Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Davis Drive Middle 3

Posted June 02, 2016
My child has had numerous problems with other kids stealing or vandalizing her things(expensive things too). It has happened in three different locations at the school. I have reported this to the teachers and the administration, but no one seems at all concerned. They said sorry to hear that, and that was the end of that. It seems this is a pretty big problem at this school. A few weeks ago they found many stolen items in someone's gym locker. Mostly teachers and academics have been very good. My child has mostly managed to avoid the bullying(a few minor incidents), but it definitely goes on here. There is a boy in her gym class that constantly berates his teammates by swearing at them (F word, etc.). PE Teacher was informed of this multiple times and did nothing.

Posted March 23, 2014
DAVIS DRIVE MIDDLE ~ safety is a big priority along with academic challenges. I am impressed with the immediate follow-up from Mrs. Summers and Mr. Gaudet on any issue I address. A student's success is also dependent in the effort the student puts forth in addition to the expertise of the faculty & staff. The Band & Orchestra programs are wonderful, however, there isn't a Chorus program which the school needs to add for Electives.This is definitely one school that you can 'judge a book by its cover.'

Posted August 30, 2013
I have an 8th grader and 6th grader. I am very impressed with the dedication of the teachers. They have lots of clubs for those interested. Heavy emphasis on academics. Teachers have always been responsive to problems. Overall, it has been a great environment for my kids.

Davis Drive Middle 1

Posted August 11, 2013
As a parent, I did not except this type of school. My child constantly gets bullied by a group of 8th graders and the principal did no movement to help. I now send my child to salem ,one of the best middle schools.

Davis Drive Middle 2

Posted July 24, 2013
i went to ddms for 2 years. This school has absolutely no sense of community, and all students feel pretty alone. Most of the teachers are pretty good and will give you extra help before school and during lunch, but the other students i went to school with were terrible. All the kids have grown up together (mostly in preston village) and when i went to that school after moving from Maine, all the kids were rude and cliche. I had moved around a lot and i can honestly say that in all the schools ive been to, they have the meanest kids here. i know multiple people who have changed schools mid year because the students and the lack of community. the staff responsible for making up a good community (like the guidance counselor and police officer ) don't do anything to help. So all in all, I got good grades there (mostly a's with 1 or 2 b's) but it was quite unenjoyable to attend school there and i know from personal experience that many students agree with me. Send your kids to salem instead; its much nicer.

Posted September 28, 2012
I to am shocked at the bad reviews. Looks to me like those reviews were for people moving into the school disctrict. This is a very rigorous school and if the school you moved from was behind in standards I can understand the reviews. No need to blame the school. Anyway for my review, this school is top notch. Look at the end of grade scores from 2012 and you will see 97% passes, 92% passes and 95% passes. You won't find those scores in many other schools. Excellent staff. To further this schools review, look at Green Hope High School. DDMS is a feeder school and the kids leave DDMS to go on to GHHS and excel. Duke Princeton, Harvard...Kids on this path from DDMS and GHHS will go far in life.

Davis Drive Middle 4

Posted May 10, 2011
My son attended DDMS & my daughter is in 7th grade. I'm shocked at some of these reviews. The front desk staff is great & the receptionist knows most students by name. Very kind lady. I have also subbed at DDMS & have been impressed with the dedication of teachers I've met. Any group has one or two not so good ones, but overall the teaching staff is exellent. SPAN - is a problem. We have it, please keep it updated. One other issue - the students can be cliquish. This seems to level off mid-7th grade, but was hard for both of my kids at different points.

Davis Drive Middle 3

Posted March 20, 2011
The school is OK. I have come to realize that moving from other states to NC, I need to not have high expectations. It was great to be in a more diverse area and to have that reflected in the schools. However, having children with darker skin, I have had to constantly defend why they should be in academically gifted programs. Communication of school to parents overall is good. Communication between teachers and parents is still low but is improving. Having constant issues with accessing SPAN-great to have but wish we could access it consistently. The whole system seems to focus on acryonyms. If you are new to the system, you need to ask the meanings of the abbreviations all the time. Some short names are not explained. Went to orientation and a notebook was mentioned. I thought it was another school supply item but it turned out to be a discipline tool. Open houses are not what you think they would be. They are only parent-teacher times-bringing other family members is discouraged. Somehow, everyone else seemed to know this.

Davis Drive Middle

Posted October 12, 2010
Caring and competent teachers, dedicated PTA, well-organized building, focus on health and fitness, high academic rating

Davis Drive Middle 1

Posted November 23, 2009
My son attended this school. We moved to North Carolina and selected the Cary area, specifically Davis Drive Schools, only to be sadly disappointed. Our son's needs were not met. The lack of caring and support by his teachers and the principal was so concerning we moved him to private. If you are moving into Wake County and can afford private schooling; my advice: consider it heavily if you want your children to acheive academic excellence.

Davis Drive Middle
2101 Davis Dr, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Davis Drive Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.