Posted May 18, 2014
Our child attended Hopewell Academy for 3 years. During that time our routine went from not wanting to go to school to going and participating not only during school but in after school activities. We found the teachers to be experienced and to take a personal interest in us. Class room size was kept small enough that individual attention could be incorporated to ensure understanding of subject matter. As a parent we go involved and still have what are life long friends as part of the Hopewell experience.

Posted May 14, 2014
Hopewell Academy has been an excellent experience for our student. The teachers are outstanding and go out of their way to help the students. The founder of the school and dean are dedicated to the students and providing a challenging academic environment. The High school students have been given opportunities to visit area colleges, tour local companies, and have worked on projects such as improving the outdoor areas of the school. Our student has been able to participate in many sports teams over the years and enjoyed electives like art, yearbook and photography. We are thankful to have chosen Hopewell Academy 5 years ago. It was the best choice for our student who loves school and is thriving there.

Posted May 10, 2014
I graduated from Hopewell Academy and would like to say the the staff and founder of the school will give you more opportunities than anywhere else. The career path that I chose was in the auto industry and at the beginning of the second quarter of my junior year a teacher helped me gain a Tuesday and Thursday internship at Atlantic Tire Co. and that did nothing but help me down the road. It's a great atmosphere to be in and the teaching styles have suited many kids that have gone through that school. I started in eighth grade and finished my senior year there. I can guarantee that a child can make it through that school without being "simply moved ahead" or "bullied" as I have seen in the other reviews. Not once was I bullied or moved on to a higher grade. You face the same academic challenge at this school the same as any other except for the fact that there are smaller classrooms and if needed a student can receive personal attention whether they have trouble figuring out a math problem to figuring out how to improve a jump shot on the basketball court. Once you become a student there you become part of a small community of friends. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Hopewell Academy 3

Posted May 06, 2014
I posted an honest review previously, but the truth hurt too many feelings; therefore, I am replacing it with this review.

Posted May 02, 2014
As a parent I am very happy to see how my high school student has been excelling both academically and socially at Hopewell. A smaller school has given him the opportunity to shine.

Posted April 18, 2014
Hopewell is a great school! Besides the fact of bullying. The teachers are well qualified, and very professional. The only problem is bullying. The school does NOTHING. I would do your research on this school before coming here. I would recommend this school, but STAY ALERT FOR BULLYING!!!!

Hopewell Academy 1

Posted January 14, 2014
If you would like your child to simply be moved on to the next grade without the knowledge and skills that he requires to succeed, then send your child to Hopewell. You will be paying (dearly) to have your child moved on. This school does not provide a college preparatory education for your child. Our child was not challenged, but simply moved along. Sadly, most of children that attend Hopewell do so because they would not survive in the public school environment, and for that reason they attend Hopewell. Do not be fooled into thinking that if these children and their parents had any other choice in schooling, they would still attend Hopewell. Very disappointed.

Posted November 22, 2013
My family and I are glad we enrolled in Hopewell. Hopewell Academy has lived up to our expectations in every way. Our daughter is safe, happily engaged in challenging high school classes, and planning for her college visits this year with the school counselor. Like the rest of her classmates she scored 3 years above grade level on her Iowa Tests and scored above average on her PSAT and SATs. With high number of returning students and faculty members and a rock solid principal, Hopewell is clearly moving forward. Everyone is glad that several families and their children did not return. Those children and their parents will not be missed.

Posted October 14, 2013
This school is outstanding!!!! I have seen my son go from a student with anxiety who school was a nightmare for, to a confident student with a love of going to school. Seeing his grades just keep improving every semester is amazing. His confidence and peace is what all parents want. The teachers are outstanding. They personalize the learning to each student's needs and are totally focused on every student being successful. For the first time for me, this is a true partnership between a school and parents to make our child be the best he can be. I spent years being fobbed off by schools because my child's learning style does not conform to the very narrow definition used today. This is how all children should be taught - because we all learn differently. The smaller teacher to student ratio is a blessing. I encourage parents looking for a better school to go visit and see for themselves.

Posted October 14, 2013
Hopewell has exceeded my expectations for three years running. In the past my child had been struggling with school and we just were not finding anything that helped. We went through three public schools, tutoring, and another private school with declining results. We saw an immediate improvement after our child came to Hopewell. The staff is great and really know what they are doing. We now have a very happy child who's grades and learning experience are all we could hope for.

Contact Information

101 Preston Executive Drive
Cary, NC 27513

School website

Hopewell Academy
101 Preston Executive Drive, Cary, NC  27513
Last modified Hopewell Academy is a private school that serves grades 4-11
Hopewell Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.