Cary, NC

Posted July 07, 2013
My assertive child excelled both academically and socially, while my less assertive child did not get the attention needed from teachers or mix well with the large number of highly assertive/ more aggressive kids. The teachers use a lot of class time redirecting these kids. The gifted program looks to the CogAt and ITBS tests for placement. I highly recommend tutoring BEORE these tests to fully expose your child to the broader subject content. The level of AIG placement matters-very strong, strong, etc. This placement can determine whether your child takes advanced classes. There are some great teachers, average teachers and frankly some very poor teachers at GHE. Write a letter to the principal asking for a teacher with the qualities that suit your child's learning style best. If you don't know the best teachers, find out which teachers the children of the PTA board have. The PTA is strong at GHE and there is a lot of parental involvement. The principal is friendly and seems to care about the kids. If you have a negative experience - go to the principal and advocate for your child. For less assertive children, I would suggest private or charter schools with smaller class sizes.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2011
My daughter goes to this school... Mrs. Fornaro is the best !! She loves going to school..

Green Hope Elementary 3

Posted May 30, 2011
We went to the Cary Park adjacent to Green Hope to use the facilities. At the same time several classes were also using the equipment, 4th and 1st grades. We were quite surprised to see teachers sitting on benches, talking amongst themselves, or reading instead of watching and interacting with the children during recess. There were several children preventing anyone attempting to use the playground equipment from doing so, yet no teacher even noticed because the teacher responsible was literally 50 feet from the kids. I just expected that during recess teachers were mingling with the kids, not standing at a distance talking and reading. It was disappointing.

Posted October 24, 2010
Because my children love it - They are happy , engaged learners at a great school!

Posted January 12, 2010

Posted May 24, 2009
When my son first started Kindergarten I was not too excited about the school. But, since he has started I've come around. I really appreciate all the parent involvement. (The level in my son's class is astonishing!) I also appreciate that the teachers treat all (not just gifted or struggling) the kids with age appropriate learning opportunities.

Posted August 21, 2008

Green Hope Elementary 0

Posted January 08, 2008
We attended this school last year. My child had a horrible teacher. She had gifted students grade her papers. Papers sent home had many errors on them. My child brought home many of her work papers that had completely wrong answers that were never graded. This school is very overrated! The principal lacks leadership and does not respect parents.

Green Hope Elementary 3

Posted October 11, 2007
We moved to Cary this summer and are new to Green Hope this year. So far, I have been more impressed by the teacher's aides and lunch room helpers than the teacher. She doesn't teach the children the 'basics' but instead is teaching towards the 'No Child Left Behind' test. My child went from being at the top of her class (in the state we moved from) to struggling with almost everything on a daily basis. Keep in mind, my frustrations are with this one teacher and not the school as a whole.

Posted July 06, 2007

Green Hope Elementary
2700 Louis Stephens Drive, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Green Hope Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Hope Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top