Cary, NC

Posted May 02, 2015
I have two children completing their first year at Chesterbrook Cary and we could not be happier. The principal and vice principal are personable, approachable and seem to love what they are doing. Classes are small, the learning is hands on and the teachers are constantly assessing the children's strengths and weaknesses to provide the appropriate level of work.

Posted February 08, 2015
The school went through a change in leadership recently and I could not be happier with the principal and and assistant principal in place now! The teachers are supportive and and do an amazing job of tailoring the material to each child's needs. Couldn't imagine having my child anywhere else for elementary school!

Posted February 05, 2015
I wanted to post a review since some of the reviews here are from a while ago. Next year will be our 3rd year at Chesterbrook with 1 child in preschool and 1 in elementary. We absolutely LOVE this school, the teachers are very passionate, the focus is definitely on learning while also providing an environment where kids feel loved. In the past couple years, we have a new Asst. Principal and the prior Asst. Principal became the new principal. The leadership, admin staff and teachers all are very receptive to discussions with parents and available to help. We love this school and plan to stay here Preschool - 5th grade!

Posted September 04, 2013
This is our second year at Chesterbrook, and we couldn't be happier. The staff is excellent and tailors the curriculum to the level of intensity the students are capable of and our son is challenged to do his best. We are so impressed.

Posted March 26, 2012
Great school. My daughter has been attending since Kindergarten and we have just enrolled her again for 4th grade. Teachers are very good and caring. Class size is small. We are a multiracial family and the school is very, very diverse which was important to us. The school has PE twice a week and they have a paved blacktop and huge soccer field. My child is very active so having a large area for physical activity was important to us. Spanish is mandatory, technology, music and art too. We had a bit of trouble with my daughter adjusting to the demands of 3rd grade. Met with teacher and principle. Staff was very accessible and listened to our concerns. Again great school! We are not fans of Wake County Public schools because of the constant student reassignment, so we are happy to have found Chesterbrook!

Posted February 03, 2012
Outstanding school with unbelievable teachers that are willing to individualize instruction. Yes, the school is pricy, but it's worth every penny in my book!

Chesterbrook Academy 3

Posted December 15, 2011
Overall an okay school. Facilities are good. The previous principal who left last year was great. Unsure about the new principal. Teaching staff is good. Academics are okay but we are contemplating a move to a public school (Davis Elementary) next year. Not getting enough benefit to justify the amount of money we are spending.

Chesterbrook Academy 2

Posted May 30, 2011
Chesterbrook is struggling in multiple areas and as a result I have decided to send my daughter to public school next year. There is no strong leadership within the school, several of the teachers are sub par and I have yet to see anything "challenging" about their academic programs.

Posted March 13, 2010
I feel that the quality of my child's education is far superior to their friends that attend other, even private, schools. The expectations are set high, and the teachers are unbelievable. This is the only school that I would want my child to attend.

Posted October 27, 2009
Great school, great teachers and staff. you can't ask for more.

Chesterbrook Academy