Cary, NC

Posted March 18, 2014
HDE offers a lot of positive things, including a solid understanding and commitment to core instruction. However, it lacks in quality of its special classes and few extracurricular clubs compared to surrounding elementary schools. Although the principal exhibits strong leadership and the school boasts an active PTA, the front office presents an unfriendly and almost negative first impression of the culture of the school. More positive presences would be welcome in a children's learning environment.

Posted October 09, 2013
I like the school very much ,it has lot of good qualities to tell about the school.The number one about the school is it has good rating about from the beginning of the school and the other is good teachers and the principal who monitors the school very good rating and even the parents also show the same responsibility.they even has good reputation for the high croft school.My son likes the school which is so important as a parent,

Posted August 23, 2013
Highcroft Elementary School has done a phenomenal job preparing my child for middle school. A great neighborhood school with a strong sense of community, the teachers build strong study habits in the children and a love for learning. Couldn't be more pleased.

Posted July 31, 2013
I had to contact the school to fix a messup the school has made to my son. Both the front desk and the assistant principal were not helpful at all. Very disappointed. It seems the school has a serious issue with the management.

Posted March 08, 2013
Our daughter went through Highcroft Drive Elementary and has been on a great trajectory ever since, with top honors through middle school and now also as ninth grade in high school. Our son is currently in 1st grade and we still feel both the school and community are excellent.

Highcroft Elementary 1

Posted May 08, 2012
Horrible School.If your child has any kind of disablity do not consider this one at all.My son had a speech issue and was shoved in the class for autism where the teachers were too occoupied with the ones that created trouble than to really pay attention to what my son was doing.We had to get private speech /OT as the school hardly did any at all.The teachers had NO idea what my son could do and continue to label him as "borderline functioning".Luckily he aged out of the class in 2 years and is now in private school in regular class with no issues all.run away in the opposite direction if this one is offered to you !

Posted September 28, 2011
Our daughter attended Kindergarten at HDE. We loved the area and the whole "neighborhood school" concept. We actually liked the year round school, at that time. I believe that they are on a single track program now. Unfortunately, my daughter had 3 different teachers during her Kindergarten year. Although, it was beyond anyone's control, we were very disappointed. The principal did not communicate very well and was just not available. For example, when my daughter started first grade in San Antonio, they had to transfer her teacher after the first week, due to decrease class numbers, which meant she would have a new first grade teacher. Although, I was very upset at first, it was only the first week of school. I received a phone call directly from the principal AND the counselor spoke to the students!! At HDE, my daughter had her first teacher for almost 6 mos, 2nd for about the same time. We only received a letter stating that she would be having a new teacher. We have since moved to San Antonio, Texas, and have been more than impressed with the principal and teacher involvement, which I didn't feel we had at HDE.

Posted May 23, 2010
Sorry, I have had kids in the school for several years and am underwhelmed. The academics each year have been pretty far behind what the above average kid should be able to do. They do have an Academically gifted program for those supposedly at the top (but it was not a big deal), but they have nothing for the bright or above average kids. I had to supplement my children's education to overcome the schools academic weakness. I think that this is a school where the kids-of-moderately-well-to-do-professionals go. (There are many indian kids that are really at the top of their classes.) If you are a professional and don't mind having to push your bright child to study outside the school, you can do worse than this, safe, well maintained, shiny new school attended by well-off kids. Don't kid yourself though. For top academics, try Endeavor or Magellan Charter Schools.

Posted April 30, 2010
We love this school. Having come from CT, we're finding that our kids are challenged here. This must be a good indication for this school system because we came from a very highly rated school back home. It's been 2 years and the kids are well adjusted and love their school. Mrs. Hughes is efficient and level headed. We've always felt our kids are in good and loving hands.

Posted April 06, 2010
Our two children have attended Highcroft since they were in Kindergarten. One is now in 4th grade, the other is in 2nd. We have been extremely happy with our school. The teachers are kind and effective. The staff, including the principal, are friendly and helpful. No complaints here!

Highcroft Elementary
5415 Highcroft Drive, Cary, NC  27519
Last modified Highcroft Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highcroft Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top