5-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Hopewell Academy has changed greatly for the better this yer. There is a new principal in place who has years of experience with the Wake County School System as principal and vice principal. He is so excited about being able to grow this school and to serve the patents and students in whatever way is needed.. Ignore all the negative comment from before this comment.. A lot has changed and will change. Several new teachers have been added to the well qualified teachers already there. You will like what you find at this school particularly for the child who needs a lot of "HANDS ON" help. The students seem to get along well with each other given the diversity of the backgrounds. There is a sports director/health teacher and an English is a second language teacher. He also teaches Spanish. This school provides a warm and friendly atmosphere. I have been made to feel very welcome in the school when I stop by. The teachers seem to care very much about the children and the school. Hopewell Academy has acquired a new building in North Cary which is being remodeled and up fitted for a larger school. to open next year(2017).

I have tried many schools and school systems over the years with mixed results. At Hopewell they have the most talented group of teachers I have ever seen in one place. The school system also allows the teachers to be very dynamic and personalized in their teaching approach. I am also delighted with the atmosphere of the school campus as the students are respectful and compassionate with each other. I could not be more pleased!

More people need to know Hopewell Academy is truly a great school. My son joined Hopewell after a difficult journey in previous schools, and very quickly his anxieties were put to rest, he is excited about school (gets there early every day), and is now getting A's and B's, and is energized to make them all A's. So proud of his achievements, and so grateful that the teachers know exactly how to connect with students, and very importantly, not just teach them to just pass tests. All the lessons are taught in an applied way, enabling students to see the context and application of what they are learning and giving them greatly needed critical thinking and complex problem solving skills.

As a parent of a child with special needs and anxiety, I looked long and hard before enrolling my child in a school. On paper, this school appeared to offer what I was looking for. We were extremely disappointed in Hopewell. The head of the school is not interested in the welfare of the students. There are a few very good teachers, but others have no idea how to teach a child with special needs. Do not be fooled into thinking your child is the top priority at this school. Believe me. Take this from a parent who loves her child and wants her to have the best education possible, in a safe and caring environment. Parents and teachers walk around in fear of the head of the school. I don't want my child in a school like this. It is a real shame because this school is supposed to help the most vulnerable of children.

Our child attended Hopewell Academy for 3 years. During that time our routine went from not wanting to go to school to going and participating not only during school but in after school activities. We found the teachers to be experienced and to take a personal interest in us. Class room size was kept small enough that individual attention could be incorporated to ensure understanding of subject matter. As a parent we go involved and still have what are life long friends as part of the Hopewell experience.

Hopewell Academy has been an excellent experience for our student. The teachers are outstanding and go out of their way to help the students. The founder of the school and dean are dedicated to the students and providing a challenging academic environment. The High school students have been given opportunities to visit area colleges, tour local companies, and have worked on projects such as improving the outdoor areas of the school. Our student has been able to participate in many sports teams over the years and enjoyed electives like art, yearbook and photography. We are thankful to have chosen Hopewell Academy 5 years ago. It was the best choice for our student who loves school and is thriving there.

I graduated from Hopewell Academy and would like to say the the staff and founder of the school will give you more opportunities than anywhere else. The career path that I chose was in the auto industry and at the beginning of the second quarter of my junior year a teacher helped me gain a Tuesday and Thursday internship at Atlantic Tire Co. and that did nothing but help me down the road. It's a great atmosphere to be in and the teaching styles have suited many kids that have gone through that school. I started in eighth grade and finished my senior year there. I can guarantee that a child can make it through that school without being "simply moved ahead" or "bullied" as I have seen in the other reviews. Not once was I bullied or moved on to a higher grade. You face the same academic challenge at this school the same as any other except for the fact that there are smaller classrooms and if needed a student can receive personal attention whether they have trouble figuring out a math problem to figuring out how to improve a jump shot on the basketball court. Once you become a student there you become part of a small community of friends. I would recommend this school to anyone.

I posted an honest review previously, but the truth hurt too many feelings; therefore, I am replacing it with this review.

As a parent I am very happy to see how my high school student has been excelling both academically and socially at Hopewell. A smaller school has given him the opportunity to shine.

Hopewell is a great school! Besides the fact of bullying. The teachers are well qualified, and very professional. The only problem is bullying. The school does NOTHING. I would do your research on this school before coming here. I would recommend this school, but STAY ALERT FOR BULLYING!!!!

Last modified Hopewell Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-12