Posted June 22, 2014
We came to this school eagerly 6 years ago after home schooling a couple years. As our child advanced in elementary grades, our experience deteriorated. Very disappointed in the leadership of this school over the past few years. Even the teachers seem to have their hands tied. There are some gems of teachers there, but overall the negative experiences outweighs the positive so we've transferred our child elsewhere. Don't assume that bullying won't happen at a Christian, private school! Not only does bullying and other disrespectful behavior happen at CCS, but the school's leaders pass the buck to the students and families to handle it on their own instead of a more proactive approach by the school. They prefer that parents of the bullied child talk directly to the bullies and their families first which in my opinion puts the victim in a vulnerable position since they lose anonymity. Bottom line is that the education and overall experience at CCS isn't worth the money. Sorry to say this, but we feel it's true and that others need to know.

Posted April 21, 2014
Had to leave after 5th grade! Practice what you preach doesn't apply after 5th grade. Lack of strong leadership in upper schools. At the "jr. high 6-8" orientation was told that ALL kids receive A grades in electives. How does a principal tell a room of 40 parents who are PAYING for private education that if their kid shows up to class they will get an A? Not many people support the upper schools. Class size goes from about 60 to 45-48 in 9th grade. That really speaks volumes. Numbers don't lie. Kids do not get into top notch colleges. Girls leave in droves as they cater to boys and promote women as home makers. No hands on science classes, no separate math tracks. No American History, just Biblical history. Upper school concentrates on missions and discipleship more so than on Academics. Complaints are brushed off and if you don't like the way they run the school you can leave attitude. It is really sad because the k-5 grades are so good! Wonderful display of Christian love and strong character building in k-5. Grades 6-12 are a complete disappointment.

Cary Christian School 2

Posted April 21, 2014
Found this site today and am happy to see people feel the same way we do. My two children have been at CCS since grade K. Lovely lower school teachers and administration. Quickly after grade 5 the ship sinks. Grades 6-8 lacks leadership. Academics really suffer. Teachers not qualified to teach the subjects they teach. Lots of busy work, but not much meat to curriculum. Science and math classes sub-par. Students transfer out and need tutors to catch up. It is a small school so there are not many electives or opportunities. No advanced tracks. I really do not see how other posters say this school is advanced or rigorous after 5th grade. New Headmaster says the school is service focused and not a college prep school. 18 rising freshman left to go to different high schools last year. School has tried to add to athletics and spent a ton of money to add lights to the football field. Trying to use that to build camaraderie. They should have spent that money on education to keep long attending families like ours enrolled. Sad-as I am on here researching new schools for my children s' HS years. Wish the school would wake up and see the issues they have in the upper school!

Posted April 07, 2014
I was a HS student at CCS, for almost 2 years. There were a couple of good/decent teachers and lots of bad/terrible teachers. I got straight 'A's. Lot's of busy work but very little actual learning. Mostly easy 'A's. Lot's of homework, but just silly stuff, to keep you busy. Like most students at CCS, my study habits were ruined (didn't need to do any better) and I was bored to tears. In the end, I had very little respect for a lazy and unaware administration. Ignore the hype. Don't do this to your kids.

Posted April 07, 2014
Hello That was a really nice post. My daughter is going to 7th Grade next year and she will be attending CCS. I see the mixed reviews about the school and I really wish I could reach out to parents that the school is working for them. She is attending public school now and I feel she is not really getting the education she deserves, and to be honest I would like for her to be in a environment where students share her values that are being taught at home. I'm on the fence, but I have to try something different she a really good student and I don't want her to get lost in the system. Thank you again that was a very positive post.

Cary Christian School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
We've had 2 children at CCS for 5 years. We think it's a great school but take it one year at a time. Yes, it is academically very tough and that's the principle reason many leave. If you want a solid Christian education with college prep type academics this is the school for you. Ask them for their test scores and list of colleges graduates attend. For the price of tuition it's impressive but may not be for everyone. Good luck.

Posted April 06, 2014
Go figure, but, I m not sure how anyone could consider this school academically strong, or tough, or challenging, etc. There s a big difference between academically busy and academically challenging . This school specializes in busy work (read wasting you kid s time). My HS children practically slept through many of their classes and got straight A s (and NO, they re not little geniuses and they don t walk on water maybe a bit above average, academically). People leave (regularly) because they are disgusted with the poor leadership, non-christian environment, and poor (POOR!) teaching.

Posted March 31, 2014
This is really not a Christian environment and it's certainly not "excellent" or "fantastic" above the 5th grade. My husband and I cannot figure out how anyone could come up with these glowing reviews for this school. I suppose some "drink the coolaid" more readily than others.

Posted February 27, 2014
CCS is a fantastic school where teachers and administrators are dedicated to teaching a distinctively Christian worldview in all subjects. The course work is academically rigorous from K through 12th and biblically faithful. I couldn't ask for a better school for my kindergarten aged kids. It is the best value for your money in the triangle.

Posted February 03, 2014
We have 3 children in MSl at Cary Christian and couldn't be happier. It is definitely a challenging academic environment, but that's what we want for our children. This is the kindest, most nurturing environment full of warm, empathetic teachers so I can't imagine how anyone would have such a polar opposite experience than what we have had. Some of the comments here seem...from out in left field, honestly. Some people just have a problem with Christian schools I reckon. But this has been such a blessing for our family. We could finally find peace knowing that our children were in a safe, respectful and loving environment. The staff and teachers not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. It is inspiring and motivating for both the kids and the parents. Its not a big school, but its big enough to have many competitive sports options and arts electives. There are enough kids that they can find a like-minded set of friends, but not so big that they get lost. We have tried public and private in this area, and this has definitely been the right fit for us. That said, you have to be ready and willing to follow the rules. We knew what were signing up for and couldn't be happier.

Contact Information

1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513

School website

Cary Christian School
1330 Old Apex Rd, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Cary Christian School is a private school that serves grades K-12
Cary Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.