Posted July 19, 2013
My youngest child just graduated. Older children attended private high schools. Incoming parents, please note that although GH is a highly rated school, it is still a PUBLIC high school with 2200 students. Due to budgetary cuts, GH staff has been cut significantly since my child arrived in 9th grade. Take this into account when you interact with teachers and staff. My child had 2 lousy teachers, 2 outstanding teachers, and a bunch of pretty good ones. Counselors especially carry a huge workload. Your child may not get much attention until senior year when college applications are prepared. But they will get the help they need if you work with the staff politely and reasonably. Remember, if you want the same personal attention parents and students receive at Cary Academy, Cardinal Gibbons, and Ravenscroft, you'll have to pay for it.

Posted April 23, 2013
We are looking to move from Texas to the area and are deciding on schools. Any updated information?

Posted June 30, 2012
For those moving to the triangle area, Green Hope is arguably the best public high school in the state for both academics and athletics. They just won the statewide Wells Fargo Cup (4A) for athletic excellence - and you can see here their academic ratings (top in this area). I will have two graduates soon and both have had great experiences at Green Hope.

Posted June 15, 2012
A good school is one with good teachers, good parents and good students. GHHS has all these three in place. So now it all depends on you (the student) how to make use of the available resources and in turn bring good name to GHHS. We are also planning to move to GHHS from CA.

Posted June 09, 2012
Hello I need help I am a student living in California right now and I am going to be a Freshman. Should I move to GHHS? Or not? And why? Help please!

Posted December 02, 2011
Mostly good teachers, but my daughter, who is a senior, has had some really bad ones, especially her chemistry teacher. Not too impressed with the principal.

Posted August 10, 2011
I have been impressed with Green Hope High School since arriving in Cary, North Carolina almost 4 years ago. As I now have both a rising Senior and an incoming Freshman, I can attest to the school's overall professionalism, academic acheivements and excellent services. The faculty at Green Hope is "top notch" and clearly dedicated to the students.

Green Hope High 2

Posted June 22, 2011
I am a current student at GHHS, and I do agree with many of the other reviews that it is a decent school. Yet, there are still many unenthusiastic and honestly, depressing teachers that teach here. I would say out of my 16 teachers that I have had, so far six have been very good, while at least five have not only been incompetent in their subject, but refused to teach and where blatantly disrespectful and used biased grading with the students because they hated their jobs. Green hope is known for excellent test scores, but what most don't know is that there is a percentage of students that does so well that it inflates the average and poor students scores. The school does not look to improve their lower scoring students scores very often. If a student wants to succed in the top half of the class, a tutor outside of school is positively mandatory.The pressure and competition here is insane, while the school lacks any positive reinforcement or incentives to students, or even any inspiration. The student body knows that we are more well off than some i'n economically challenged areas, but that's no excuse for the poor education I feel I am still receiving.

Posted June 16, 2010
This school is fantastic. Interesting teachers, great students. My son had a teacher that held AP History review in the evening for those who were taking the exam. This was on his own time. Great communication from the principal as well. It rivels any private school.

Green Hope High 0

Posted April 22, 2010
I attend Green Hope and in my opinion its the best school around. You really cant bash it for drugs/ alcohol or sex. Thats just all high schools. Even private school's its an issue. Its just kids being kids not the school's fault. They do come down very hard on anyone they catch. The school police officer is the best ive ever met and with some of the finest teacher's around. The kids are all pretty well behaved. At neighboring school Panther Creek 8 fights have been had since the year began. At green hope 2 have happened and none of the fighters had been hurt. The faculty had broken them up before they became serious. Its honestly a clean, strict, well run school
2 people found this helpful

Green Hope High
2500 Carpenter Upchurch Road, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Green Hope High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Hope High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top