Posted May 22, 2014
we love this school. Dr Chisnall is responsive and always working hard to continue to improve the school and the staff is supportive. The teachers have all been great too.

Posted March 25, 2014
My daughters are 7th graders at East Cary Middle School and we could not be more pleased with the Principal, teachers and staff at the school. When choosing this school (which is not our base school, but our calendar option), we were very selective. We were looking for a school with a strong and supportive administration, dedicated staff, strong academics, and lots of elective and club choices. We found all this and more at East Cary. My daughters enjoy going to school, have teachers that help them stay focused and they have made lots of friends. I attribute that to the "no nonsense" environment that the Principal has established.

Posted February 11, 2014
My child is a 7th grader at ECMS. We looked at several magnet schools when he was entering middle school and decided to go with East Cary instead and are happy we did. The principal is outstanding and there's a lot of school pride. Transition to middle school was very easy. My son has had several really amazing teachers. I was concerned about AG services going in, but between single subject acceleration and in-class differentiation we've been happy on the whole with AG. I'm not hearing about any bullying and my son is happy to go to school except that it starts so early. We've had a couple of so-so classes (Spanish most notably) but I know there's no perfect school. We're glad we chose East Cary and our younger child will go here too.

Posted September 08, 2013
Switched to this school from dillard for 7th grade. I loved it for all the time I went! Only priblem: Some students are a little judgemental Otherwise, amazing school and best in the area!

Posted August 30, 2013
My daughter started 6th grade here this year, and the transition to middle school has been very smooth. She is excited to be at a STEM school, and has already seen the benefit of this. Bullying and meaness can be a problem among this age group, but there is no sign of bullying or discipline problems at this school. Also, we love the year-round schedule.

Posted August 14, 2013
East Cary Middle School is the best school in the district. The principal has transformed ECMS into a school for caring and compassionate leaders. There was a group of children on the bus who were bullying my child. We informed the principal about this, and he immediately kicked the children off campus. My child's teachers are very kind and keep on sending e-mails every every Friday telling what is going on in the school. The kids are also very respectful and obedient. This school's S.T.E.M. program has helped the students significantly in their careers. S.T.E.M has bought many initatives to the school: Science Olyampiad, Career Fair, Science Fair, S.T.E.M electives, and allowed students to get their own Samsung Galaxy S2 tablets. I would like you parents to know that overall ECMS is a very High quality school and it is greatly worth the act of sending your child to this wonderful East Cary. Go ECMS IMPS!

Posted August 13, 2013
l love being a student at ECMS! Here there isn't a lot of bullying (as far as know) and a wide variety of skill level classes. For example, some 7th graders are in 8th grade classes, along with some extra help classes. Also, there are STEM electives once in awhile that students can have fun, and learn about the things they want to advance in when they are older. By that, mean there are STEM electives that may align to your future job. You get to pick what STEM you wish to have, but even though you might not get that STEM, our students counselors will try there hardest to get it for you. Lunch is great, they provide a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, while also providing "Red Baron" pizza Monday through Thursday for an extra 50 cents then your average entr e. would recommend trying to get your child into track 4. t has the best teachers, and the best track-out times. During Christmas, our break merges with Christmas break- thus, we get a five and a half week long break. That's all have to say! My name is Ryan, I'm an 8th grader on Track 4, here at ECMS. P.S. We have a new principle, so please disregard any bad ratings revolving around her. -Written by a Student

Posted May 20, 2013
We have been at ECMS for one year and it has been a great year ! We are so grateful that we get to be in a STEM school that has so many things going for them. The whole 6th grade has new tablets that they get to take home and use daily in their classroom. How awesome is that!! The teachers there are unlike any I have seen anywhere else! From a small middle school that had room to grow to an amazing middle school that students from all over Cary and trying to get into..... I am so THANKFUL to be a parent of a student at East Cary Middle !!

East Cary Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
for the first year or so my daughter was fine, then she hit the 8th grade (2002-2003) and had some minor problems with bullying. the principal allowed known bullies to remain on campus and di nothing about it. they did nothing about it, in spite numerous trips to the school and phone calls. hopefully they have gotton their act together since then.

Posted December 16, 2012
My daughter transferred in from Wake Leadership Academy, and East Cary has been a wonderful experience for her. In a matter of weeks, she learned to play clarinet thanks to a wonderful band director, has a story every day about something interesting she learned, and is constantly working on school projects that she is excited about. Her teachers seem very enthusiastic and involved, and the children seem very polite and well-behaved- a noticeable change from the last school. The office staff and principal seem to know all the kids, and I couldn't be more thrilled that her transition was so easy. She is excited to go to school every day, feels appreciated for her hard work, is learning a lot, and has a group of sweet friends. What more could I ask for?

East Cary Middle School
1111 SE Maynard Rd, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified East Cary Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Cary Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.