Posted May 20, 2014
I'm not happy with the lack of respect for minorities. Its harder for them to get equal grades at this school. Teachers judge minority students as being worse then other students. Then, when a minority student talks even though other students are talking, the minority students gets into trouble, not the other students. This has happened to us on more than one occasion. In addition, there is favoritism and usually happens with the white rich children. The parents of these children get notices about current events and get photos sent home. Parents of minority students do not have this same treatment. Discrimination still happening, just quieter with no accountability.

Posted May 02, 2014
My son is in kg n started in this school since February 2014. Amazed at the way the staffs, teachers n vice principal guided us through made it a cakewalk to the transition for us and my kid.

Carpenter Elementary 3

Posted March 01, 2014
Has anyone wondered why the test scores have dramatically dropped in 2013? This schools used to have the best in the nation. Now, they are horrible.

Posted October 17, 2012
We have been at Carpenter for a little over 2 years now and we are VERY happy here. My children are challenged and the teachers hold high expectations for academic work and behavior. Carpenter has the feeling of a "community school" as everyone is friendly. It is very normal to see the Principal and Assistant Principal out and about in the hallways and classrooms...always smiling and greeting the children, parents, and visitors. The front office staff is very helpful and attentive. Carpenter seems to have a diverse and worldly population. "Camp Chameleon" is an incredible outdoor classroom. The children are well supervised throughout the day. The Media Center Teacher is amazing and an absolutely phenomenal educator. I know other schools have "higher" test scores but my children have thrived at Carpenter (upper and lower grades) due to the teachers challenging them. The PTA has a lot of fun and always welcomes new parents into planning and participating throughout the year.

Posted July 18, 2012
We have been at Carpenter for almost 6 years now and ALL three of our children have thrived both academically and socially. They have also received wonderful emotional support from all the staff at Carpenter. We could not have asked for more from this school. The teachers our children have had each year have truly had their best individual interests at heart for each one of the students. I witness this first hand on a weekly basis x5+ years. I hope we will continue to have the positive support we have to keep Carpenter the great school it is now and has been. Also, I want to mention that all of my children's teachers have always gone above and beyond to keep us informed as well as address any concerns, questions we have had right away. I highly recommend Carpenter Elementary.

Posted June 09, 2012
I have been extremely happy at Carpenter for the past two years. The kindergarten and first grade teachers on track 3 are incredible! They love and treat their students with respect while challenging them academically. They also have wonderful communication with parents and let me get involved. My children love going to school each day and have learned so much. Other teachers and staff know their names and share stories with me when they see me in carpool, in the hallway or at school events. My children are happy and have grown so much while at Carpenter in so many ways. We could have chosen a closer school to home with a very good reputation as well, but heard such wonderful things about Carpenter and they have all been true and more. We couldn t imagine ever leaving Carpenter if things run as perfect as they have in our first two years.

Carpenter Elementary 1

Posted April 21, 2012
This school does not manage children with disabilities well. There is no nurse there. The secretary gives all medication and she is not extensively knowledgeable. My son's kindergarten teacher doesn't communicate to other teacher's that my son has asthma and requires special needs. This causes teachers to neglect him when he is experiencing pain and can't breath which happened at least three times in a month. Also, I am already having to drive him back and forth to school because the bus comes so late some days that he arrives one hour after school is dismissed because his bus group is stuck in the cafeteria waiting for a bus to deliver one group of children and then come back for the rest. I am hoping that the next few weeks will be better for my child with special needs because I can't do anything about how the faculty treats my child at the school when I am not at the school. I have already had to remove his medication from school. In addition, the teacher is now starting to treat my son negatively different.

Posted April 20, 2012
Love this school. Think the staff is great and the Outdoor Science Center is a great resource!

Posted February 25, 2012
After being at carpenter for five years, the choice plan finally gave me a way out. The school is not the worse but it is not the quality of learning environment I seek for my two kids. I have a child that is graduating this year and I question the preparation this school provided for the middle school years. This has prompted my family to pull my second child out going into second next year. overall, I have to agree with the comment that mentioned the lower grades provided a better quality of education at this school than the upper grades. Some of the teachers are great but there are many more that lack motivation. Technology is not really encouraged or used by the teachers. Most of the teachers don't have websites or lack the technology know how.

Posted February 16, 2012
The school's PTA and core group of volunteers are working hard to make this a great school.There are some WONDERFUL teachers there that are offset by many uninspired ones. I hope it improves.

Carpenter Elementary
2100 Morrisville Parkway, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Carpenter Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carpenter Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.