Reedy Creek Elementary 2

Posted May 26, 2014
This school is terrible my daughter teachers are rude and judgmental. Also when my daughter was being bullied and told the assistant principal she acted like she could care less that she was getting bullied. I will not be sending my children here next year.

Reedy Creek Elementary 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I am very disappointed with Reedy Creek this year. I don't feel that my child is getting a stellar education here (maybe in part due to new common core standards). My child has attended this school for 4 years, and had 4 teachers.One was great, great, great! Very engaging, and seemed to understand the kids. We loved her and our child thrived (2nd grade). 2 teachers were average. I didn't love them, but there was nothing majorly "wrong" with them either. Their attitude and style was maybe a bit more suited for older kids (very drill sargeant like, even the Kindergarten teacher), but my child still did well. This year though, has pushed us over the edge. His teacher has been HORRIBLE. Rude, rude, rude to all students in the class (not just mine). Other staff can be extremely "short" with the kids as well. There's been a significant turn over in staff as well- which is curious. We are chosing to switch schools for next year. While i can understand getting an occassional bad teacher, it is a trend- an "air" to the environemt there. Oustanding teachers and staff are an exception there, not the norm.

Posted October 10, 2013
Amazing school I highly recommend it I can not get over the great leadership and involvement.

Posted June 14, 2013
I have a child who had an IEP - she attended fourth and fifth grades at RCE. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr. Evans, the former Principal. He was absolutely wonderful. Unequivocally the best Principal I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Fortunately, for RM, he will be their new Principal. My daughter had the most wonderful "Resource Teachers" any parent could ask for. Mrs. Fetner treated my child as if she were one of her own. She is an asset to the school. Mrs. Malek was also a wonderful teacher. They maintained regular contact with me, keeping me up-to-date on how my child was doing. They made recommendations and tweaked her curriculum as needed. I could go on and on about how great this school is...

Reedy Creek Elementary 4

Posted September 18, 2012
Mr. Evans is what makes this school so great, best principal my 4 kids have ever had. Out of all the years my kids have been going to this school not once have we had a bad teacher. Keep up the good work!

Posted March 24, 2011
My 3 kids went here last year and they loved this school. I thought the principal, Mr. Evans, is an amazing principal who really cares about the students by getting to their level through incentive programs such as earning "frogs" for good class behavior. He was willing to dress up like Hannah Montana, have ice cream with the kids, or sing songs with them. This is a perfect example of a great educator who wants a high morale for the students and community. I can't say enough great things. Out of the many schools my kids went to, I found him to be the best principal. Also, the teachers (1st and 5th) were excellent. Great communication and provided fun activities for the students.

Reedy Creek Elementary 1

Posted March 24, 2011
Avoid the CCK program at this school if at all possible. The program at this particular school has been problematic for several parents in the past. The classroom environment is unorganized and did not prepare my child for mainstream entry.

Posted September 05, 2008
I relocated to this area from the N.E and my son thinks this school is great as does I. The teachers are great and all administrators. great communication at Reedy Creek Elem.

Reedy Creek Elementary 0

Posted September 04, 2008
I love this school its gearing up and going on the right direction. Teachers are working hard with these kids and steering them all at the right direction.

Posted April 27, 2008
My daughters love the school and there teachers. The teachers always keep in touch with the parents.

Reedy Creek Elementary
940 Reedy Creek Road, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Reedy Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reedy Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top