Posted August 14, 2014
I can't say enough good things about Penny Road. We have been at Penny for going on 5 years. We were brand new to North Carolina when my son started kindergarten and they welcomed us with open arms. The staff treat my children as they would treat their own and the teachers are some of the best I know. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer throughout the school and we have a top notch PTA that provides excellent programs for our kiddo's. Again, I can't say enough, Penny Road will always be a special place to our family!

Penny Road Elementary 1

Posted August 07, 2014
This school looks ok from the outside but after several years at this school I have experienced very dysfunctional behavior from the principal and vice principal. If you have a child that likes bullying or disrupting the class you are in the right school. Punishment might be a missed recess or a visit to the office but that is about it. If they have a good day they get a reward. Great children who never do anything wrong do not get rewards and be aware that if they are ever caught doing something minor wrong they will be made an example of and punished severely. This principal has no idea how to run a school, knows nothing about the volunteers who spent a good time of their day in the school. She knows nothing about the kids and turns a blind eye if you have a complaint about a teacher.I am glad to be out of there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 04, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this school! My son is head and shoulders above his same age peers & loves Penny Road & his teacher. Parents are very involved & so is the principal. I did my research before transferring to this school, Penny Rd has high test scores, however they do have a special ed and the special ed scores are counted against Penny, so the scores are actually even higher than they appear. Penny also put in a brand new playground this year- it's AMAZING! All & all- I am very happy and looking forward to many more years!

Posted July 22, 2013
My son has attended PRE for the past 3 years and we love it. It is safe, the staff is wonderful and helpful, and the teachers have been outstanding. Parental involvement is high and I have no doubts about sending my soon to be Kinder-kid here.

Posted May 02, 2013
This school is great. The staff, teachers and priniples are all wonderful. This was my son's first year of school and we could not have asked for a better school. If you are fortunate enough to be able to attend Penny Road you should over any other school. We were going to do the year round thing but after visiting Penny Road's open house last year we were impressed so much that we choose to go the Penny Road. Its the BEST!!!!

Posted October 28, 2012
I am extremely happy with Penny Road Elementary again this year. Our teachers are outstanding- always going above and beyond. Our Principal Mary Bohr has introduced a new program called BOOST which is a wonderful addition - additional focus classes at the end of the day- sports & health/ languages/ technology/ cooking- it is AMAZING! Mrs. Bohr dedication to education is impressive and in keeping with the mission of the school - "changing the world - one child at a time"

Posted February 27, 2012
I feel compelled to write a glowing review for Penny Road. This is our second year at PRE and I continue to be highly impressed by the proactive academic differentiation my child has experienced. Before choosing PRE for kindergarten we looked at nearly every school in Wake County from charters to magnets to private schools. Never would I have imagined that the ideal school was in our neighborhood! I knew we would require an above average amount of differentiation and possible subject advancement and honestly had low expectations for what PRE could do (prior to AG placement in 4th grade). With the full support of my child's teachers (both K and 1st), the AG specialist and Principal Bohr, we have made special accommodations for my child to be taught at the correct instructional level. From pullout enrichment groups to separate leveled reading material to subject acceleration, PRE is seriously on top of it. I would highly recommend sending your AG child to PRE and feeling free to open up a dialog with Mrs. Bohr about how to best meet your child's needs. The best part is they are all just SO NICE! Never did I have to "make a case" for support, they have always been proactive! :)

Posted February 25, 2012
I am very satisfied with Penny Road. I have two kids at the school, one with learning disabilities. They are both thriving and have had great teachers every year. I looked at a lot of schools before buying my house and got that warm fuzzy feeling from Penny Road right away. My instincts weren't wrong, my whole family has been very happy there.

Posted February 24, 2012
Having two children in Penny Road has been a fantastic experience for me. One of my children has always needed special accommodations for success and has never been treated as an outsider by the teachers or staff. In fact, they have gone above and beyond in trying to help my child succeed. And, they are just as good at providing challenges to children who have mastered objectives. I am thankful every day for being able to send my children to a school as caring and warm as Penny Road.

Penny Road Elementary 2

Posted February 03, 2012
If your child has any kind of learning difference, this school is not equipped nor does it tolerate children who are not part of the pack. I am looking to transfer my child to a school where patience and trying different ways to reach children are all part of everyday teaching practices. Penny Road is not a good school to send your child in 2012 especially since there are so many great choices available.

Penny Road Elementary
10900 Penny Road, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Penny Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penny Road Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top