Cary, NC

Posted June 03, 2015
RLS is an unbelievable place to give children a start in life. I have children who attended RLS from K-8 and I continually marvel at how well-equipped they have been to be competitive students and compassionate people in the years that have followed. The teachers and administrators guided their education with great care and expertise and encouraged my children to be confident and lifelong learners. I echo the words of the teacher who posted a review below (on May 18, 2015). I see the positive and lasting impact of Resurrection Lutheran School in my children's lives everyday!

Posted May 18, 2015
The faculty at RLS is second to none! Teachers model a high level of professionalism, compassion and support toward one another which translates into a rich academic experience for the students that we serve. Teachers and administrators are passionate about education and motivate students with their love of learning by encouraging them to explore their own natural curiosity. We are blessed with enthusiastic students, supportive parents and the freedom to teach creatively!

Posted February 27, 2015
My first grade daughter started RLS in October of this school year (2014-2015) because we were not happy with our base public school option. We could not be happier with this decision to switch. As a parent, I have been impressed by the positive and happy nature the teachers and administration exude. This alone can be seen at carpool drop off/pick up when the teachers greet the students by name and a smile and maybe a compliment or high five and holding the door open for them. I see respect for our children. I am also quite pleased with the academics. It is guided by the common core but executed well with creative and engaging instruction (unlike the public school which seemed like endless worksheets, endless standardized testing etc.). I feel like my daughter is challenged yet where she struggles a little more, in math, it is at her pace. My daughter loves her new friends and teachers. We were a little worried about the transition mid-year but everybody has been welcoming and helpful. At home we feel she seems happier with less anxiety. She wants to go to school. What could be better?

Posted September 23, 2014
We are a new family this year at the school. We cannot say enough about the kind, loving, supportive environment our kids have entered. Our kids continually say, "Everyone is so nice!" Their projects have been creative, the extracurricular activities plentiful and the academics challenging. Worth a tour if you are considering private school in the Raleigh area.

Resurrection Lutheran School 2

Posted July 22, 2014
You are paying for small class size and religion. Additionally, the teachers and staff are excellent and great to work with in and out of the classroom. The reason for the below average rating is as a result of their below average curriculum. The school's governing body determined this private school should adopt the federal standards also known as Common Core. This curriculum has been rejected by the NC public school system for being substandard along with other states across the country. My concern is this school only goes to 8th grade and with no public schools and very few private schools in NC using the Common Core curriculum, what will these children be prepared for when they transition.

Posted September 06, 2013
Resurrection Lutheran School has just recently made tremendous improvements in their technology program. My 5th grader has used a mini iPad, a Chrome Book, and a PC. I really like how the school does not focus on one kind of technology but encourages the students to know how to navigate various kinds of technology. And I love the importance the school puts on teaching the students how to type.

Posted August 28, 2013
This school is a gem. We are very pleased with the strong STEM curriculum and other offerings. My child is enjoying learning in an environment that values his individual gifts. The principal, staff, and teachers are attentive and very helpful. We also enjoy the small community atmosphere we have found at this school. The classes are rigorous and engaging for my child. We are extremely happy with our choice.

Posted August 28, 2013
Resurrection Lutheran School has a very strong reputation in the community. Teachers are are passionate, creative and dedicated to educating the students of RLS. The school environment is very welcoming and encouraging consequently, students love coming to school! My children completed their K-8 schooling hand are excelling in a local Wake County high school. They are confident and have established wonderful study habits.

Resurrection Lutheran School 2

Posted February 22, 2013
The school is good but has a tendency to lack discipline. The administrative staff is lacking some and their is a lot of bullying that is not taken care of. The principle is hard to talk to and but the administrative staff is nice. If your looking for a school that will get your children into a great collage, keep looking.

Posted November 07, 2011
I couldn't have asked for a better educational experience for my children. The have been nurtured and supported both as a student and as individuals all the way through elementary school as well as middle school. The teachers take a personal interest in each student's life. The school does a great job promoting critical thinking, team work, and respect (for themselves and others).

Resurrection Lutheran School
100 West Lochmere Drive, Cary, NC  27518
Last modified Resurrection Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Resurrection Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top