Cary, NC
Students enrolled: 2,197

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 08, 2015
They all graduated from very good North Carolina Colleges and they are very in tune with the kids.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 08, 2015
The homework and projects are just enough to get them prepared for college! Definitely enough

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 08, 2015
Principal Summers cares about those kids! She was my daughters principal at Davis Drive Middle school and then my son's principal at GHHS, and he LOVED her.

Posted June 08, 2015
My son just graduated this weekend and he loved this school!! We are the minority in this area and he's never had a bad moment and never been bullied or picked on. He absolutely LOOVED Principal Summers!! He said out of his 13 years of school, she was the only principal that he felt cared about the students. She is very involved and talked to them not at them. I hope she stays that way. Green Hope is THE BEST SCHOOL in North Carolina!

Posted July 19, 2013
My youngest child just graduated. Older children attended private high schools. Incoming parents, please note that although GH is a highly rated school, it is still a PUBLIC high school with 2200 students. Due to budgetary cuts, GH staff has been cut significantly since my child arrived in 9th grade. Take this into account when you interact with teachers and staff. My child had 2 lousy teachers, 2 outstanding teachers, and a bunch of pretty good ones. Counselors especially carry a huge workload. Your child may not get much attention until senior year when college applications are prepared. But they will get the help they need if you work with the staff politely and reasonably. Remember, if you want the same personal attention parents and students receive at Cary Academy, Cardinal Gibbons, and Ravenscroft, you'll have to pay for it.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 23, 2013
We are looking to move from Texas to the area and are deciding on schools. Any updated information?

Posted June 30, 2012
For those moving to the triangle area, Green Hope is arguably the best public high school in the state for both academics and athletics. They just won the statewide Wells Fargo Cup (4A) for athletic excellence - and you can see here their academic ratings (top in this area). I will have two graduates soon and both have had great experiences at Green Hope.

Posted June 15, 2012
A good school is one with good teachers, good parents and good students. GHHS has all these three in place. So now it all depends on you (the student) how to make use of the available resources and in turn bring good name to GHHS. We are also planning to move to GHHS from CA.

Posted June 09, 2012
Hello I need help I am a student living in California right now and I am going to be a Freshman. Should I move to GHHS? Or not? And why? Help please!

Posted December 02, 2011
Mostly good teachers, but my daughter, who is a senior, has had some really bad ones, especially her chemistry teacher. Not too impressed with the principal.

2500 Carpenter Upchurch Road, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Green Hope High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Hope High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top