Posted October 03, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten at LPE this year and so far we are thrilled. We are amazed at how well her teacher communicates on a regular basis. We like how the school focuses on the whole student. They strive to build character, leadership, and creativity, as well as academics. The special classes offered are enriching. My daughter loves going to school and is so proud of everything she is learning. We feel she is getting a great start to her education at LPE.

Posted May 09, 2014
My child is finishing second grade at Laurel Park and we have been so happy with his experience there the past three years, The principle puts a real emphasis on teaching the whole student, providing support and opportunities to grow in not just core academics, but also health (fitness and nutrition), music, arts, language, responsibility, etc. The communication with parents has been wonderful and I have felt consistently included and encouraged to be a part of Laurel Park and my child's education. The teachers have been great and my child has been consistently above grade level in all testing. They continue to find ways to challenge him and provide opportunities to grow beyond the basic curriculum. My child loves school and feels safe and excited to go. I would highly recommend this school.

Laurel Park Elementary 3

Posted September 17, 2013
I wish I could give LPE a higher review but as the years go on I'm less satisfied. The principal is great, very engaged with the children and wants the best for them. I have always found the office staff helpful. It is a safe school but often to an unnecessary & overly exuberant level. My downgrade has to do with the hit or miss as regards teachers. In several years of my child attending, the school year is dictated by the tone or lack thereof set by the teacher. We are track 2 and two of the previous three years have been a been a huge disappointment as regards the conduct of teachers, their behavior towards the children and their lack of actual teaching. There are overly restrictive rules, not answering legitimate questions from kids and raising their voices to a level that is completely inappropriate for elementary level students ... to name just a few infractions. When you get a good teacher at LPE your child will be happy, engaged & will enjoy the school year. When you get a not so good one, expect a year of tears, stress and bad reports of teacher behavior, reports that are too consistent to be false. Weed out the obvious weak teachers and it's a 5* school.

Posted August 27, 2013
LOVE IT! We live in the neighborhood next to Laurel Park Elementary School(LPES). There are two teachers in the penguin point every morning to help/assist our kids to safely arrive at school. We really appreciate that. Also, the Track 4 teachers are wonderful, our kids have the opportunity to take part in the gifted program and Single Subject Acceleration, which provide them extra challenge in their daily curriculum. Besides a safe/fun learning environment, we also enjoy the other activities, including running club, Odyssey of the Mind, and Math Olympics. We also appreciate the energetic approach the school principal brings to school activities.

Posted August 27, 2013
We are in our 2nd year at Laurel Park with children in Kindergarten and First Grade, and we have been so pleased with the administration as well as the teachers and staff at LPE. The school is very good at communication and the recent Curriculum night was amazing! It was very helpful all the way from meeting our new teachers to mini sessions for parents on helping our children with their homework, etc. Mr. Batten, the principal and Ms. Curtis, asst principal are very visible and extremely positive and they really do a great job in making sure things run well at the school. All the teachers and staff also are very friendly and seeing the children succeed academically. The school also loves parents being involved and very much encourages volunteers. We are excited about being at LPE and feel blessed that our children attend there.

Posted August 19, 2013
I'm a parent of 1, who just started Kindergarten at Laurel Park this year. I have nothing to compare to other than the school I went to as a kid, but I have been nothing less than thrilled with how organized and responsive the teacher and admin staff at LP are.

Posted July 11, 2013
Teaches in Laurel Park are awesome and my kids love to go to school and they have very good grads in EOG

Posted August 12, 2011
Ive been a LP parent for the past 2 years. Im very happy with the school overall. The teachers are excellent. They are friendly an communicate well. The principal is awesome. Its wonderful how involved he is with the students and their families. LP is very family orientated and often offer family friendly activities like picnics, ice cream socials etc. My only gripe is the unpleasant and unfriendly attitude of a front end office staff member. Ive spoken to several other parents who concur.

Posted July 10, 2011
Our family is grateful to have had a child attending Laurel Park for the past 3 years. It is a warm, welcoming school with passionate teachers who are highly trained in multiple areas that address educating the whole child. Laurel Park is incredibly family-friendly and constantly works to build community by inviting people in to share their knowledge or having students connect with projects, field trips, and experiences that reach out to the greater Apex area and the world. Both students and staff make efforts everyday to do their best to learn in meaningful ways, be kind, maintain safety, and are open to helping others regarding what they've learned with a smile. Our child grows in confidence with this light!

Posted June 28, 2011
We have been attending LPES since the beginning and my 2 kids love going there. The current principal is very even-tempered and fair. As a parent and a volunteer, I have always felt that he cares about what I think, and he has always responded to me in a timely manner. We have had 6 different teachers during our time at LPE, and each and every one of them have been a pleasure- cheerful, welcoming and have always communicated well with us along with making learning a positive experience for the kids. The parent base is very active in volunteering, and the PTA is very generous in their support of funding special programs & events at the school. This past year we had authors come visit the school, in-school science field trips, and opportunities to buy extremely discounted ballet tickets as a result of the PTA's efforts. I feel that academics are important at LPE, but that the common view is that life not all about test scores I love that when I go visit the school that i never know if I am going to encounter 120 kids in a drum circle in the gym, or walk by a classroom w/ 25 pairs of sneakers lined up outside and hear a bunch of giggling kids inside in an inflatable planetarium!

Laurel Park Elementary
2450 Laura Duncan Road, Cary, NC  27511
Last modified Laurel Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Park Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top