Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The special-education teachers in this school are awesome.

Amount of homework: Agree

I'm not a big supporter of homework. My daughter has some, my son seems like maybe a little much.

When Cedar Fork failed, Carpenter excelled. I like the administration at this school, especially the Principal and Vice-Principal. They are both incredibly approachable and caring.

Schools are not perfect places. The Vice Principal at Carpenter along with the teachers and office staff are extremely caring. When problems arise they will communicate and genuinely care to solve it. I feel great knowing that my son goes to school where they care about him as well as his development.

We have been thrilled with our experience at Carpenter. My son's teacher really cares and I've seen her work through lunch to provide a quality experience for the students. My kindergartener is reading, writing, doing math and writing computer code. We have also been pleased with the diversity and how the teacher has encouraged mutually respectful relationships with all the students.

This school has a lot of young teachers as all the old/experience teachers have left for other schools. And it's true that some teachers are being prejudice on minority students no matter how hard the minority student work. Minority students are being picked base on their skin color not their outstanding work in anyway they can. Reading too much bad news on the internet have made a great influence on these teacher's judgement on these minority kids. Minority living in America, paying high tax like everyone else,support the government, contribute good work to the society, but still not get the same treatment as other white kids at school.

I'm not happy with the lack of respect for minorities. Its harder for them to get equal grades at this school. Teachers judge minority students as being worse then other students. Then, when a minority student talks even though other students are talking, the minority students gets into trouble, not the other students. This has happened to us on more than one occasion. In addition, there is favoritism and usually happens with the white rich children. The parents of these children get notices about current events and get photos sent home. Parents of minority students do not have this same treatment. Discrimination still happening, just quieter with no accountability.

My son is in kg n started in this school since February 2014. Amazed at the way the staffs, teachers n vice principal guided us through made it a cakewalk to the transition for us and my kid.

Has anyone wondered why the test scores have dramatically dropped in 2013? This schools used to have the best in the nation. Now, they are horrible.

We have been at Carpenter for a little over 2 years now and we are VERY happy here. My children are challenged and the teachers hold high expectations for academic work and behavior. Carpenter has the feeling of a "community school" as everyone is friendly. It is very normal to see the Principal and Assistant Principal out and about in the hallways and classrooms...always smiling and greeting the children, parents, and visitors. The front office staff is very helpful and attentive. Carpenter seems to have a diverse and worldly population. "Camp Chameleon" is an incredible outdoor classroom. The children are well supervised throughout the day. The Media Center Teacher is amazing and an absolutely phenomenal educator. I know other schools have "higher" test scores but my children have thrived at Carpenter (upper and lower grades) due to the teachers challenging them. The PTA has a lot of fun and always welcomes new parents into planning and participating throughout the year.

Last modified Carpenter Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.