Cary, NC

Posted December 05, 2014
I can't say enough wonderful things about this school! The teachers and staff are loving, caring and all-around amazing!! They put 110% into the education of the children entrusted to them and teach them to be not only wonderful students, but God-fearing, Christ-centered individuals who contribute back to society. We are blessed to be a part of the Cary Christian community.

Posted September 30, 2014
My daughter began 9th grade this year at Cary Christian. It has been such a warm, nurturing environment where the teachers and staff inspire their students to strive for academic excellence by encouraging the students to strive for their individual best as opposed to competing with peers. This is truly a place of Christian love and compassion. My daughter said the only real "peer pressure" here is to be kind and Christ like. The kids are so good to one another as they have daily reminders they are loved by Christ and therefore worthy. It seems they don't have to try and impress one another with superficial attempts; they know they matter and every staff member at Cary Christian is there for them with a smile or word of encouragement.

Posted September 23, 2014
We have moved quite a bit and have had a variety of school experiences -- public, private, Montessori, and homeschool. So far, Cary Christian School has been -- by far -- the best in terms of being academically-challenging and also best for character-development and faith-development. I am constantly amazed at the books my kids are given to read, the quality of the writing they produce, and the extensive math and science they learn. They have improved dramatically in the last 2 years at CCS in their academic achievements and abilities. CCS is a wonderful, welcoming community. And as a family who has moved a lot, it has been wonderful to experience the fellowship here like no where else. Every school has its conflicts and every kid has his conflicts...but I appreciate how CCS is teaching my children -- who are certainly no angels! -- how to deal with the people around them. Lastly, I am amazed with how much CCS is covered in sincere and loving prayer. This is a sincere group of people doing their best, remembering that the ultimate goal is to love and teach every child in their classrooms.

Posted June 22, 2014
We came to this school eagerly 6 years ago after home schooling a couple years. As our child advanced in elementary grades, our experience deteriorated. Very disappointed in the leadership of this school over the past few years. Even the teachers seem to have their hands tied. There are some gems of teachers there, but overall the negative experiences outweighs the positive so we've transferred our child elsewhere. Don't assume that bullying won't happen at a Christian, private school! Not only does bullying and other disrespectful behavior happen at CCS, but the school's leaders pass the buck to the students and families to handle it on their own instead of a more proactive approach by the school. They prefer that parents of the bullied child talk directly to the bullies and their families first which in my opinion puts the victim in a vulnerable position since they lose anonymity. Bottom line is that the education and overall experience at CCS isn't worth the money. Sorry to say this, but we feel it's true and that others need to know.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 21, 2014
Had to leave after 5th grade! Practice what you preach doesn't apply after 5th grade. Lack of strong leadership in upper schools. At the "jr. high 6-8" orientation was told that ALL kids receive A grades in electives. How does a principal tell a room of 40 parents who are PAYING for private education that if their kid shows up to class they will get an A? Not many people support the upper schools. Class size goes from about 60 to 45-48 in 9th grade. That really speaks volumes. Numbers don't lie. Kids do not get into top notch colleges. Girls leave in droves as they cater to boys and promote women as home makers. No hands on science classes, no separate math tracks. No American History, just Biblical history. Upper school concentrates on missions and discipleship more so than on Academics. Complaints are brushed off and if you don't like the way they run the school you can leave attitude. It is really sad because the k-5 grades are so good! Wonderful display of Christian love and strong character building in k-5. Grades 6-12 are a complete disappointment.
3 people found this helpful

Cary Christian School 2

Posted April 21, 2014
Found this site today and am happy to see people feel the same way we do. My two children have been at CCS since grade K. Lovely lower school teachers and administration. Quickly after grade 5 the ship sinks. Grades 6-8 lacks leadership. Academics really suffer. Teachers not qualified to teach the subjects they teach. Lots of busy work, but not much meat to curriculum. Science and math classes sub-par. Students transfer out and need tutors to catch up. It is a small school so there are not many electives or opportunities. No advanced tracks. I really do not see how other posters say this school is advanced or rigorous after 5th grade. New Headmaster says the school is service focused and not a college prep school. 18 rising freshman left to go to different high schools last year. School has tried to add to athletics and spent a ton of money to add lights to the football field. Trying to use that to build camaraderie. They should have spent that money on education to keep long attending families like ours enrolled. Sad-as I am on here researching new schools for my children s' HS years. Wish the school would wake up and see the issues they have in the upper school!

Posted April 07, 2014
I was a HS student at CCS, for almost 2 years. There were a couple of good/decent teachers and lots of bad/terrible teachers. I got straight 'A's. Lot's of busy work but very little actual learning. Mostly easy 'A's. Lot's of homework, but just silly stuff, to keep you busy. Like most students at CCS, my study habits were ruined (didn't need to do any better) and I was bored to tears. In the end, I had very little respect for a lazy and unaware administration. Ignore the hype. Don't do this to your kids.

Posted April 07, 2014
Hello That was a really nice post. My daughter is going to 7th Grade next year and she will be attending CCS. I see the mixed reviews about the school and I really wish I could reach out to parents that the school is working for them. She is attending public school now and I feel she is not really getting the education she deserves, and to be honest I would like for her to be in a environment where students share her values that are being taught at home. I'm on the fence, but I have to try something different she a really good student and I don't want her to get lost in the system. Thank you again that was a very positive post.

Cary Christian School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
We've had 2 children at CCS for 5 years. We think it's a great school but take it one year at a time. Yes, it is academically very tough and that's the principle reason many leave. If you want a solid Christian education with college prep type academics this is the school for you. Ask them for their test scores and list of colleges graduates attend. For the price of tuition it's impressive but may not be for everyone. Good luck.

Posted April 06, 2014
Go figure, but, I m not sure how anyone could consider this school academically strong, or tough, or challenging, etc. There s a big difference between academically busy and academically challenging . This school specializes in busy work (read wasting you kid s time). My HS children practically slept through many of their classes and got straight A s (and NO, they re not little geniuses and they don t walk on water maybe a bit above average, academically). People leave (regularly) because they are disgusted with the poor leadership, non-christian environment, and poor (POOR!) teaching.

Cary Christian School