

Posted August 16, 2013
Filled with behavioral issues. My only regret is I didn't move my child after week 2. A friend called me crying that her child had to go to this school and I motivated her to stay. Therefore I felt obligated to stay. Teachers deal with to many behavioral issues in the class. Fights are frequent. We are not returning and I know several families leaving. Some transferred, went to magnets, charter, and private. I should have paid attention to the reviews.

Posted August 04, 2013
My older has graduated from west cary and my younger one is starting 6th grade. I am extrememly satisfied with the Teachers, Principal.

West Cary Middle School
1000 Evans Rd, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified West Cary Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Cary Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top